PDA

View Full Version : put up or shut up

09-12-2007, 03:58 PM
today is the day for this topic to be discussed with the sheriff. some will be there some will not. the shame is all should go and discuss the future of our department and do so with maturity and open minds......but this is bpd and those two traits are seldom at the forefront of any discussion. be realistic with this issue. the city is not going to fund any substancial changes any time soon.....for years....just ask the financial director....he will tell you, the city will not have any substancial revenue increases for at least the next five years.....no newly hired city manager or police chief can change that fact. we will be able to hang on...but that is it. we will not progress past what we have......they wont even guarantee they will fill rons spot.....according to the numbers we have all positions filled...we will not be allotted any more positions.....take home cars are not a sure thing....the take home car policy is being "evaluated, to best assess the impact on the city".....rest assured in 2008 we will loose our take home cars before they lay off any other city employees......and justly so.....the 8 other cars needed so all of those elligable will be issued one.....wont be ordered until Jan 08...after the super exemption is voted on....and if passed....dont count on the cars.....just simple math.....

be realistic....dont let fear, ignorance and intimidation be the pillars on which you build you opinions....let reality, maturity and a concentrated focus on the furure help you decide. its not a easy choice...but its best to face reality, believe in the facts and put emotions aside when facing such issues.

09-12-2007, 05:38 PM
be realistic....dont let fear, ignorance and intimidation be the pillars on which you build you opinions....let reality, maturity and a concentrated focus on the furure help you decide. its not a easy choice...but its best to face reality, believe in the facts and put emotions aside when facing such issues

Last I checked the decision is not the members, but the City Commissions. Why waste time and ponder a decision that is not up to us to make. I wish everyone would quit being so selfish and always worried about money and what is in it for them. Working for BPD is not Mandatory, but Voluntary. If ya don't like it then leave and don't look back. Heck, there are plenty of jobs available where one can make a lot more money than BPD or even the PCSO, this is America after all. A merger is not the only route to becoming an employee of the Sheriff's Office. One can easily fill out an employment application across the street. There are plenty of us at BPD that are willing to work with the City and provide professional law enforcement service to our citizens.

09-12-2007, 06:01 PM
thank you for helping me to prove the point.......why shouldnt the citizens get thier moneys worth when they call us....instead of us having to punt as soon as something major happens......hell we cant even handle our own major crime scenes, our own narcotics problem......we will not retain people...the money wasted on training people just so they can leave is an example of the citizens not getting thier moneys worth......so the suggestion to those who want change for them to just leave, is a mistake and a knee jerk reaction, pull you head out of the sand and look beyond your own checkbook.......face the facts.

09-12-2007, 06:19 PM
thank you for helping me to prove the point.......why shouldnt the citizens get thier moneys worth when they call us....instead of us having to punt as soon as something major happens......hell we cant even handle our own major crime scenes, our own narcotics problem......we will not retain people...the money wasted on training people just so they can leave is an example of the citizens not getting thier moneys worth......so the suggestion to those who want change for them to just leave, is a mistake and a knee jerk reaction, pull you head out of the sand and look beyond your own checkbook.......face the facts.

Quit blaming all the problems on manpower and people leaving. We can easily handle our own crime scenes and the drug problems, we are just not allowed too. most of the people that left over the past few years are the new generation kids that whenever something doesn't go there way the quit and give up by running away. We don't need them anyways. We are back up to full strength now and have all heard how Bartow could be run with fewer deputies. Well if the sheriff's office can handle bartow than the current police office surley can. It's not all about quantity but quality. Don't you have a meeting to get too anyways?

09-12-2007, 09:05 PM
I must say, I have only been at the police department only a short while, but am completely happy here. The only issue that I have been exposed too, is negative comments by a supervisor (bpd213, without naming names). It seems to me that this Sgt does nothing but belittle people and whine. Here recently all he has down is cramed a merger with PCSO down our throat. He recently presented the pay scale from the sheriffs office at our briefing, shouldn't we be focused on something else at briefing?!?. I know he use to work at the sheriffs office and I heard he also worked at Auburndale pd. Its like he cant be happy anywhere, so he wants us all to be miserable. Well I AM NOTmiserable unless im having to listen to his disection of life. If he wants to work some where else, I wish he would go and leave us the hell alone!

