PDA

View Full Version : CELL PHONES

09-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Is it just me, why can't this agency just contract a functional cell phone/nextel service???????????????????

09-04-2007, 12:39 PM
It all goes to the lowest bidder. You get what you pay for. Just look at our six figure salaried leadership...

09-04-2007, 05:01 PM
So, when do we get what is being paid for? Those six figure salaries are being paid to many people who are worth no more than minimum wage at best. Guess those tattoos make them works of art.

09-04-2007, 05:27 PM
It is easy to sit back and say that they should be making minimum wage at best. How about manning up and post a solution to what you think is needed for them to earn their 6 figure incomes.

Many are quick to complain but few have the intelligence or fortitude to post a solution. The value of your post is no greater than what you have claimed they are worth until you give us some examples of how to fix a problem that you believe to exist.

Dr's Rx:

Take 2 shots of your favorite spirit
Post solutions to the problems you believe exist
Turn a rediculous statement into a positive discussion

09-04-2007, 08:18 PM
buy a dictionary

09-04-2007, 08:33 PM
You are going to suggest that I buy a dictionary after we have to suffer through Rectum's misspelling disaster? When I only make one mistake in my hasty response?

My apologies kind Guest: RIDICULOUS

(At least you can read my writing)

09-04-2007, 09:42 PM
excellent doctor

09-05-2007, 03:35 AM
Put Sean in charge of the cell phones rather than the cars and us patrol guys will get hand me downs from VNB...don't complain, we have good phones.

ReelsouthernLeo
09-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Lee County and many other jurisdictions don't get the advantage of having issued cell phones. Be thankful that you can push your shiftmates or whoever you want on the agencies tab.

09-09-2007, 04:51 PM
At least when there is this type of posting I can realize one thing. We really don't have it that bad here at the CCSO.

At least we HAVE issue cell's and pretty much everything else you could need.

Which is why I submit this question to all, Why do you think it is that several deputies leave this agency only to return a few weeks or months later?

I'm listening...

09-09-2007, 06:51 PM
Because real police work is hard ?

09-09-2007, 08:57 PM
Now that's funny but oh-so true. By far most of the people who leave here do not return. Those that do are either working on a second retirement because they do not have a life outside of this forsaken place, or like the previous guest said, they found it easier to rack up stats than to perform REAL police work.

As for cell phones we don't need them. Most of you kids probably cannot imagine doing police work, real go out and catch the bad guys police work without computers and cell phones are other gadgets. Sure, they make life and work easier, but in a time of tight budgets those gadgets should be the first to go. Most of us deputies use the cell phones for personal talks and not for business. Supervisors and the Great Command Staff should have their toy phones, but no one else really really needs them.

This is my second post to this site in about the past 6 months if you were wondering. I read it, its good for a chuckle or two from time to time. The more I read however, and the more I gage the reactions of some of the regular blow-hards to some of the other regular blow-hards, the more it becomes very obvious that some of the guests and Retnuh and a few others are more correct and right-on in their assessments than those who seem to shout at the top of thier collective lungs "the CCSO is always right all the time, whether its right or not" crew. Not to point fingers but George, Paradise, the "Dr." and RealSouthernLEO just cannot seem to accept that this agency, good as it might be / is, is SURELY in need of serious change and improvement.

By the way, I have been here about 20 years, and Hunter has been the sheriff the whole time. I don't think he really has any idea anymore as to the real state of this agency, or his deputies. That is a shame.

See you in another six months or so.

09-09-2007, 09:26 PM
itts too bad that so menny think a computer or a pphone or some udther gaget or gizmoo can take the plase of good managmant and truue leedership. they area children and will not likly ever be reeal cops.

i tink its time four a new sheriff. i think its time for a new admministratshun. the top brass in this place hafe done so much damage it will takke a long time to makee things write again.

09-10-2007, 12:14 AM
the technology is a distraction. the cult is the problem.

09-23-2007, 11:23 PM
I was on of the first ones to get the new phone. todate the service is no better than before. the new phone has a longer lasting battery. i still get dropped calls, service not available, and direct connect seems to be more disfunctional then ever. I will say that others, not just our agency issued phones have the same issues. It is the company.

Is there a better company with better service or are they all the same?

