PDA

View Full Version : 35 mile rule

09-08-2007, 01:01 AM
What is the status of this-the rule was repealed, right?

Mod 361
09-08-2007, 05:13 AM
I'm unsure if it was totally repealed, but the agents who were here prior to its implementation won the suit. Those agents have been grand-fathered in, and are being refunded some $$$. As far as the ones who got hired after it, I believe its too late for them.

09-09-2007, 12:04 AM
What does that mean for the new people that want to move?

09-09-2007, 01:16 AM
Nothing stopping anyone from moving. The issue of a take home car gets messy if you reside outside 35 air miles of your assigned office. Outside the limit and you will have to park it or pay for the additional miles.

12-18-2011, 11:13 PM
rumor has it we will be doing away with 35 miles and making it 50.

12-19-2011, 09:58 PM
I go to the office about 4 times a month. With a laptop, wifi, smart phone there is no real reason to go in there. Plenty to do in the field.

12-19-2011, 10:49 PM
I go to the office about 4 times a month. With a laptop, wifi, smart phone there is no real reason to go in there. Plenty to do in the field.
How much of that time do you spend at Wal-Mart?

12-19-2011, 11:10 PM
Actually, I go to cool places like Big Lots, K-Mart, TJMAXX, Marshalls, ACE Hardware/Home Helpers. Never go to Walmart, Target, Lowes, or Home Depot. Too obvious a place to get caught. Sure, they are better, but you are more likely to get caught by one of your supervisors there while you are "searching for underage smokers." Then again, if they are there it usually because they are returning a toilet plunger or something. Make no mistake, supervisors are are just as unaccountable as we are. :devil: The mall is a good place too. Nobody from ABT shops there anymore cuz it is too fricking expensive. Got to sit on Santa's lap TWICE there last week. Merry CHRISTmas !!! Sorry, I meant Merry Holidays, or Happy Kwanzza, or Happy CHANUKKA... or whatever it is you people celebrate!.

12-19-2011, 11:31 PM
How much of that time do you spend at Wal-Mart?

None. I don't shop there.

12-21-2011, 02:11 PM
Actually, I go to cool places like Big Lots, K-Mart, TJMAXX, Marshalls, ACE Hardware/Home Helpers. Never go to Walmart, Target, Lowes, or Home Depot. Too obvious a place to get caught. Sure, they are better, but you are more likely to get caught by one of your supervisors there while you are "searching for underage smokers." Then again, if they are there it usually because they are returning a toilet plunger or something. Make no mistake, supervisors are are just as unaccountable as we are. :devil: The mall is a good place too. Nobody from ABT shops there anymore cuz it is too fricking expensive. Got to sit on Santa's lap TWICE there last week. Merry CHRISTmas !!! Sorry, I meant Merry Holidays, or Happy Kwanzza, or Happy CHANUKKA... or whatever it is you people celebrate!.
Hey, we still get a lunch break and there's a lot of good places at the mall to have lunch. Also, who are "you people"? As for me, I'm having a merry Christmas and they can take all that other politically correct BS and their "Holliday tree" and stick it where the sun don't shine.

12-21-2011, 09:19 PM
Nothing stopping anyone from moving. The issue of a take home car gets messy if you reside outside 35 air miles of your assigned office. Outside the limit and you will have to park it or pay for the additional miles.

Air miles means AS DA CROW FLIES.

12-21-2011, 10:01 PM

Corkie - the post you quoted was from 2007. I understand what air miles are. What was 35 is now 50.

01-21-2012, 03:32 PM
How did I miss the change to 50? I need it to be 75 so I can buy the house my wife wants.

01-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Corkie - the post you quoted was from 2007. I understand what air miles are. What was 35 is now 50.
I've got you "Corkie" hanging MF'er

01-21-2012, 11:12 PM

I've got you "Corkie" hanging MF'er

Since I was born with a silver spoon in my mouth, I'm going to purchase a mansion 135 miles from the district office and have my helo pilot fly me to work every day. :D