09-12-2007, 10:27 PM
I have to agree with bpdrook and bpdvet. I wish he would stay on one side of the fence and do his job instead of kissing up to whoever has the power around bpd at the time. He needs to be positive instead of so negative especially being in a supervisor postion. As soon as we get a new chief he will be first in line to tell him how great and loyal he is.

09-12-2007, 11:46 PM
it seems the predictions were right on....childish games....name calling.....distortion of the facts all again have become the focus instead of the real issues....intimidation and bullying being used to deflect the subject at hand......its a sad thing to think this is the result of someone having the ability to speak thier own views....typical and sad...

09-13-2007, 12:00 AM
Do I Want BPD! No I Want PCSO! BPD PCSO BPD PCSO I'm SOOOOO CONFUSED!

Please Director, guide us to the LIGHT!

09-13-2007, 01:25 AM
The real issues at hand? You sir are an issue at hand. You do not lead, you subvert. You create chaos and constantly talk bad and down to others who are not on your squad. This has been witnessed first hand time and time again. Having your opinion is fine, but when you are supposed to be leading a squad and they constantly hear you complain and degrade the agency and others officers, what are they supposed to think. Every bridge that is built you single handedly appear to take pleasure in destroying. Rather than working with people, you work against them. You speak desparingly of other officers and have become the very problem you have so vocally spoken of.

To bpd who is confused. Please don't be confused. We have a fine agency that is going through growing pains. Read up on the SO board, they are not happy campers. The choice is yours, look not to a part time director to solve your woes, rather man or woman up and lets do our jobs.....or simply put, apply somewhere else. We would love to have you if you want to be here, if not, find another home. no hard feelings.

09-13-2007, 10:29 AM
it seems the predictions were right on....childish games....name calling.....distortion of the facts all again have become the focus instead of the real issues....intimidation and bullying being used to deflect the subject at hand......its a sad thing to think this is the result of someone having the ability to speak thier own views....typical and sad...

what predictions my good sir, are you refering to? I have scan the post over and see no predictions. I have also scanned the pages and have seen no distortion of the facts. I have seen no one attempt to intimidate or bully anyone since the creation of this post. I do however, see some on these post that use intimidation as the stonesedge of their skills. When the knowledge slips from his grasp he turns to the intimidation. I will name no names in my post, simply for the reason it is well known to the people on this post who the target of the frustration is. The person I am reffering too, knows who he is and as he reads this is probably getting anger or his feelings hurt. STOP BEING PART OF THE PROBLEM. This is a team sport and takes a team effort. The ship has not sank, he did have some water get aboard, and youre ready to jump off. I support Director Williams, he is a good man, he if wanted to retire from the SO and apply to be our chief, I would support it. The Sgt, everyone is refering too, i do not support. He is spineless and will go wherever the wind may blow

MPrevatt
09-13-2007, 06:45 PM
Ok, this is Mike Prevatt. I have put up. No sneeky screen names or "chee, I wonder who that is?" deals. I sign my name to this to prove my point.

It is impossible to have a productive conversation with a person or persons who hide behind the veil of anonymity. Period. Principles only mean something when they are difficult to live by. However, everyone here wants to voice their principles and beliefs without signing your name. Since this is a forum and forums are for opinion, my opinion is anonymity lacks character. If you believe so greatly in what you say, please, sign your name, regardless of which side of the fence you may be on. Because if you do not sign your name, you are just running your mouth in some vain attempt to satisfy yourself. Signing your name makes you accountable for your opinion. So people with different opinions may may work together to find common ground. I have read all this and it is my opinion this needs to stop. If we, meaning the entire department, wishes to work together for the good of the citizens, department and city, how about lets stop talking about and do it?

As far as being blasted for not being "unknown" here, I will probably be entertained by the responses. Tasteless jokes and name calling with made up screen names so no one will "know who I am" seem to run normal here. However, prior to hitting the send key, remember your anonymous name calling only shows how hollow an individual you really are.