10-07-2007, 12:55 PM
Don't us the phones for anything but work related topic's. Big BROTHER is able to listen into your regular phone converations. They treat us like inmates on the jail phones. If you direct conect BIG BROTHER can't listen in. But when you make a regular phone call BIG BROTHER can listen in at any givien time....Watch your a@@ and watch what your saying and who your saying it to on the agency phones.

10-07-2007, 01:37 PM
Mine never works anyway, but thanks for the heads-up.

10-07-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't us the phones for anything but work related topic's. Big BROTHER is able to listen into your regular phone converations. They treat us like inmates on the jail phones. If you direct conect BIG BROTHER can't listen in. But when you make a regular phone call BIG BROTHER can listen in at any givien time....Watch your a@@ and watch what your saying and who your saying it to on the agency phones.

Rx from the Doctor:
Take your meds
Check yourself into DLC
and don't make me come after you with an Exparte Order

Brother you are nuts

10-07-2007, 11:47 PM
You are one paranoid individual. No one can listen in on your phone at will, this is not Mission Impossible. Read some law books on Search and Seizure and the right to privacy.

10-08-2007, 12:26 AM
Just like your ccso issued computer, the cell phone is owned by the ccso therefore they can opt to listen in if they choose too. Same as they can look at your computer anytime to see what you are doing. Since they own the equipment they can do as they please. Your right to privacy on their equipment does not exist.

10-08-2007, 07:52 AM
Just like your ccso issued computer, the cell phone is owned by the ccso therefore they can opt to listen in if they choose too. Same as they can look at your computer anytime to see what you are doing. Since they own the equipment they can do as they please. Your right to privacy on their equipment does not exist.
HAS ANYONE HAD AN ISSUE WITH THIS IN THIS AGENCY AND CAN SAY THIS IS A FACT THAT THEY DO LISTEN IN ON YOUR PHONE CONVERSATIONS?

THIS BIG BROTHER THING IS GETTING OLD! FACT OR FICTION?

10-09-2007, 12:40 AM
OK...The agency does not listen to your cell phone conversations. That would require a title 3 wire intercept order. Anyone who says the agency can or does listen to the cell phones is an idiot and needs to do a little research. The US government cannot even listen to terrorists! Learn what you are writing about before displaying this type of ignorance.

10-09-2007, 12:42 AM
P.S. If the agency had a court order to listen to the cell phone, they could also listen to the direct connect. Both can be intercepted with a court order. One is not any safer than the other.

10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
they may or may not be able to listen to the calls, but they do get all of the statements with all of the numbers and length of calls.

10-09-2007, 09:51 AM
It only requires proper documentation if they opt use it against you - in a case in which it would become public record. What they do is run private "inquiries" that they do not intend to make public record. If they determine that they want you gone, they subsequently find a way to terminate you for another reason. The "inquiry" stays a secret, and they get what they want. It is a very astute political play. If you ever see someone fired around here, and there seems to be gray area in the details - think "inquiry".

10-09-2007, 02:39 PM
Think "witch hunt" or "scapegoat." In twenty plus years I have seen it more times than I have fingers and toes.

10-25-2007, 06:34 PM
The agency pays for your phone service, but the phone is listed to you, they need a court order. If your not doing anything wrong, what are you worried about?

10-26-2007, 06:26 AM
Were not the general public. Once you put on that uniform and drive that green & white your expectation of privacy goes out the window. I have recorded a 10-15’s conversation in the back of my car with my camera without them knowing, which was used in court. Your agency phone is just that, an AGENCY phone. Go ask PRB if they can listen to your conversations on your agency phone. I’m sure you will be surprised of the answer. I’m not saying they listen to everyone’s phone conversation but I’m sure if you’re a person of their interest they do. Look what’s happening with people getting in trouble for their MDT messages. Your district LT now has a real time readout of all your messages.

10-28-2007, 04:47 PM
Were not the general public. Once you put on that uniform and drive that green & white your expectation of privacy goes out the window. I have recorded a 10-15’s conversation in the back of my car with my camera without them knowing, which was used in court. Your agency phone is just that, an AGENCY phone. Go ask PRB if they can listen to your conversations on your agency phone. I’m sure you will be surprised of the answer. I’m not saying they listen to everyone’s phone conversation but I’m sure if you’re a person of their interest they do. Look what’s happening with people getting in trouble for their MDT messages. Your district LT now has a real time readout of all your messages.

