PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Stops

09-06-2007, 09:54 PM
I love the amount of 10-50's a certain day squad does in 12 hours.

Way to go !!!

09-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Besides the $romotion raises that were given out the past year, and the typical cash $erit bonuses that were quitely given out. As usual patrol didn't get anything.

The 10-50 comments had to come from a rookie? or a Highway Patrolman? Oh, excuse me, I forgot, police work, especially on a campus, is graded on how many traffic stops are done, and if you don't do traffic stops, you are considered lazy and not doing your job....hah

09-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Well you would think in 12 hours 4-5 officers could do more then 1 or 2 traffic stops. But leadership comes from the top. Not a very motivated squad.

And why wouldnt the new supervisors get adequete raises, I think a new Sgt or Cpl should make more then the people he would be supervising. Duh !!!

Jealousy rears and ugly head !!

09-07-2007, 02:25 AM
hah, BS rook

09-07-2007, 05:40 AM
It is. It's all about the traffic stops you fools!

09-07-2007, 01:40 PM
I love the amount of 10-50's a certain day squad does in 12 hours.

Way to go !!!

Another rookie officer who thinks he's saving the world one expired tag at a time. It's not about quantity. I sleep better at night knowing your out there busting all those burned out tag lights. Just worry about yourself, and quit worrying about what other squads are doing. We could care less what your doing, why are you worried about what we do? Maybe if you spent less time doing traffic and more time stopping and interviewing suspicious people, the day shift wouldn't have to spend so much time taking all of the burglary and theft reports that are occurring over night.

09-07-2007, 10:33 PM
Guys,

Remember that you are all on one side here ok? Stop with the critisism of each other and STICK TOGETHER during this time of conflict with princess Judy and her jester Jennifer (the liar).

With the lack of support from the USF admin I am surprised that ANY traffic stops are being done, but at the same time bravo for your professionalism and doing YOUR job.

Be on the look out for admin people posting here posing as your fellow cops too ok? They are on the defensive and I would not put it past them to try and stir up some SH*T to cause divisions.

NOW is the time to stick together, your only strenght is in your unity, remember that. Good luck and God Bless you all...

Semper Fi

09-08-2007, 12:29 AM
Well you would think in 12 hours 4-5 officers could do more then 1 or 2 traffic stops. But leadership comes from the top. Not a very motivated squad.

And why wouldnt the new supervisors get adequete raises, I think a new Sgt or Cpl should make more then the people he would be supervising. Duh !!!

Our stats are no one's business but ours and our Lt. Why concern yourself with us? We don't care what you do on your squad, why do you care what we do on ours? As far as motivation, my squad gets out and runs radar on campus and in the Senior zone on a regular basis. They perform quality stops on a regular basis. We stress quality stops, not quantity. I could care less if you pull over a dozen expired tags or burned out tail lights during your shift. That never impressed me. Unfortunately our days are usually filled with calls that keep us away from doing more traffic enforcement. My officer's stats meet and/or exceed the minimum level of activity I require of them. When I crunch their numbers at their yearly evaluation, they have just as much activity as 95% of the agency. That's how we set up their minimum levels. There will always be those 5% who do nothing but traffic. As a supervisor, I would put a halt to that immediately. We're not FHP. We have other responsibilities. I supervise my officers according to their level of experience and maturity. If any of them required more hands on supervision they would get it. However, I'm fortunate to have officers that don't require micromanagement. If you have a problem with me or my squad, why don't you meet with me in person instead of hiding out in this silly forum. Unit #34

09-08-2007, 01:17 AM

Our stats are no one's business but ours and our Lt. Why concern yourself with us? We don't care what you do on your squad, why do you care what we do on ours? As far as motivation, my squad gets out and runs radar on campus and in the Senior zone on a regular basis. They perform quality stops on a regular basis. We stress quality stops, not quantity. I could care less if you pull over a dozen expired tags or burned out tail lights during your shift. That never impressed me. Unfortunately our days are usually filled with calls that keep us away from doing more traffic enforcement. My officer's stats meet and/or exceed the minimum level of activity I require of them. When I crunch their numbers at their yearly evaluation, they have just as much activity as 95% of the agency. That's how we set up their minimum levels. There will always be those 5% who do nothing but traffic. As a supervisor, I would put a halt to that immediately. We're not FHP. We have other responsibilities. I supervise my officers according to their level of experience and maturity. If any of them required more hands on supervision they would get it. However, I'm fortunate to have officers that don't require micromanagement. If you have a problem with me or my squad, why don't you meet with me in person instead of hiding out in this silly forum. Unit #34

For a silly forum we all know you post on here ALOT !!

09-08-2007, 02:27 PM
After reading this topic, besides the comlaints of low pay there, I can see why people are so willing to leave your agency.

09-08-2007, 05:35 PM
We can blame all of this crap on the The University. I think alot of people here have reached the end of their rope. People are leaving, morale is at its lowest, officers are not happy and we are beginning to strike out against each other now.

This is a time we should stick together.

09-08-2007, 06:43 PM
Quote-"For a silly forum we all know you post on here ALOT !!"

I post when I feel something wrong has been said or done, especially when its unjust and uncalled for. We have enough problems with outside influences, why someone feels it necessary to start something amongst the ranks is ridiculous. Like some of the other posts said, we need to stick together. No more anonymous posts from me. 34.

09-09-2007, 02:48 PM
I second the montion by unit 34. We need to stop trying to instigate problems amongst ourselves and work as a team. And yes the "old 47" is right the USF administration is aware of this website and is monitoring it. 33

09-09-2007, 05:21 PM
Well I hope they are looking at it. I hope they see how pissed off we are.

I agree, some of the posts here are not proper but people are at the breaking point. Officers actually like to work here but how can we support our families when they refuse to provide us with a decnt wage, thats all we are asking for. Look at the money that they can freely throw around this University on B.S. its a slap in the face to all of us.

09-09-2007, 06:36 PM
As the original poster to this topic I want to apologize to my fellow officers for the comment I made. I actually thought it was an innocent observation but I now see otherwise. To the officers on that squad and to all else I am sorry for my initial comments.

I know we are all out here as a team working for the same cause and keeping each other safe, I guess with the recent crap going on and my frustration and lack of morale I lost sight of the big picture.....each other.

My apologies to #34.