PDA

View Full Version : isd

09-06-2007, 10:36 PM
who got the isd spot

09-07-2007, 09:02 PM
Read your email at work, Juliet Alpha.

09-07-2007, 10:32 PM

09-08-2007, 12:53 AM
How come the ISD selection gets the big pd_all? Haven't there been some other "lateral transfers" lately? I guess the management will take responsibility for some decisions, but not others.

I think 409 was actually last.

09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
At least this time they actually had a process, it doesn't happen often. What is the time limit on being upstairs? 15 years?

09-21-2007, 03:09 PM
I know 287 and 290, who the hell are the other puds? Does seniority count for anything in your department??

09-29-2007, 04:10 AM
I know 287 and 290, who the hell are the other puds? Does seniority count for anything in your department??

Competence is generally accepted as being more valuable than longevity. Thanks for asking.

09-29-2007, 02:58 PM
go screw yourself Squid

09-29-2007, 07:27 PM
go screw yourself Squid

Case in point

09-30-2007, 02:22 PM
It is what it is! Nobody gives a fart about ISD anyway. Let them read their paper and stay upstairs.

10-01-2007, 03:49 AM
You're right... ISD sucks!!

Let's investigate our own burglaries, financial crimes and other criminal offenses requiring days upon days of follow up and numerous interviews! I propose that from now on, the road has to investigate and handle every check fraud that comes across our paths!

I, for one, get really pissed every time I come across a complex case that I get to forward upstairs instead of biffing my zone for two and half days investigating it on my own. Who needs 'em? I can trek all over the county dredging up suspects and evidence while still responding to calls for service.

Look, winky the wonder snake, don't knock someone else's job until you do it. Yeah, they spend some time blowing off steam and goofing off. I'm guessing you never 56 with another officer or play solitaire on your in-car, right? You work from the moment you call in service until you go home at the end of shift, right? Because if you don't, then you oughta check your fingers before you start typing about other people's work ethics. On top of that, I don't believe anyone is calling you in the middle of your nighty-night time and asking you to come to work to handle some bull$shit Largo-rape or drug-deal-gone-bad-home-invasion-robbery.

I, for one, am glad ISD is up there to dump all my poo-poo flavored cases on.

Peace out.

10-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Let's investigate our own burglaries, financial crimes and other criminal offenses requiring days upon days of follow up and numerous interviews! I propose that from now on, the road has to investigate and handle every check fraud that comes across our paths!

I, for one, get really pissed every time I come across a complex case that I get to forward upstairs instead of biffing my zone for two and half days investigating it on my own. Who needs 'em? I can trek all over the county dredging up suspects and evidence while still responding to calls for service.

I thought thats what I did anyway.

I know you meant it "tongue in cheek", but seriously, it would be nice to be able to send some cases to ISD, rather than biffing my zone partners with all the follow up I have to do.

I'm sure you fellows in ISD are busy, but the road is way understaffed for the amount of calls AND follow up we are expected to handle. I know it isn't your fault, but us uniform guys bust our humps every day to handle crap so you don't have to.

10-03-2007, 02:38 PM
I agree with you, brother. I'm on the road with you busting it to go call to call! It was definitely tongue in cheek. If you ask any Sgt., even the tough ones, they will tell you that any felony call requiring more than just simple followup can be sent upstairs. The stuff we're supposed to followup on are the domestic batts where the suspect fled the scene before we get there. You know who it is, so you just write up a PC affidavit and make an arrest when you catch up to 'em. Or a burglary with a known suspect - like ALL the "prescription burglaries" we handle. The "victim" (used loosely) knows their buddy stole their xanax and you just have to catch up with them and do a quick interview. Calls like that, where there's a known suspect to at least interview, are the ones we're expected to take care of.

I think in general the road hangs on to way too many calls. Part of the problem is we have a pretty talented group of folks who actually WANT to solve crimes and make arrests. Because of this, people are sometimes reluctant to ship something upstairs if they feel they can figure it out themselves. But trust me, if you do a decent initial investigation and then ship it up to ISD, you'll be fine.

Our investigators actually work very hard. You just don't see any of it, because they do it quietly. If folks actually took a few minutes to talk to them, you'd find they generally have a minimum case load of 15-20+ cases going at any time. They can HAVE that job. I'll stay on the road and shag calls. I was talking to one of the investigators a couple weeks ago, and he was down 17 supplements!!!! And trust me, their supplements are probably longer than our original reports. Tell me the last time anyone on the road was that jammed up.