I have to agree with you. My A@@ just got hammered to the wall do to the MDT messages. I agree, I said some stupid things to a few friends with the message that we all thought was funny at the time. But its not so funny now. I also agree I should get diciplined for my screw up. But my Punishment was way to harsh for the crime. I will be feeling the brunt of this MDT mistake for the next 6 months with extras. :shock: And all this checking are MDT messages was brought about becuase PRB is investigating RM accident on I-75. Idon't get this Agency sometimes....Instead of trying to bring up moral...They keep kicking us when we are down........ :?:

10-28-2007, 10:19 PM
I hope you are just trying to stir the pot because if you truly believe the agency can "tap" your phone without a court order, you have a poor grasp of your profession. You MDT messages are a completely different matter, and you taping a suspect in your cruiser is a completely separate legal matter. Educate yourself before you make yourself look more ignorant about the law.

10-29-2007, 01:00 AM
You are far too trusting of your administration guest.

10-29-2007, 08:12 AM

I have to agree with you. My A@@ just got hammered to the wall do to the MDT messages. I agree, I said some stupid things to a few friends with the message that we all thought was funny at the time. But its not so funny now. I also agree I should get diciplined for my screw up. But my Punishment was way to harsh for the crime. I will be feeling the brunt of this MDT mistake for the next 6 months with extras. :shock: And all this checking are MDT messages was brought about becuase PRB is investigating RM accident on I-75. Idon't get this Agency sometimes....Instead of trying to bring up moral...They keep kicking us when we are down........ :?:
I agree, Why kick people who do the job, checking mdt messages from car to car. They should worry about bigger and more relavent things!

10-29-2007, 08:17 AM
I hope you are just trying to stir the pot because if you truly believe the agency can "tap" your phone without a court order, you have a poor grasp of your profession. You MDT messages are a completely different matter, and you taping a suspect in your cruiser is a completely separate legal matter. Educate yourself before you make yourself look more ignorant about the law.
I heard "BIG BROTHER" can do anything they want to.

10-29-2007, 10:09 AM
They monitor everything, including this site....that is why I am wearing a tin foil hat while I type this...trying to block prb's mojo...

11-01-2007, 03:30 AM

I have to disagree with you. If you are dealing with the public, yes. It is not your personal phone; it is an AGENCY phone you don’t pay for.
I would call up PRB myself and ask but then they will probably start listening to my phone. You are a sworn officer, your expectation of privacy ends once you step out your front door with that uniform on.

Loopholes! It’s the same reason we don’t get paid OT for the extra 6 hours we work. We are emergency personnel.

I am beginning to think YOU are PRB lulling readers to believe they are safe. Are you listening to my phone? … stir, stir, stir.

And I don’t appreciate you calling me ignorant; TOOL!

11-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Again, Gentlemen....PRB does actively listen to select members cell phone conversations. They do this as part of unofficial "inquiries" which don't go into anything that becomes public record. As such, these conversations can't specifically be used against you; however, they are then better able to verify points of interest that arise. If they find something substantial, but less than criminal, they will find some other way to remove what they believe is a cancer. They generally try and find a way that doesn't leave the agency with a black eye, but disciplines or removes the member under the microscope.

veteranrookie
11-01-2007, 02:09 PM
Again, Gentlemen....PRB does actively listen to select members cell phone conversations. They do this as part of unofficial "inquiries" which don't go into anything that becomes public record. As such, these conversations can't specifically be used against you; however, they are then better able to verify points of interest that arise. If they find something substantial, but less than criminal, they will find some other way to remove what they believe is a cancer. They generally try and find a way that doesn't leave the agency with a black eye, but disciplines or removes the member under the microscope.

I can really only think of one response to this: WTF!?

DevilDogg
11-01-2007, 03:30 PM
I have to agree with you VETROOK. I do have a pretty good idea where it came from though. I'll try to paraphrase...

"They" will listen to your calls if you peak "their" interest. Then "they" will initiate a complaint, filed by "administration", (So as not to identify the guy that took the time to actually listen and find something to hang you with.) and then push it through and find something to jam you up.

After that, the initial reason will be an "Integrity Check" into random phone calls.

That is why I have two phones.

