PDA

View Full Version : Corporal Position

09-10-2007, 09:17 PM
Whats the latest on the Cpl. Position, is that still gonna open up or is it pending?

09-12-2007, 01:03 AM
oh, how soon the vultures circle

09-12-2007, 03:29 AM
The vultures are circling, it's a shame, but I don't know anyone qualified enough to take it! I'm sure someone will be found though.

09-12-2007, 11:41 AM
The vultures are circling, it's a shame, but I don't know anyone qualified enough to take it! I'm sure someone will be found though.

Give me a break, dont know anyone qualified enough to take it. How about half the department. And it is not called vultures circling it is called officers motivated to step up.......that is what people do when an opportunity presents itself.

09-13-2007, 04:43 AM
Wow am I disappointed with whoever started this discussion. Has anyone every heard of due process. The situation you guys are talking about can happen to anyone in this little agency. Disciplinary actions always seem to be a joke until they affect you personally. The person that posted this insensitive rumor-mongering should hope they never find themselves in a situation such as this. It?s getting way to easy to get disciplined around here lately and the university doesn?t understand the thousands of little things that we can get dinged for. Don?t open a door for the right person, oral reprimand. Scratch a car, written reprimand. Fail to notify a supervisor about something that isn?t in policy but in hindsight you ?should have known? and get suspended. All of these things are completely independent of one another and hypothetical but progressive discipline doesn?t care. You could be next in line. All I?m saying is please think about things like this before you hope for the worst for someone.

09-13-2007, 11:50 AM
I was not hoping for the worst mind you......and he was not discreet about what was happening either. I was just inquiring on if it was continuing or if it was dropped.

I am all for due process, and I am sure that the outcome will be appropriate in regards to this incident.

09-13-2007, 04:45 PM
I agree lets wait and see. But who got suspended for not telling his supervisor about something?? Who got an oral for not opening a door for someone??? Give me a friggen break! You make it sound like the Inquisition around here!

Ill take our disciplinary process over other agencys IAs any day.

09-13-2007, 06:32 PM
Don't forget about the dropped ice cream cone! You haven't been around enough other agencies to compare this place with anyways.

09-14-2007, 02:18 AM
The an e mous is right, the Police Department falls under the University discipline system, which is in general, set up for custodians, office workers, and all others. It is not right for a Police Department, it is too easy to get a demotion or worse.

The guest whiner mentioned IA's. Well other departments handle in-house, minor violations a lot different. Most are handled informally or the violator is given some retraining. An IA, is more serious then the dropping of the ice cream cone or not notifying a LT of a water leak in a building. An IA, is a more serious violation. A formal citizen complaint for misconduct by an officer, or worse, a crime, or a serious violation of the SOP.

Most of the violations could be handled internally without formal discipline, and they should be, but not at USF, unless you're special or liked by the Admin. You can get into the University's progressive discipline way too easy as a police officer. This should have been changed years ago, period. On most police departments you should have administrators that realize this, and discipline informally on any situation before formal discipline is given out.

This system provides a tool that can be used pretty easily to get rid of unwanted people, and thats why I don't see any future change to the system.

09-14-2007, 02:19 AM
The an e mous is right, the Police Department falls under the University discipline system, which is in general, set up for custodians, office workers, and all others. It is not right for a Police Department, it is too easy to get a demotion or worse.

The guest whiner mentioned IA's. Well other departments handle in-house, minor violations a lot different. Most are handled informally or the violator is given some retraining. An IA, is more serious then the dropping of the ice cream cone or not notifying a LT of a water leak in a building. An IA, is a more serious violation. A formal citizen complaint for misconduct by an officer, or worse, a crime, or a serious violation of the SOP.

Most of the violations could be handled internally without formal discipline, and they should be, but not at USF, unless you're special or liked by the Admin. You can get into the University's progressive discipline way too easy as a police officer. This should have been changed years ago, period. On most police departments you should have administrators that realize this, and discipline informally on any situation before formal discipline is given out.

This system provides a tool that can be used pretty easily to get rid of unwanted people, and thats why I don't see any future change to the system.

09-14-2007, 09:21 AM
I agree lets wait and see. But who got suspended for not telling his supervisor about something?? Who got an oral for not opening a door for someone??? Give me a friggen break! You make it sound like the Inquisition around here!

Ill take our disciplinary process over other agencys IAs any day.

I know for a fact someone got a reprimand for not opening a door.

09-15-2007, 01:07 AM
The discipline system at UP does suck, but the person getting the discipline should have never been in a supervisory postion in the first place. Some of the things that happened, the person brought upon themself. You have to take in effect personality skills and people relation skills, a major part of supervision, and that person didn't have either of those. I am against what is happening to that person, but I knew it would happen would probably happen in someway sooner or later.

09-15-2007, 02:09 AM
I am all for it. This "person" has done nothing but create problem after problem for numerous people throughout the dept. "He" should have never gotten a position like that to begin with.

"He" got what he deserved.

"Names have been changed to protect the innocent."
This is just a general post and not reflected at any person within the dept.
-MY DISCLAIMER-

09-17-2007, 04:10 AM
Wow, the people have spoke. But, I say how could this horrible discipline system still exist for an LEO these days? Is pay raises the only thing the PBA fights for in bargaining, and everything else has gone by the wayside? Why would anyone stay at USF?

09-17-2007, 05:07 AM
Why would anyone stay at USF?

Thats a very good question.

09-17-2007, 11:48 AM
Wow,
You guys are acting like he is the model supervisor. He has had nothing but IA's and problems since he has been in that position. I dont think anyone can say that most if not all of his problems were his fault and justified.

09-21-2007, 02:23 AM
I see that most people are leaveing the USF PD because of low pay, but another reason why people leave their jobs, is becasue of dislike of their boss. Could this be a factor in this situation as I have read?

10-03-2007, 04:26 PM
Whats the latest on the Cpl. Position, is that still gonna open up or is it pending?

It's been filled.

10-03-2007, 05:56 PM
by who !!!!! He isnt even out yet

10-04-2007, 12:23 AM
THATS ASHAME.....HE REALLY NEEDED TO GO !!!! BAD MOVE BY USF.