I defend no one or make blind accusations. Please stop me and ask if I really posted this. I invite you all to stop by and speak with me or I'll meet you at your home or you are welcome in my home and we can get down to solving problems and working together. I care for each of you that much. However this needs to stop.

This is Michael Prevatt and I have put up.

09-13-2007, 07:05 PM
King Grady rules again !!

09-14-2007, 02:05 PM
What a post from MPrevat.Is the same guy was in SRO he was a Harley fan because HIS supervisor was also?the same guy that as soon as he made det he suddenly turned into a boatmaster fishing guru big mouth bass guybecause his new supervisor was also?Is this the same guy who went fishing with Sandvick but would then talk all the crap about him to everyone.I think maybe, "those in glass houses, should'nt throw stones".
SAY WHAT YOU GOTTA SAY, YOUR OPINION IS JUS AS VALID AS ANYONE ELSE.BUT, don't hold yourself out to be Mr. betterthaneveryoneelse.
These forums are a way for people that don't want to be afraid of payback for telling the truth.

09-14-2007, 05:39 PM
To guesttt 1, Dont run your mouth where it should not be run. No this is not MPREVATT, but at least he has the B$LL$ to put his name on here. But i guesttt you don't.

09-14-2007, 06:29 PM
i notice u didnt put UR name either

09-14-2007, 06:58 PM
tred,
MP has the right to say what he wants to. You have the right to say what you want to. I have the right to say what i want to. but less try to keep the better then you stuff down. If its lets make this place better then lets do that, but MP saying how much better he is because he can put his name on a post is not trying to make bp a better place. its beating his drum to be noticed.you running to his defense and telling me i cant say my opinion because you dont like what i have to say shows where you are at in this. i know youre not MP because youre right he did put his name.

09-15-2007, 02:43 AM
To guesttt1,

You are a coward, this is a forum to post your opinion about topics within the Bartow police department, not to make personal attacks against fellow officers. Nothing Red posted was a personal attack toward an individual, however, you don't have the balls to put your name at the end of the personal attack you posted against him. I'm calling you a coward on this forum and if you want come see me on Monday and I'll call you a coward to your face.

People like you are the problem with Bartow p.d. It is a shame you would talk about Red like that because you know he would give you the shirt off of his back or the spare room at his house if you needed it. I would suggest you keep your opinions to yourself, and never let me find out who you are.

Greg Rhoden

09-15-2007, 03:52 AM
Many of the comments indicate how some members show low self-esteem. Reading a majority of these posts, and which the public also views, indicates further how immature some of the members are. I am truly amazed how it’s portrayed that it’s always someone else’s fault. When are these individuals who degrade others going to take responsibility for their own actions, or lack of action!

The agency is not the problem, its those who lost focus on what they swore an oath to perform!

And you wonder why many citizens have lost confidence in their Law Enforcement Agencies.

09-15-2007, 12:23 PM
To Guesttt1:

I think you were way out of line with the attacks on Red. I know Red would do anything in his power to help anyone at this department. He has never done anything to hurt anyone. If you are that discontent maybe you need to leave this department or better yet leave this state. I know you work for the department guesttt1 but as far as i am concearned you are not a l.e.o. or brother in any since of the word. Maybe one day hell will find a special place for you.

09-15-2007, 04:24 PM
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say that I grew up in the city limits of Bartow all my life and still live around there now, but I work for the S.O. and know quite a few of you that write in here as well as your co-workers on the streets.

We arent always going to like everyone we work with, just too many different personalities, however, if the public reads this, that means your City Counsel does to. If they see you bickering like this, they might say, this is so far out of their reach, have the county take over.

And as much as I would love to work with some of yall side by side, I feel the pride that yall do... the city should keep their PD. If you are happy there, fight to keep your PD.. dont bicker between each other.

For the few that came over from your agency to the S.O. they came for money reasons and the feeling that things werent going to change. But you now have the opportunity to change that, hopefully.

If you want to keep your city, push that on Williams and your counsel. You know like the rest of us, the upper staff do what they want. Doesnt help when you have spineless supervisors trying to get ahead or look good in the higher ups (Look at the Sheriff elections come next year)

There are a lot of advantages and disadvantages between city and county. The city are much more close-knit in knowing everything about everyone. You are majorily names, not numbers, unlike the S.O. The only times you are numbers, is by radio. We are always numbers.

