PDA

View Full Version : [another] Man dies at Escambia County Jail

09-14-2007, 04:10 AM
http://www.pensacolanewsjournal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070913/NEWS01/70913040

Man dies at Escambia County Jail
A 34-year-old man died at the Escambia County Jail on Thursday.

The cause of the man’s death was not immediately known. An autopsy may be performed today, Sheriff’s Office spokesman Glenn Austin said.

There were no signs of foul play, Austin said.

The Sheriff’s Office is withholding the man’s name until his family is notified.

“You hate to see that happen,” Sheriff Ron McNesby said. “It’s sad, but it does happen.”

The man apparently went to sleep in a preclassification area of the jail, Austin said.
Another inmate called a detention officer after noticing the man “hadn’t moved in a while,” Austin said. “The detention officer quickly summoned the medical staff. They tried to resuscitate him. He just didn’t come around.”

Few details were immediately available about the man’s arrest. It was not clear what charges were filed against him and why he was at the jail.

Austin said he was picked up in the Brownsville area.

McNesby said it was his understanding that he was brought to the jail Wednesday.

Investigators were called to the jail after the man’s death about 5 p.m. McNesby said deputies interviewed other inmates about what happened.

09-14-2007, 05:08 AM
Well Morgan started at 13 went to 15 and on his latest video said up to 17. With this death I would guess his next video will say about 42.

09-14-2007, 09:10 AM
What does Morgan have to do with the record death toll at the jail? Answer: Nothing. What does McNesby have to do with the record jail toll at the jail? Everything. The number is now 18 if you include the two work release inmates. (You'll recall the sheriff claimed "work release" at the Zion Hope Church public grilling about the jail deaths.) Your attack on the next sheriff is typical of McNesby management. Deny responsibility and blame a boogie man. Ernie Lee, Morgan, a Judge, the State Attorney, the devil, etc. Fact is it's your fault McNesby. And soon you will join your buddy Touart in the unemployment line. If you are very lucky you'll avoid another state grand jury. Don't count on beating the rap in Wisconsin though. They are prosecuting you and they will convict you for the very best reasons. You are guilty as hell.

09-14-2007, 11:19 AM
How many have died at West Florida Hospital? Hey newsflash people die... especially people who by their nature don't give a shi* about society and it's laws much less their own health......that is why they are in jail numbnuts. Most inmates are heavy smokers/drinkers and use illegal drugs. Most don't have doctors or insurance and prefer to sponge off society and what they can't sponge they steal. So don't expect any flowers from me. Death takes place....we all have to do it and if they happen to be in jail when it happens to them, so be it!

09-14-2007, 02:03 PM
For the record, the Sheriffs Office has nothing to do with the Work Release program.

The Work Release program is handled by County Probation. County Probabtion is led by Gordon Pike who reports to the County Administrator.

The Work Release program uses the private security firm 'Securitas' to provide staffing for the unit.

Hospitals, such as West Florida, are a place where sick people are treated for their illness. Sick people often die in hospitals. That could be one of the reasons why each of the local hospitals have a morgue.

There are times when sick people are booked into the jail. That is why the jail has a medical unit. The medical unit is a private, for profit, entity. You can't make money if you are sending sick inmates to the hospital or if you are treating their illnesses.

Last time I checked the jail didn't have a morgue. Maybe, instead of the new padded cells or changing the private medical provider, the Sheriff should have had a morgue installed to hold the dead bodies?

With a new morgue unit, the Sheriff (or one of his many Directors) could: * pillage each of the understaffed jail shifts for another officer or two;
* create a new shift;
* promote another crony to Captain (or Director so he can pay them $80,999.98).

None of which will stop arrestee's from dying in jail. And so far, nothing Ronnie Mac has tried has worked either. Could it actually be the inferior, private medical services being provided?

Need I say more?

09-14-2007, 02:04 PM
For the record, the Sheriffs Office has nothing to do with the Work Release program.

The Work Release program is handled by County Probation. County Probabtion is led by Gordon Pike who reports to the County Administrator.

The Work Release program uses the private security firm 'Securitas' to provide staffing for the unit.

Hospitals, such as West Florida, are a place where sick people are treated for their illness. Sick people often die in hospitals. That could be one of the reasons why each of the local hospitals have a morgue.

There are times when sick people are booked into the jail. That is why the jail has a medical unit. The medical unit is a private, for profit, entity. You can't make money if you are sending sick inmates to the hospital or if you are treating their illnesses.

Last time I checked the jail didn't have a morgue. Maybe, instead of the new padded cells or changing the private medical provider, the Sheriff should have had a morgue installed to hold the dead bodies?

