PDA

View Full Version : Divided and conquered!

09-03-2007, 08:35 AM
First and foremost I'd like say that I'm a Corrections Deputy. I have worked for the Broward Sheriff's Office for over 16 yrs. I am proud of my occupation. I'm sure that may come as a surprise to my fellow " Brothers & Sisters" that patrol the streets of Broward County.

I know that my job as a Corrections Deputy.. is an easy target for sarcastic comments, and bud of alot of jokes.. especially when a Corrections Deputy get's out of his personal vehicle in uniform at a Dunkin Donuts.. with enough road deputies to start a command center.
I have to admit it's disheartening to be put down at times by the same people who you call brothers and sisters in your own agency. What's the ole addage " you shouldn't judge others.. unless you've walk a mile in their shoes!".

I understand that there are quite a few more important topic's of conversation on this board especially in regards to Sheriff Ken Jenne and his situation / possible secessor. I am cross certified Corrections / Law Enforcement in the State of Florida. I know your next question.. and yes, I have been field trained and yes, I have worked the "ROAD"! and have received commendations in both fields. I came back to the jail after much soul searching and did what I thought was best for me and my family. My career in Corrections will be my final path in law enforcement.

But I do believe.. I have a clearer perspective and understanding that alot of you in road patrol dont have. By having worked both, I've learned that there are sad excuses for deputies in both corrections and road patrol. We can point fingers from both sides of the fence. The truth is wether you like it or not.. were one and same.

It's truly painful to sit in in-service training or be at the gun range and watch deputies make fools of themselves with the.. "YOU IN THE JAIL.. ME ON THE ROAD!" comments. We all face risks to our lives each day whether in the jail or on the road. I have sustained my share of injuries while working in the jail.

I've broken both hands more than once, I've had a plug bitten out of my arm by an H.I.V. inmate and have had to be tested for H.I.V. for over 10 yrs.. not to mention the stress that my family went through with me during this situation. I've had 3 surgeries 1 for my hand, and 2 for my knee that was blown-out in a 10-94 only to have it blown-out nine months later during another 10-94 with a violent inmate.

Believe me this pails in comparison to some of the other injuries that other deputies have sustained while working the jail. I'm not mentioning this for sympathy. I'm mentioning this simply as an example of what we "JAILERS" have to deal with on a daily basis. I work ONE ON ONE everday! with the same guy that you and S.W.A.T. and the POPPA UNIT and 20 other MARKED UNITS did the day when you brought him in.

I truly believe that alot of you guys have a limited understanding of the work we do. I have alot of respect for my fellow corrections deputies just as you do for the men and women that have responded to your call for 10-94!. If you don't then you should!. I understand your perspective that we JAILERS don't do anything. But the same can be said for you!.

Hey.. if your working in Weston, I can have my own perspective! how many tickets did you write for cow-tipping this month??. Just like there are jails considered to be more of a problem area then others. Just as working in Dist. 5. say.. in " Tatter-Town" would be considered a little different than working in .. Weston.

Wether.. ME jail or YOU road.. we both want to go home to our families at the end of our shifts. This thread was made by me.. not to bash road patrol, but to make an attempt to spot-light an area were we as deputies can try to come together and have a better understanding/respect for each other and what we do. Can the body say that " the arm is better than the foot?".

We all want what's best for this agency and rightfully so. But from administration on down, I believe that we should look in mirror and ask.. what have I done personally to make this agency better?. Maybe a better question would be.. how do I treat my fellow coworkers? and If you have it's sad to say.. but your are in the minority.

09-06-2007, 02:57 PM
Sir, you do realize you are on the posting thread for Brevard County Sheriff's Office, not Broward County. :oops:

09-07-2007, 03:32 AM
yes.. Sir I did, and I corrected my mistake!. I appreciate the concern. I apologize for any inconvience. :wink:

09-29-2007, 02:52 PM
yes.. Sir I did, and I corrected my mistake!. I appreciate the concern. I apologize for any inconvience. :wink:

Ohhh my god what a MORON...
Sorry guys case proven... LMAO.... :lol:

01-19-2008, 10:06 PM

Ohhh my god what a MORON...
Sorry guys case proven... LMAO.... :lol:

He didn't sound like a moron to me. He was well versed and thoughtful, unlike yourself. He made an honest mistake. Why don't we tar and feather him for that!

