PDA

View Full Version : new cars

09-08-2007, 12:28 AM
There are four new cars being purchased for the whole division....is that right?

09-08-2007, 12:50 AM
Not entirely accurate. The budget money is being released at the rate of 1/4 per 1/4. What does that mean? Instead of getting 20 cars at once, you may see 5 a quarter...

09-08-2007, 01:27 AM
Preciate you lending a hand on here. You rock.

09-08-2007, 02:41 AM
sing it sister

09-08-2007, 01:20 PM
Despite MF's best intent the cars get distributed from the Majors on down.

Why should a major with 30,000 miles get a new car while we have more than 22 agents driving cars over 100,000?

That makes no sense and it's bad for morale.

I know we are cops but did anyone read "Animal Farm" by Orwell.

He describes this place to a tee.

09-08-2007, 01:36 PM
I got my new car last go around.

09-08-2007, 01:46 PM
Majors, Lieutenants and Captains should be driving the oldest cars in the fleet. There is only one explanation for a supervisor to have a better vehicle than an agent - VANITY. If the car is good enough for an agent, it's good enough for a supervisor.

The morale boost alone would make this a wothwhile policy.

09-08-2007, 01:52 PM
I agree completely.

Can you imagine the reality slap in the face when a new major gets handed the keys to a 2001 Fd Taurus with 92k miles on it. From day one the new Major would have a better understanding of an agent's position.

Instead the new majors come in at 70+ and get the newest cars. Of course ABT doesn't suck for them.

Then they have the narrow minded idea that everyone should be just as happy as they are.

09-08-2007, 02:06 PM
I'm sure that all the Majors and Captains have done their time in the old cars whether it be here or somewhere else.
I for one have no problem wit the way the cars are assigned and will wait my turn for a new ride.

09-08-2007, 02:09 PM
Hey Grumpy, the Taurus you are talking about is probably nicer than your POV!!!

09-08-2007, 02:11 PM
Wow, which one of the majors logged that response.

So you're telling me that someone who has done time at another agency gets priority over an agent that has been here for 20 years?

My guess is you are one of the transferees that is riding in style.

I don't care about driving around in a rent-a-wreck. I just feel it should be fair.

09-08-2007, 02:38 PM
Could be a LT or Agent too, This board is GREAT!!

09-08-2007, 02:44 PM

So you're telling me that someone who has done time at another agency gets priority over an agent that has been here for 20 years?

I don't care about driving around in a rent-a-wreck. I just feel it should be fair.

I wish I was one of the Majors, unfortunately I drive a marked unit.
Want to trade???

09-08-2007, 03:13 PM
To the "guest" above who says the Taurus is better than Grumpy's POV. If it is, it's only because he makes 38k at ABT.

Grow up. Why do you feel the need to attack the messenger. He isn't saying anything that we don't all agree.

09-08-2007, 03:26 PM
Majors, Lieutenants and Captains should be driving the oldest cars in the fleet. There is only one explanation for a supervisor to have a better vehicle than an agent - VANITY. If the car is good enough for an agent, it's good enough for a supervisor.

The morale boost alone would make this a wothwhile policy.

I agree, but I will still compalin about something!! Thats just my nature!!!

09-08-2007, 03:29 PM

Grumpy,
We have all been here long enough to know that Inspectors like yourself always get the hand me down vehicles. If you did the work of an agent, you would probably get a nicer car!

09-08-2007, 04:06 PM
Rant on. I am a supervisor and I would like to see a new car go to the agent that actually works. If you only need to get from home to the office, you don't need a new ride. If you don't have enough self respect and pride to take ten minutes and dump the fast food bags out of your car or won't take the time to wash the dead bugs off the thing, then you really don't deserve a new car. It is aggravating to walk by a car that has the paint eaten off the front end because the driver was too lazy or didn't care enough to wash it. I look at cars from all over the state every time I go to Pat Thomas LETC. I have noticed old well taken care of cars, and new ones that look like crap. To the folks that take care of and appreciate their free car - good job. To the folks that don't - You should consider yourself lucky that I am not the Director. Rant off.

09-09-2007, 10:02 PM
As long as the state is paying for the gas I will drive whatever they give me.

09-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Rant on. I am a supervisor and I would like to see a new car go to the agent that actually works. If you only need to get from home to the office, you don't need a new ride. If you don't have enough self respect and pride to take ten minutes and dump the fast food bags out of your car or won't take the time to wash the dead bugs off the thing, then you really don't deserve a new car. It is aggravating to walk by a car that has the paint eaten off the front end because the driver was too lazy or didn't care enough to wash it. I look at cars from all over the state every time I go to Pat Thomas LETC. I have noticed old well taken care of cars, and new ones that look like crap. To the folks that take care of and appreciate their free car - good job. To the folks that don't - You should consider yourself lucky that I am not the Director. Rant off.

Good points and I do not disagree with you, but as a proclaimed supervisor your writing could have been more professional. Do not let yourself get to the point of ranting.

09-09-2007, 10:31 PM

Lord, somebody get this whiner a kleenex. Frahar pleeeeaaaasssseee give this one the new jaguar coming in next month. Is it too late for grumpy to pick the color?????? Shoot I bet you are one of the few that wants the Director and the Deputy Director to stop and bring you coffee and donuts every morning while the chief polishes your shoes. Breathe one two three four, wake up, breathe one two three four. :shock:

09-09-2007, 10:38 PM
My poor, misguided friend.
The "rant" reference is a commonly used internet and forum tool designed to let the reader know the subject matter is opinion. Prior to the "net" folks would say "let me get on my soapbox." There is nothing unprofessional in stating facts. I appreciate the career building tip, but it is not needed.

09-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I think Grumpy has faded into the night (I mean afternoon because he doesn't work after dark!)

09-09-2007, 11:52 PM
Night Night Grumpy, the sun is going down so you might want to tuck yourself in!!

09-19-2007, 11:57 PM
Any word on new cars?

09-21-2007, 05:24 AM
Any word on new cars?

The word is only 4 or 5 cars can be ordered each quarter because of the budget crunch. The next cars should be ordered in October, at least two for up north and 2 down south. That's lastest rumor. So take care of your ride, it may have to last several more thousand miles. At least the gas is paid for and any maintenance, that is until that money runs out. It's going to be tough over the next few years.

09-23-2007, 12:03 AM
It wasn't that many years ago when we had to park cars at the office and carpool. Good times. We are headed for much of the same, I fear.

07-07-2013, 08:29 PM
I got mine.

07-07-2013, 09:09 PM
I got mine.
The post immediately before yours was almost SIX years ago. Good for you. Waiting six years for a new car indicates you have a lot of free time. GET TO WORK!!