PDA

View Full Version : ABT new hire

09-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Could someone explain how agents are allocated to offices?

09-08-2007, 12:42 AM
No, not really.
There once was a complex mathmatical formula (a x b + the sum total of c - any odd number = any sum + 6 x 3.14 when the result is less than 284474.01183746) or something like that. I really can't remember since it was only explained outside the "Star Chamber" once and I was too drunk to write it down. Sorry I can't be of more help.
On the other hand, some will tell you positions were allocated to offices based on the number of licensed premises within the jurisdictional boundaries of that office. Some will actually try to get you to believe that one agent = 275 licensed premises. That may have been the goal, but we all know that isn't correct either. If you believe that, we should have 163 agents (not counting supervisors, etc.)
Good luck with your quest - Godspeed.

09-08-2007, 02:58 AM
This response is hysterical...

09-08-2007, 03:50 AM
This response is hysterical...

But true. :shock:

09-08-2007, 04:40 AM
:lol:

09-08-2007, 01:09 PM
Let's see. Sarcastic but true. Cynical yet funny. Can only be one person.

09-09-2007, 12:13 AM
How long is the hiring process? I put my application in serveral months ago and have not heard anything. Do you think they will call soon or will this hiring freeze hurt me?
Just trying to get some info, thanks

09-09-2007, 01:12 AM
The hiring process is relatively quick (sixty days from interview to conditional offer.) If you applied for a specific position several months ago, and did not receive notice of an interview, your options are limited. You could reapply, call Tallahassee and ask what happened or move on. I don't know what happened in your case, but I do know there are considerably more applicants than positions and filing an application does not necessarily lead to an interview. Good Luck.

09-09-2007, 02:54 AM
How long is the hiring process? I put my application in serveral months ago and have not heard anything. Do you think they will call soon or will this hiring freeze hurt me?

For the background portion it all depends on what position you are applying for.

For instance if you are applying to come on as a Lieutenant with no law enforcement experience and all you did was work at Winn Dixie, Publix or DOC, and you got your college degree from a Cracker Jack box, then your background might take 3 to 5 days.

If you are applying to come on as something entry like Special Agent, with 15+ years law enforcement experience, a degree from Harvard, you are an instructor in every high liability, you were voted Officer of The Millenium, you have worked as an investigator and K9 Officer, then your background may take 3 to 5 MONTHS.

Again, it all just depends.

09-27-2007, 06:08 PM

For the background portion it all depends on what position you are applying for.

For instance if you are applying to come on as a Lieutenant with no law enforcement experience and all you did was work at Winn Dixie, Publix or DOC, and you got your college degree from a Cracker Jack box, then your background might take 3 to 5 days.

If you are applying to come on as something entry like Special Agent, with 15+ years law enforcement experience, a degree from Harvard, you are an instructor in every high liability, you were voted Officer of The Millenium, you have worked as an investigator and K9 Officer, then your background may take 3 to 5 MONTHS.

Again, it all just depends.

How true!

09-28-2007, 03:21 AM
However, if you have a masters in education from Harvard you will be promoted to Lt. and then Captain in the record time of less then 2 years from date of hire. Of course additional training in knife sharpening and proper placement in the backs of others is required.

09-28-2007, 04:55 AM
Well it would appear one would apply for a lieutenant instead of an entry level agent. I dont have a degree and figured that one out. So it appears the one with the harvard degree applied for the wrong position. Go figure.

09-28-2007, 05:01 AM
Was Harvard spelled correctly on the degree? Not bashing anyone, but you have to ask why would anyone with a HARVARD degree apply or be working as a entry level ABT inspector? Maybe it took the BG investigator 3 to 5 months to verify.

09-28-2007, 02:28 PM
Was Harvard spelled correctly on the degree? Not bashing anyone, but you have to ask why would anyone with a HARVARD degree apply or be working as a entry level ABT inspector? Maybe it took the BG investigator 3 to 5 months to verify.

i would wonder that myself, why would someone with a so called Harvard degree want an agent postion? Gotta wonder!!! maybe there's something shady there..

09-28-2007, 08:52 PM
will the real slim shady please stand up

09-29-2007, 11:08 AM
Tip for the day: Harvard is spelled with a "v" not a "b." And it is Yale not Yell University.

09-30-2007, 07:09 PM
No no...its like South Hampton Institute of Technology (S.H.I.T.) in the movie Excepted. Habard with a B is located next to Havard its on the north north side of Boston.

09-30-2007, 08:04 PM
No no...its like South Hampton Institute of Technology (S.H.I.T.) in the movie Excepted. Habard with a B is located next to Havard its on the north north side of Boston.

Now you know why it took the background so long. They were looking south of Boston for Habard University.

06-24-2013, 04:14 AM
Needs of the agency. For awhile there Ft. Myers had more people move to the office then where from the area to work it.