PDA

View Full Version : Contract

09-08-2007, 07:55 PM
Here at UCF we were getting ready to Picket at the new on-campus stadium due to the impass in contract negotiations with the University. We picketed last year and got a small increase (more than they were offering). We had a few dozen people last year and were looking at 50 people participating this year at the 1st home game with Texas (even though all the officers were mandated to work the game).

The University was offering NOTHING other than the $1,000 dollar bonus that all employees were getting. We asked for a small increase for new officers, a larger increase for officers 3-11 years, and more for 12+ years. We rejected what the University was offering and were ready to picket again with the help of the PBA, family members, and other agencies in the area.

Now the University has agreed to the increases in SALARIES (not "one time bonuses") and some other issues.

You guys have had some great media coverage lately and the overwhelming support of the community. Perhaps it is time to get TOGETHER and plan on some "imformational" picketing? It is the only way to keep the pressure on the admin and keep your plight in the media/public. Pick a good public event (football?) and get the word out there. It can't hurt you and can only help if done right.

Above all you need to stick together as cops and as a unified force to let the public know why they need cops and not "rent a security".

If you need bodies you can get your friends, past officers working at other agencies (and yes, I would come), and others. Make it an event!!!

Just a suggestion and only made with the best wishes for the great officers I know are working at USFPD.

09-09-2007, 02:37 PM
Thanks for the information and it was good hearing from you. I am glad to see that this worked for you. I am not sure what direction we will take at this time we are waiting for USF to come back with a response to our new proposal. We will keep you posted. Todd

09-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Hey just to let you know if you guys informational pickett iI would come down to help you guys just let the old 47 know and have him let all his fellow officers know about it we would assist you guys. All the campus police depts . Need to stick together.

09-11-2007, 01:34 PM
Thanks, we'll keep you posted.