PDA

View Full Version : 4 Officers Shot

MOD 1
09-13-2007, 05:40 PM
4 Officers were shot this AM. Massive manhunt underway for the shooter.

May God be with these officers, their families, and those officers searching for this culprit.

Mod 1

09-13-2007, 05:52 PM
please keep us posted on any information regarding blood drives or donations or any other assistance needed for the families.

09-13-2007, 05:57 PM
My dad is a retired Miami-Dade officer (Al Graves...worked at Station 6). My husband is a BSO Deputy. My family is thinking of you all during this time. We are so sad and even more ANGRY!! We will be here if you all need us! I hope and pray we get this sob.

09-13-2007, 09:24 PM
may perpetual light shine upon you and may God have mercy on your soul.
Peace

09-13-2007, 09:28 PM
My thoughts and prayers are with all members of the Miami-Dade Police Department during this difficult time. May God give the friends and families of the officer who was killed, and the others who were seriously injured the strength they need to get through this extremely difficult time. I pray that God will guide those officers searching for the offender so that he can be caught quickly. The SOB needs to pay his dues. May God Bless all of you.

09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
Hang in there guys. He'll be caught and pay for what he's done.

09-13-2007, 09:33 PM
prayers are with the officers involved. This truly saddens me.

09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
We at the Broward Sheriff's Office (no strangers to officer shootings) are deeply saddend for your loss this day. We also pray for the speedy recovery of your other officers. I'm sure we will provide you with tireless assistance durring this investigation and not rest until the murderer is apprehended.

09-13-2007, 09:43 PM
We at the Broward Sheriff's Office (no strangers to officer shootings) are deeply saddend for your loss this day. We also pray for the speedy recovery of your other officers. I'm sure we will provide you with tireless assistance durring this investigation and not rest until the murderer is apprehended.

09-13-2007, 09:53 PM

You don't need a user name, you're family! Thank you!

09-13-2007, 10:25 PM
My prayers go out to each of you and the families during this time. I have many friends with MDPD. I think of you often and it saddens me to think about the recent events, and how violent south Florida has become.
I will always keep you in my heart and soul.

Be strong.... Ron Friedman Retired NMBPD

09-13-2007, 11:40 PM
I worked with the great guys down south for 20 years.. Does anyone know who it was yet? I'm very sorry for your loss.

09-14-2007, 12:09 AM
be careful guys, watch ur back. i hope they get this ass and give hm wt he deserves.

09-14-2007, 12:37 AM
Our thoughts and prayers to the family of the deceased officer as well as to the 3 injured officers and their families. We are very sorry for the great lost of the MDPD family. Have faith that the killer will be caught & will pay for his actions. Thank you to all the men & women that protect our streets every single day unfortunately things like this have to happen for people to recognize all the work you guys do. May God bless every single one of you & your families as well. We are very proud of you!!!!

09-14-2007, 01:40 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the officer who paid the ultimate price today as well as your family. I'd also like to wish a quick and complete recovery to the other 3 officers who were injured... May the Lord be with you all.

09-14-2007, 01:58 AM
My prayers go out to all that were involved in today's shooting but i really pray for the slain officer's wife and children. As a police officer myself i will do my part to make sure his wife but moreso his little angels will be taken care of. I will never forget and even after the suspect is caught neither should you. Do your part as a brother and sisterhood and let's take care of our extended family.

09-14-2007, 01:58 AM
My prayers go out to all that were involved in today's shooting but i really pray for the slain officer's wife and children. As a police officer myself i will do my part to make sure his wife but moreso his little angels will be taken care of. I will never forget and even after the suspect is caught neither should you. Do your part as a brother and sisterhood and let's take care of our extended family.

09-14-2007, 01:59 AM

09-14-2007, 01:59 AM

09-14-2007, 04:28 AM
My thoughts and prayers go out to the officers and their families!
MPD COP'ER

09-14-2007, 06:46 AM
Glad to see a quick resolution to the manhunt. The girlfriend needs to spend some time in jail for lying about the shooters' true identity.

May the families find some peace during this time of sorrow.

09-14-2007, 08:30 AM
We are very sorry for the loss of your brother and we grieve with you in this time of sadness. Take care a be safe.

Florida Department of Corrections (Probation and Parole)

09-14-2007, 01:13 PM
As much animosity as there is between us, when it hits the fan we can't help but be there for each other. For regardless of badge or color of uniform we would all bleed red for each other. My prayers to those involved in this sad incident, but also my prayers to all of us who wear our shield with pride every day and put it on the line.

09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
Our family is praying for you and your family. What a great loss of a person, our prayers will always continue for you safety and the extended MDPD family.

Good job in getting that piece of s h i t off the street, wish I could have been there just to shake your hand(s).

May God be with all.

09-14-2007, 11:37 PM
Accept my prayers for your officers and their families,friends and co-workers.Glad the murderer was located.He got what he deserved.

09-15-2007, 12:06 AM
God Bless all of you who patrol our streets to make sure that we, the citizens, are safe. My thoughts and prayers go out to the family and friends of the slain officer, and those injured.

09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Great jobs guys. In times of such terrible tragedy and grief you guys kept your heads and followed up on every lead. The scum bag who shot and killed one fine officer and injured 3 others in now where he belongs...in the garbage dump. Thank you for saving the taxpayers of this great state many millions of dollars trying, housing, and allowing this cop killer to work out and watch TV while the rest of us put our lives on the line everyday just so a scumbag like him can have a "fair trial." I thank you! He got his "fair trial." Great work!