With a new morgue unit, the Sheriff (or one of his many Directors) could: * pillage each of the understaffed jail shifts for another officer or two;
* create a new shift;
* promote another crony to Captain (or Director so he can pay them $80,999.98).

None of which will stop arrestee's from dying in jail. And so far, nothing Ronnie Mac has tried has worked either. Could it actually be the inferior, private medical services being provided? Can anybody provide a count on the number of medical employees who were terminated or who has resigned in the last month?

Need I say more?

MOD 353
09-15-2007, 07:37 PM
You can DISCUSS this incident if you want to but I will not allow this to be a finger pointing session with people that do not have a clue as to what happened with this jail death. If you feel the need to stir the pot, spread lies or bad mouth the Sheriff's Office over this there are still several websites available for it. It will not be tolerated here, period. If you don't like it, don't post here.

09-16-2007, 12:22 AM
You can DISCUSS this incident if you want to but I will not allow this to be a finger pointing session with people that do not have a clue as to what happened with this jail death. If you feel the need to stir the pot, spread lies or bad mouth the Sheriff's Office over this there are still several websites available for it. It will not be tolerated here, period. If you don't like it, don't post here.

Mod 353 it’s mighty big of you to give your permission for those posting to “DISCUSS THIS INCIDENT IF YOU WANT TO” then go on to contradict yourself by saying you’re going to control what is discussed. Where is it written in the LEOAFFAIRS posting guidelines that it is not allowed to post an OPINION that is critical of or that is a negative OPINION about anything that occurs at the Sheriffs Department? Post that rule Mod 353 or else get another opinion from the owners of this site about your duties as a modulator. You’re making assumption that anyone who posts any opinion that you don’t agree with must not have any employment connection with the Sheriff’s Department and they must be from a rival political camp. Even if they are, where is it written they can’t post opinions regardless as to how they come by those opinions? When I read the history of how and why this site was started it was to assure that OPINIONS, EVEN NEGATIVE OPINIONS could be safely posted without fear of censorship or repercussions from any authority of the agency. You seem to be representing the self serving interest of the present administration of the Sheriffs Department rather than the interest of the integrity of LEOAFFAIRS. Your authoritarian attitude in dictating that you will not allow any “FINGER POINTING” or “BAD MOUTH THE SHERIFFS DEPARTMENT” is clearly a biased position. You have demonstrated in the past that you attempt to control any comments that you personally find critical of the department. Your present and past exercise of censorship highly suggests you perceive your role as a protector of the image of the Department and McNesby and not to MODULATE for improper, lewd and out right libelous comments. If you need training as a modulator, you should visit several of the other Sheriff’s Department blogs and you’ll find out what real “FINGER POINING” and “BAD MOUTHING “ is and the modulators there don’t interject censorship or try to control the posting. You cannot serve two masters. Serve LEOAFFAIRS as a neutral modulator of give up the job and get out of Dodge.

09-16-2007, 02:00 AM
Actually, i think it is "moderator", not modulator.

And I agree with him. Keep this discussion based in reality.

MOD 353
09-16-2007, 02:59 AM
First off, your posts are not protected under any guise of any rules here at LEOAffairs because you post as a guest and are not a registered user, please read the Terms of Use. I did say I was not going to allow finger pointing and I stand by that comment. You can go back and post your opinions on the PNJ forums where they belong. People make assumptions based on non existing facts(to my knowledge none have been released yet) and want to come here, to the Escambia County Sheriff's Office blog, thats right, this site was designed with the actual employees in mind, and want to post nonsense that is not based on any truths. Like I said, there are several other forums for that. I am not here to protect the image of the Sheriff (I could care less) but I will not allow hard working people (deputies and detention deputies) to be libeled on THEIR website because you or others have an axe to grind with the man in charge. If you have a problem with the way I MODULATE(?) this forum please take it up with Mod 1 or register as a user and your posts may have more vaildity here.

MOD 353
09-16-2007, 03:07 AM
For the people that want to tell Mods what they are and are not supposed to do on this website please read this small section from the Terms of Use. This is also stickied at the top of the ECSO forum for all to read but apparentlty some don't :roll:

This is not a SLAM site and the Forums should be used constructively. Messages (anonymous or not) accusing anyone (including political candidates) of wrong doing (and/or criminal accusations) without substantial proof or reference are subject to deletion. Use your REAL name unless the need for an Anonymous Message is warranted. Messages not requiring Anonymous status, but being abused, are subject to deletion by System Moderators. Anonymous Messages are not granted the same right to exist that properly identified Messages are. Failure to comply can result in Message deletion and/or access blockage.