PDA

View Full Version : WE ARE FINALLY #1

09-11-2007, 01:50 AM
congrats to Doug Thomas and the city commission. We are the #1 homeless destination.

http://baynews9.com/content/36/2007/9/1 ... +homeless+ (http://baynews9.com/content/36/2007/9/10/286622.html?title=Lakeland+considered+safe+haven+f or+homeless+)

thanks again for making our city smell like urine and other bodily fluids.

AFOR
09-11-2007, 02:07 AM
This comes just a couple of days after Roger Mallory tells us we can't keep the homeless from standing in intersections begging for money. Why this City just keeps getting more and more respectable. This should bring in the tourists.

09-11-2007, 06:17 AM
LORD MALLORY NEEDS TO READ THE LAW.
AS THE OLD SAYING GOES, YOU CAN BEAT THE RAP BUT YOU CANT BEAT THE RIDE.
HES GOTTEN A LITTLE BIG FOR HIS BRITCHES. HE PICKS AND CHOOSES WHAT HE DOES FOR WORK. MUST BE NICE.
MAYBE I CAN START PICKING WHAT I DO AT WORK, OH AND CAN SOMEONE THROWN IN A DOUG THOMAS LOW INTEREST HOME LOAN.
STAND UP....

AFOR
09-11-2007, 06:21 PM
He is just one more in the growing list of third floor "Do as I say, not as I do" residents. Very few would have as much problem following men who walked the walk instaed of just talking the talk. Problem is the ones talking the talk have never walked the walk. Actually, the main one who seems to be running things can barely walk...literally.

09-12-2007, 12:02 AM
well said afor...
any word on the negotiations yet?

09-14-2007, 12:25 AM
this is a ''shame and staff just thumbing their noses'' at thr troop's i can think of one offiver who recently got the door, and another one coming. WHEN IS HIS FITNESS FOR DUTY?'' this is 2007 not 1937 where is the media? fellow brother's this is an outright crime! they do what ever they want and get away with it and we have our head's in the sand.... wake up you could be next....once your in the x mark's the spot, your gone. but as usual no one care's unless it's them, let's just turn our back's on thr other 2-3-4-5-6-? it could not happen to me, right, you could not be futher from the truth.....this place is like the titanic and were all just enjoying the band. this place makes me ashamed of my self and my profession and my, ''brother,'' officer's.

09-14-2007, 04:10 AM
well wait til someone upstairs needs the heart and lung bill to come to their side.
as for one, he can barely make it to the back lot. he just doesnt want to leave for a few months to have surgery because hes afraid the other two will talk bad about him or get a leg up.
not like they can respond to a call on the way home from work, they dont even wear a radio.
the psa's do work hard. its just a waste to have an officer on the desk at night. we are a little short arent we. why dont we hire more officers? if someone cant do that job well find someone who can.
since ive been here we've never been full staffed.
looks like were dont negotiationg with the city too.....
impasse time...yee haw
time for the pba to earn their money..

09-14-2007, 04:11 AM
I agree brother Truth, hey pour me one of those you're drinking....Must be hitting the spot. LMAO Drunk posting/venting is my favorite too.

09-14-2007, 10:39 AM
Are you aware that the City waived the impact fees for the Light HOuse ministries to build more of their houses downtown? yes that is right. But they can't find the additional monies for our raises or the back pay that they are now refusing us. that was the additional money. The City has always been anti UNION. However it is time for us to get the media involved and reveal all of the mismanagement that is going on. How about the cost of vehicles to the department. The tax payers would be shocked what we spend their tax monies on and the amount of money that could be saved if we were a little more efficient. I bet other business in Lakeland would want some of that business if they could do things cheaper and better. We all know that the city fathers read this forum to see what is happening. WHERE IS THE SURVEY LIKE BARTOW DID? I bet they would be ashamed of what they would find! What happened to the survey that was done in 2005 and the changes that were made about it? ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! GUYS, it is time we stop bashing each other and get your local business friends involved. TO THE MEDIA, start asking around at the workers level and see what you find. Quit reporting only what the administration lets you know about and start publishing the news that the tax payers of Lakeland would really be interested in.

AFOR
09-14-2007, 04:58 PM
Oldtimer, I'm not sure the city fathers or the media reads our posts. I would love to know that they did. If anyone has contacts with the Ledger maybe they could tip them off to the site. As far as the admin goes, we recently completed a patrol inspection. I'm sure they will address the issues it contained just as they addressed the SWOT survey. They had the SWOT survey to pretend they wanted to help. When it came out as bad as it did they claimed to be working on it, and swept it aside. The patrol inspection came up because we are up for an accreditation on-site. Inspections are required for accreditation. Don't expect anything to come of it. Maybe if the Ledger won't get involved we can find a Tampa based media outlet.

09-14-2007, 11:56 PM
THEY PRETEND TO PAY ME. I PRETEND TO WORK.
THE CITY COULD SAVE LOTS OF MONEY IF THEY WOULD RID THE CITY OF HOMELESS PEOPLE. HOW MANY THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS GO TOWARDS OFFICERS IN COURT OVER THE CRIME THESE DRUNKS COMMIT ON A DAILY BASIS.
WE WOULD SAVE MORE MONEY BY OFFERING THEM A BUS TICKET OUT OF TOWN INSTEAD OF AN NTA.
THE CITY OF TAMPA DID IT BEFORE THE LAST SUPER BOWL THEY HOSTED. THATS WHEN THE HOMELESS BOOM STARTED IN LAKELAND.
MAYBE THE CITY WILL BUILD ANOTHER HOMLESS HOTEL. IM SURE THAT THE CITY OF LAKELAND(RODDA) CONSTRUCTION WILL BUILD IT.
LETS TIP OUR 40'S TO THE BEER AND URINE SMELL ON KENTUCY AND TENNESSEE AVE.

09-17-2007, 05:59 AM
the only reason he aint had the surgery yet, is because we have an officer here about to be terminated for the same thing...fair? wake up!

09-17-2007, 06:04 AM
why does'nt someone foward thid to rick rousos at the ledger. i would if i knew how too.