PDA

View Full Version : Enough Already!!!!!!!!!!!

09-13-2007, 01:08 PM
DOES ANYONE HAVE ANYTHING GOOD THAT THEY WOULD LIKE TO CONSTRUCTIVELY CRITICIZE????????

09-13-2007, 09:17 PM
LOL...if it were good, why would I criticize it? :lol:

09-15-2007, 01:41 PM
I wish you guys would start bringing on the certified applicant pool that was approved to hire but is held up with budget crunch.

09-15-2007, 02:22 PM
I wish we had an FOP President that was more like John Rivera. I doubt it. John Rivera has balls and knows how to read and write.

I wish that the current FOP President would address that racist past President for what he said. I doubt it. He use to be on Motors with him.

I wish we had an FOP President that did the right thing and left the FOP President Position when he retires next year. I doubt it. He has no life.

I wish we had a Union President like the Fire Department. They held out not sell out to the Chief and City manager to get a contract passed in order to get his best friend BR Promoted to Lieutenant, RDA, Captain, Major Etc. I doubt it.

I wish we had an FOP Executive Board that was not scared of him and looked out for the rest of us.

09-15-2007, 02:55 PM
Maybe Santa will bring you what you wish for. :cop:

09-15-2007, 04:54 PM
We wish you had the b-lls to post your name

09-15-2007, 05:17 PM
Anonymity is a good thing.

BR, can you exxplain to BJ what anonymity is?

09-16-2007, 12:46 AM
This is an example of what a real Union President looks like. He does not spend half his day in Director Parkers Office trying to work out deals for his Cronies either.

http://cbs4.com/topstories/local_story_257110126.html

CBS4) MIAMI-DADE John Rivera, president of Miami-Dade's Police Benevolent Association, was interviewed on Friday on CBS4 News This Morning saying union officials visited with the slain officer's family at their home.

''They're not doing good. It's very somber, but they're getting a lot of support, even from neighbors,'' he said.

Rivera was asked what he believed is on the minds of officers right now. He responded, "It is a very tragic time. The officers' morale is very difficult. Obviously, the capture of the bad guy helps us come to some sort of closure, but, you know, and I've been saying it: the streets of Miami are violent."

He added, "You've got to keep giving us more resources. You can't keep taking away from us in public safety and expect us to do a good job to keep the streets safe. It can't happen. They've got to give us more resources."

When asked about the number of police officers killed in the line of duty recently, the union chief expressed concern over the increasing population of South Florida without a corresponding increase in police hires.

He said, "We have a war zone out there. Nobody likes to call it that, because this is tourist area. We need to fight that war with resources. You know, if you look at the number of officers 20 years ago to now, the numbers are dwindling. They're not growing, but yet our population is growing and gotten more violent."

"The leaders have their priorities all screwed up. In our view, you know, they would rather pay for pet projects. They need to put the money where it counts."

Rivera said, "It starts off with the courts. We need the support of the courts. They need to be tough on criminals. The state attorney's office has got to stop being lenient with these bad guys. Our local leaders need to put the resources into where it counts in public safety."

Lastly, Rivera said that hiring police officers has been a priority but the union is at a 'crisis level' on personnel. He believes reports of officers being killed has a negative impact on getting people into the force.