11-02-2007, 12:46 AM
There are some seriously paranoid members here. THEY just recently got the ability to actually create a program to EFFECTIVELY monitor your mdt messages to make sure you're not typing bad stuff. Prior technology on this was poor at best. THEY could not pull up an email lost on outlook express that was of some importance for someone looking for it because they have not the ability. Do you really think THEY can work with sprint and nextel to actually listen to your IN PROGRESS phone calls? Have YOU ever tried to get $hit from the phone company as an official police investigation? It's like getting an enima man! Get a grip people and get back to police work!!! Nevermind the fact that THEY are far too busy on some stupid a$$ complaints from inmates and scumbags to bother with you talking to your girlfriend(s) on your phone while driving around.

11-02-2007, 10:34 AM
I'm sticking with the tin foil hat....those prb guys are sneaky...must block the mojo.

DevilDogg
11-02-2007, 05:01 PM
OK, I made a mistake. I hate to admit when I'm wrong but, in this case I am.

A simple phone call upstairs proved successful. (As I said, they are not going to hang you for asking.)

"They can't listen to your phone calls. "They" don't have the cloning ability. "They" won't jam you up for sometimes making personal phone calls. But YES, they can get easy access to your bill and know who you are talking to. And I say SO F'in WHAT? Don't use it illegally and you'll be fine!

Just keep your S**T straight and don't give "them" a reason to go after your phone. It is one of the many perks I seriously enjoy having at this place and don't want to get it taken away.

11-02-2007, 07:14 PM
i like the free coffee.

11-02-2007, 09:24 PM
Do you actually believe everything "they" tell you? If the answer is yes, then don't bother replying. I know you must be busy writing a letter to Santa Claus, so you can tell him what you want for Christmas.

11-04-2007, 04:50 AM
I really should never have looked at this site again as I promised several months ago, but I was bored and thought it would be humorous to read it a bit, boy was I wrong! What a bunch of spolied children we have become, a free cell phone and people want to complain about it? My wife’s and children’s cell phones don’t work any better or worse then ours, the tecnology just is not perfect. It has nothing to do with the Agency. Every post I have read tonight is a complaint?
The Shop, so what if your car is a bit dirty or it takes a week or two to get it worked on, they will give you another one while you wait, it is not your car to begin with, just a tool that you are assigned.
The Marine Patrol, some of those guys came out and helped us on Halloween night and worked, not just rode around and hid. They took paper and in fact took it from zone units to keep them free for other calls!
43 hour work week, it has been that way since most have started here. A job is kind of like a marriage, don’t come into it expecting it to change. Accept it for what you know it is and any change for the better is just gravy. If you don’t like the facts of the job before the job then don’t take it. It is why I don’t do roofing for a living instead of police work, I don’t like the facts of that job.
Polygraphs, Well I of all people should be upset with them after my recent issue with them, but really in the long run it made no real difference. I still get to do what I like to do, I know the test was wrong because I know what I said was true and as long as I can sleep with the fact that I did nothing wrong I don’t care about the Polygraph test or hold ill will towards those who run them.
I see a lot of people mention the six figure salaries of the Administration. Well if thye did not have a salary that high, do you think our pay would be as high as it is? If admin only got $60,000.00 per year then we would only get $35,000.00 per year. There has to be a difference in pay for the difference in ranks! The higher there pay is the higher our pay can go. Don’t know if you check the local job market latley, but it is not that good and we are on par with many other professions that require much high levels of education (degrees). My wife works at the local university and we make as much, if not more then most of the proffesors there, and again it beats the heck out of roofing for a living.
Spend less time worrying about the Politics of the job, that is what the Administrators get paid to do. Our Job is to but bad people in bad places and I don’t know about some of you, but when I get a real bad guy off the streets I just get a nice warm fuzzy feeling inside.
I have a job I enjoy, pay that is decent, a car to drive and a free cell phone to use as I see fit (within reason) what is all the complaining about?

11-04-2007, 09:09 AM
Perhaps you should check with you wife about some spelling and grammar classes.

11-04-2007, 02:45 PM
'Happy to serve' put into words what the vast majority of us think as we read this site for pure entertainment and watch a few wimpering fools complain about everything that pops into their simple minds.

Time for a new retnuh and new bloggers.

11-04-2007, 06:32 PM
simple minds....i didn't like their music....pick another band please

11-05-2007, 02:14 AM
Happy to serve...you da man!

11-05-2007, 10:53 AM
that's sexist....retract please!