PDA

View Full Version : Salaries of all employees not public information

09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
Anyone who is interested in what salary that any of the employees at the various local governmental agencies are being paid can now find out the information at the click of a mouse. The Independent News ( http://www.inweekly.net ) has posted a salary data base that has search capabilities that enables you to search for an individual by name, by job title of by the entire agency. If you want to know what every employee of the Sheriffs Department (Escambia) or the City of Pensacola which includes the Police Department is being paid all you have to do is enter a search for the entire Sheriff’s Department and the entire payroll beginning with the highest paid in descending order to the lowest paid is opened up. If you want to see what all the Lieutenants are paid, just enter a search for Lieutenants at the Sheriff’s Department and that information will open up. It is very user friendly data base. The data base includes salaries paid to those at the BOCC, City of Pensacola, Clerk of Court, Elections, Property Appraiser, Sheriffs Department,
(Escambia only), SRCO (does not include Santa Rosa Sheriffs Dept.), and the Tax Collector. If you made a request for this same information at the Sheriffs Department, you’d get stonewalled and if they did furnish it would charge you an exorbitant amount. The data base link is on the front page of the Independents web site titled “WHO MAKES $ WHAT, County and City Data Base” Kudos to the Independent for publishing the information that the tax paying public have a right to know. We can now see where most of our tax dollars are being spent and who is benefiting from those dollars.

09-06-2007, 12:58 AM
Is this new news? You posted this almost a month ago. Trying to get a little traction? If people made public records requests for salaries and in fact didn't get them that would be criminal. Out of the thousands of public records requests you cooks have made all of them must have been filled or I'm sure you would have gone to the SAO ala Susan Watson. So pipe down, go over to Johnny law/RMFubar/RMpowertrip/RMabusespower/RNN News/votedavidmorgan and cry in your beer. They could use the posts.

The phase has passed. All that's left is an angry (according to the same Independent News), abandoned, broke, candidate with a core of cooky ACLU supporters. In a way, I feel bad for Thelbert.

09-06-2007, 01:16 PM
You may have known about the information but I hadn't seen anything about the salaries of all the employees. The only story I saw in the past was the story that printed the salaries of the deputies. I found it interesting to learn what the salaries are at the other constitutional offices. The Editor of the Independent on a radio talk show said he would be soon publishing the salaries of those who work at Santa Rosa Sheriffs' Dept. You can't deny that from a taxpayers perspective it will interesting to compare those with Escambia.

09-07-2007, 02:53 AM
The link to the salaries has been listed for a couple of weeks. Went to it when the story was 1st published. It's old news.