09-15-2007, 04:25 AM
It seems lately that we are sending each other more and more of these types of messages. Florida is changing. My heart and prayers go out to your agency and the families of all of the officers involved. Stick close to each other. I know that as cops we don't like to show our feelings, but please, let your zone partners know that they are important to you. I know that it is implied, but try saying the words. Please be safe. May God be with us all.

09-15-2007, 04:58 AM
I am a PO with MPD and I meet Jose over ten years ago before either one of us become police officers. I never meet his family, however everytime I ran into him, he made one feel like family. He would always ask about my family as I would likewise. He was upbeat and we always took the time to talk in order to catch up on our careers and personal lives. Those "we need to get together" conversations never occurred, now I wish they did. My condoleences to his family and the MDPD family. Not only a fellow police officer is gone, but more importantly a good friend.

09-15-2007, 07:42 AM
I HAVE NOT READ ALL OF THE POSTS, BUT ALL I (AND WE OF PPINES) CAN SAY IS EXCELLENT JOB BY ALL THAT PARTICIPATED!!!!!!!!

TO THE FAMILIES OF THOSE AFFECTED, YOU HAVE YOUR LOVED ONES IN OUR PRAYERS.

09-16-2007, 05:36 AM
we are saddend to hear of your lose and of your injured Officer's , keep your heads up and be strong , our prayers and thoughts are with you.

09-16-2007, 08:36 PM
OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH YOU ALL.

09-17-2007, 07:49 PM
To the family of Officer Somahano,

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks from the citizen of Miami Dade County, he died protecting.
I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

CPA Class 34 of Miami Dade County

09-17-2007, 09:53 PM
:cry: I KNOW I CAN SPEAK FOR ALOT OF US HERE AT THE MIAMI POLICE DEPT. ALL OUR THOUGHTS AND PRAYERS ARE WITH ALL OF YOU IN THIS VERY SAD & TRYING TIME WE ALL ARE GOING THROUGH. MAY GOD BE WITH ALL OF YOU. MY HEART BREAKS FOR A FAMILY THAT THAIR DADDY WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO HOLD HIS LITTLE ONES AND KISS THEM GOOD NIGHT OR READ THEM BED TIME STORIES, FOR A WIFE WHO IAM SURE SHE FEELS LOST AND ALL ALONE. REST ASSURED YOU ARE APART OF A VERY LARGE FAMILY THAT WILL ALWAS BE HERE FOR YOU AND YOU LITTLE ONES, IF THERE IS ANY THING YOU NEED JUST LET US KNOW. I JUST WISH THERE WAS A WAY SOME HOW GOD COULD ERASE THIS HORRIBLE MESS AND MAKE IT ALL BETTER. JUST LOVE EACH OTHER AND YOUR FAMILIES WITH ALL YOUR HEART & SOUL, REMEMBER GOD CHOSE US TO DO THIS JOB U DIDN'T CHOOSE IT. WE ALL HAVE A PURPOSE IN THIS SHORT LIFE, CHERRISH IT WITH ALL U GOT AND BE THE VERY BEST POLICE OFFICER U CAN IN ALL THAT YOU DO. HE HAS A VERY SPECIAL PLACE FOR US. SO REMEMBER IN THOSE HARD AND TRYING TIMES WHEN U FEEL LOST OR ALONE AND U FEEL THAT THERE IS NO ONE WITH U . IT IS THEN THAT GOD IS CARRYING U IN HIS LOVING ARMS. HE IS ALWAYS WITH US. I WILL LIFT UP MY EYES UNTO THE HILLS, FOR WHERE DOES MY HELP COME. IT COMES FROM GOD WHO CREATED HEAVEN & EARTH. (GREATER IS HE THAT IS IN ME, THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD) TAKE CARE ALL OF YOU & ALWAYS TAKE CARE OF EACH OTHER. WITH ALL MY LOVE A FELLOW BROTHER IN BLUE :cry:

09-18-2007, 10:28 PM
Although I was not able to attend the services today for your officer, I did watch the newsclips online. Mayor Alvarez did a wonderful job in his comments. My prayers are with all of you, especially the family of Officer Somohano, as you begin the healing process. Know that there are retired officers from South Florida all over the country who shed a tear or two today seeing the support from the other departments and the community. May God watch over all of you and keep you safe. Ret. Major Nancy Olon, Winston-Salem, NC

THE PUNISHER
09-19-2007, 12:21 PM
I was very proud to see the turn out for our fallen brother. We stood there shoulder to shoulder no matter what color your uniform was. We need to learn from this and remember we are all LEOs no matter where you work. It's sad that it took an incident like this to bring us together but, don't let it die there. We all need to be united.

09-20-2007, 10:26 AM
Our prayers go out to the officers and their families involved in this tragic incident. We pray for the speedy recovery of those who survived, we admire your courage.

09-22-2007, 09:44 PM
To the SRT folks who "arrested " the murdering *******, thank you. Any heat from anywhere, let us know on these boards and cops from everywhere will back you up, on a 3. That murderer will not have the chance to kill anyone else, ever again. To the officer in the hospital, God be with you in your tough road to recovery. And to the family of the dead officer, you will be in our hearts and prayers. And to all who wear a gun and badge, vest up, stay safe.

Unregistered
01-18-2017, 05:32 AM
A terrible time in MDPD history