PDA

View Full Version : off duty or overtime even court time

09-05-2007, 06:12 PM
Can someone please tell me if they have heard anything about us making some sort of money other than our pay. supposedly a meeting was going to be held to talk about these things please any info on this. if none i say we start a collection of twenty dollars . any one who wants to contribute every pay period will be elligible to recieve this once . till the list starts over.

MOD 456
09-05-2007, 06:53 PM
Unfortunately I know about as much as anyone else does I have heard about some type of package that includes OT and limited take home cars but have no idea if this is true or even being asked for. I guess maybe we will know more towmorrow since today was the business council meeting.

09-06-2007, 12:50 AM
sooner or later hopefully sooner they need to do something because if we keep at this rate we will be seing less and less people and the revolving door will stop spining have you heard about the raise in october is that true

MOD 456
09-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Yes, I have heard that we will be getting a raise...the starting is going to about $40k and for those above the starting will be getting a percentage. I dont know how much though.

MOD 456
09-06-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks like another month is gonna go by with nothing changing other than moral getting lower and lower and more people leaving with no one applying....oh well not much we can do but watch as Miccosukee PD's walls continue to crumble! sad sad sad :(

09-08-2007, 07:43 AM
Our raise will be effective Oct 1st. if you are over the new bracket you will get a 2.5% increase (BS i know but thats how Ward designed it). As far as the other incentives go the only thing that is being discussed is take home cars... I believe it will happen but not over night.. We will find out about Chkpnts after the first wed in Nov...

MOD 456
09-08-2007, 03:04 PM
I only have one thing to say...take home cars dont put food on our tables or provide for our families. In my opinion and it is my opinion only OT or off-duties should have been looked at 1st.

09-08-2007, 10:29 PM
Off duties WERE discussed and as a matter of fact stressed to the right people by your supervisors. However, the right people said nothing is overnight, and one thing at a time.

MOD 456
09-09-2007, 12:43 AM
I guess all we can do is sit and wait and hope not to file bankruptcy...

09-09-2007, 01:13 AM
Does every Miccosukee officer have a checkered past and cant get hired anywhere else?

1- No job security Drunken Indian in charge

2- $35,000 a year

3- No O.T or Offduty

4- WACKENHUT TRANSIT OFFICERS IN MIAMI START AT 41000 AND HAVE PLENTY OF OVERTIME.

5- :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

MOD 456
09-09-2007, 01:22 PM
If most Miccosukee Officers had that bad of past's none would be able to move on to other agencies like they have in the past. I think most of us would rather suck it up than be a security guard watching the metro-rail. I know I do...

09-17-2007, 08:30 AM
Then stop whining. You chose your department, live with it and if you depend on overtime to pay your bills then shame on you. I for one would do what is financially best for my family and if that meant working for wackenhut I would if it meant $18000 more a year. but fortunately I retired making $54,000 plus COLA and have moved on to another agency and again I am making more than you. I have been an officer here in South Florida for 26 years. if things are that bad at your Department make a move, as one year at a real agency could double your income.

I am sure you have a few officers with no past that made the mistake of going there, but they saw the light and were able to get hired at other agencies. but I am sure the rest of you are the IA nightmares of other agencies and you couldnt get hired anywhere else and if I am wrong. City of Miami Gardens is still hiring and still has the $12000 hiring bonus if your not afraid to do real police work.

10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
what was the reason that the off duty was stopped; you guys used to work all the FHP gigs? What if you have court? YOu go for free or what?

MOD 456
10-12-2007, 02:04 PM
Chairman got pissed off and he took them away. Court time if it's on a day off most dont go.