PDA

View Full Version : Contract Negotiations Vs. PBSO Merger

09-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Any comments?

09-04-2007, 08:14 PM
Any comments?

We aren't getting anything. PBSO locked into their contract at 27.5 Raise over 3 years. One Law Enforcement agency is better than many. I'm all for a merger.

09-05-2007, 05:59 PM
It's not up to you and me if we want a merger. While it may be a good thing, it is ultimatley up to the City Commission. I for one am not starting over at day one to do the same job. If a merger happens, I will welcome it, but for now, I'm not going anywhere. I guess you could say.....I'm stuck.

09-05-2007, 07:07 PM
It's not up to you and me if we want a merger. While it may be a good thing, it is ultimatley up to the City Commission. I for one am not starting over at day one to do the same job. If a merger happens, I will welcome it, but for now, I'm not going anywhere. I guess you could say.....I'm stuck.

You would not start at day one. Every PBSO merger the Officers come over with all their senority and have the option of keeping their pension. I'm for Royal Palm and I kept my 8 years of senority, took a pay out on my pension and added it to the FRS. I'm doing very good.

09-11-2007, 12:10 AM

You would not start at day one. Every PBSO merger the Officers come over with all their senority and have the option of keeping their pension. I'm for Royal Palm and I kept my 8 years of senority, took a pay out on my pension and added it to the FRS. I'm doing very good.Get out now, you're wasting your valuable time.

09-11-2007, 04:26 AM
Any comments?

We aren't getting anything. PBSO locked into their contract at 27.5 Raise over 3 years. One Law Enforcement agency is better than many. I'm all for a merger.Its a "GRAY" day when certain people handle the contract negotiations with the city. On "GRAY" days, the wheeling and dealing is usually occurring.

09-11-2007, 02:16 PM

You would not start at day one. Every PBSO merger the Officers come over with all their senority and have the option of keeping their pension. I'm for Royal Palm and I kept my 8 years of senority, took a pay out on my pension and added it to the FRS. I'm doing very good.Get out now, you're wasting your valuable time.

What do you mean? I work for PBSO and it's great. I also came over in a meger and it was the best thing that ever happened.

09-14-2007, 12:55 PM

What do you mean? I work for PBSO and it's great. I also came over in a meger and it was the best thing that ever happened.

Contracts get it better than unincorporated areas.

When PBSO takes on a contract, theyre bound by that contract, especially for manpower. If the contract states there will be no less than 15 officers on duty at all times, they will take deputies from unincorporated areas and put them into the contract to insure, no matter what, the manpower is there.

While this often leaves unincorporated areas, which there is no obligation to staff, very short on manpower... the contract is always followed.

Take PBSO's district 4 for example. Southern boundary is Clint Moore rd, northern Boundary is Lantana Rd. Minimum Manpower is 11 deputies. But ive often seen them going out with as low as 8.

Just remember, if you contract PBSO, remember to include an on duty crime scene unit.. otherwise youll be processing all your own 21/41/10 scenes like the rest of PBSO does.

09-14-2007, 01:50 PM

Contracts get it better than unincorporated areas.

When PBSO takes on a contract, theyre bound by that contract, especially for manpower. If the contract states there will be no less than 15 officers on duty at all times, they will take deputies from unincorporated areas and put them into the contract to insure, no matter what, the manpower is there.

While this often leaves unincorporated areas, which there is no obligation to staff, very short on manpower... the contract is always followed.

Take PBSO's district 4 for example. Southern boundary is Clint Moore rd, northern Boundary is Lantana Rd. Minimum Manpower is 11 deputies. But ive often seen them going out with as low as 8.

Just remember, if you contract PBSO, remember to include an on duty crime scene unit.. otherwise youll be processing all your own 21/41/10 scenes like the rest of PBSO does.

Royal palm has their own crime scene, traffic, and detective bureau. Contracts are the best

MOD 481
12-17-2007, 09:07 PM
FROM WHAT IVE BEEN TOLD, DELRAY HAS A CONTRACT IN THE FIRE FOR A 1 YEAR DEAL. THE OFFICERS NEED TO TAKE A LOOK AT IT AND DECIDE IF THIS IS WHAT THEY WANT FOR THE REMAINING 9 MONTHS. I GUESS A VOTE WILL COMMENCE ON THE PROPOSAL?

JUST THINK, THE UNION WILL BE BARGAINING IN 3 MONTHS AGAIN FOR THE UPCOMING 2008 CONTRACT.