Bartow PD has been through a lot.. unfortunately in recent months its been really low, but hopefully the city will look for a Chief and not a blending with the S.O.

I only think records and dispatch should be joined ONLY for the fact that suspect data would be more easily tracked then how we have it now. If we havent FIRd a suspect but BPD did.. that information could be tracked and easily available. Anyone who works, knows thats suspects dont stay within city lines or county lines, they travel.

Well I wish yall the best, I support you in keeping the city. There are more deputies out here that think like I do.

Dispatch related reasons is because calls can come out faster to assist in in progress calls. But that should ENTIRE county and ALL cities.

09-17-2007, 02:00 AM
How’s things going in Bartow. Chief has been gone for about two months now. Heard you now have a new progressive Chief now. Read in the paper a couple of weeks ago, Sheriff and BPD Drug Unit made some arrests. Guess you all excited to have your Drug Unit back again. Was your Bike & Street Crimes Unit also involved? How many officers are there now assigned to these units? Glad your new chief was able to restore the units the old chief got rid of.

Are you all hiring now! Knew you all had about 54 officers. Are you back up to full strength now?

What’s the staring salary now? The PCSO starts at 35K, LPD 35K, and Haines City at 33K. I would like to work for a progressive department.

Glad it all worked for you all.

09-17-2007, 03:16 AM
How’s things going in Bartow. Chief has been gone for about two months now. Heard you now have a new progressive Chief now. Read in the paper a couple of weeks ago, Sheriff and BPD Drug Unit made some arrests. Guess you all excited to have your Drug Unit back again. Was your Bike & Street Crimes Unit also involved? How many officers are there now assigned to these units? Glad your new chief was able to restore the units the old chief got rid of.

Are you all hiring now! Knew you all had about 54 officers. Are you back up to full strength now?

What’s the staring salary now? The PCSO starts at 35K, LPD 35K, and Haines City at 33K. I would like to work for a progressive department.

Glad it all worked for you all.

Thanks for you nice comments. The bike unit and street crimes were involved in that little investigation. As far as salaries go, we should be moving up to about 38k starting. Please contact Sgt. Goff if interested in applying for a position, he is the recruiting officer. Thanks again.

09-18-2007, 11:31 AM
TO MY FELLOW COWORKERS,

IF HISTORY TEACHES US ANYTHING, IT IS IF WE DONT LEARN FROM OUR
MISTAKES, WE WILL REPEAT THEM IN THE FUTURE. ASK YOURSELF THIS, IS THIS THE IMAGE WE WANT TO CONVEY TO THE PUBLIC. FOLKS I HAVE BEEN AT THIS AGENCY FOR NEARLY HALF OF MY ADULT LIFE AND FEEL THE CURRENT OFFICERS HERE ARE SOME OF THE BEST IN THE BUSINESS. WE CAN MATCH UP AGAINST ANY AGENCY. WE HAVE JUST LOST OUR WAY AND ITS UP TO US TO SET THE COUSRE TO GET BACK ON TRACK. THIS CAN ONLY HAPPEN IF THE MEMBERS OF THIS AGENCY SET ASIDE PERSONAL AGENDAS AND FEELINGS AND FOCUS ON WHAT IT IS WE WANT AND TAKE STEPS TOWARDS THAT DIRECTION. WE AS AN AGENCY ARE BETTER THAN THIS!!!!!!!!!!! WE MUST COME TOGETHER AS A DEPARTMENT, STOP THE PERSONAL ATTACKS, LISTEN TO ALL MEMBERS REGARDLESS OF LONGEVITY, DECIDE WHAT IT IS WE WANT AND TAKE ACTIONS TOWARDS THIS GOAL. IF WE DONT DO THESE THINGS AND DO THEM NOW, THE MATTER WILL BE TAKEN OUT OF OUR HANDS AND THIS AGENCY WILL BE NO LONGER! HOWEVER IF WE AS A DEPARTMENT ELECT TO CONTINUE ON THE CURRENT PATH, THEN WE HAVE LITTLE HOPE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OFFICER JOE ELLIS