LEO with another agency

07-18-2008, 02:20 AM
None of you idiots has more than an A.A., and most of you have a GED or H.S. diploma so maybe you should be more careful about who you call a moron. If you had an education, you wouldn't be a cop.

08-17-2008, 02:15 AM
None of you idiots has more than an A.A., and most of you have a GED or H.S. diploma so maybe you should be more careful about who you call a moron. If you had an education, you wouldn't be a cop.

Well, nextime you need help call one of those guys who risk their life for you or your family member you will have a little more respect for them. It is so sad people like you say the things you do but your coward A$$ wouldn't even do half the stuff they risk their life for.

08-17-2008, 11:52 PM
[quote="Shut the **** Up":1taouvgr]None of you idiots has more than an A.A., and most of you have a GED or H.S. diploma so maybe you should be more careful about who you call a moron. If you had an education, you wouldn't be a cop.

Well, nextime you need help call one of those guys who risk their life for you or your family member you will have a little more respect for them. It is so sad people like you say the things you do but your coward A$$ wouldn't even do half the stuff they risk their life for.[/quote:1taouvgr]

While I agree being a cop can be dangerous at times, most cops I see are sitting in their cars in a nice, shady area, usually parked in the 69 position with another cop so they can sit there and talk their shift away. Eating doughnuts is dangerous too..all that cholesterol can lead to a heart attack!

08-18-2008, 01:03 AM
[quote="Wife of LEO":23in0y7o][quote="Shut the **** Up":23in0y7o]None of you idiots has more than an A.A., and most of you have a GED or H.S. diploma so maybe you should be more careful about who you call a moron. If you had an education, you wouldn't be a cop.

Well, nextime you need help call one of those guys who risk their life for you or your family member you will have a little more respect for them. It is so sad people like you say the things you do but your coward A$$ wouldn't even do half the stuff they risk their life for.[/quote:23in0y7o]

While I agree being a cop can be dangerous at times, most cops I see are sitting in their cars in a nice, shady area, usually parked in the 69 position with another cop so they can sit there and talk their shift away. Eating doughnuts is dangerous too..all that cholesterol can lead to a heart attack![/quote:23in0y7o]

There are usually atleast 2 to a zone sometimes more. They can't go and seek calls therefore they sit and wait until they are dispatched and sometimes they ride around & patrol. The one cop you see under a tree might not be the same one you see the nextime. Also, after calls they have to write reports after calls and they can only do that in their car since that is where their computer is. SO why not do it in the shade? Or maybe you would prefer that they do it on overtime at home once they get their shift over.

08-18-2008, 10:22 AM
Yeah, it's a real dangerous job handing out parking tickets and writing reports on some kid that got caught shoplifting at the mall. Try working a real dangerous job as a firefighter, where everytime you're sent to a fire call you may have to run into a burning building while everyone else is running out!

08-18-2008, 11:16 PM
Yeah, it's a real dangerous job handing out parking tickets and writing reports on some kid that got caught shoplifting at the mall. Try working a real dangerous job as a firefighter, where everytime you're sent to a fire call you may have to run into a burning building while everyone else is running out!

Yeah? Say that to my husband that was killed 12 years ago while on duty. Thank you for appreciating all he did and taking away from all the many things that put all officers lives in jeopardy!

08-19-2008, 10:35 AM
[quote="Firefighters RULE!":98i18384]Yeah, it's a real dangerous job handing out parking tickets and writing reports on some kid that got caught shoplifting at the mall. Try working a real dangerous job as a firefighter, where everytime you're sent to a fire call you may have to run into a burning building while everyone else is running out!

Yeah? Say that to my husband that was killed 12 years ago while on duty. Thank you for appreciating all he did and taking away from all the many things that put all officers lives in jeopardy![/quote:98i18384]

Sorry for your loss, but let's face it there are plenty of dangerous jobs out there (construction, fishing, etc.) but only cops seem to have the attitude that they're the only ones who face danger in their workplace. Yeah, we know it can be dangerous handing out speeding tickets cause you can get hit by a car, and yeah, we know that on a very rare occasion someone might pull a gun on you but the odds are no worse for you guys (especially you desk jockeys) than a lot of other people that you'll make it home at night, or in the morning. So stop milking it ya martyrs!

08-19-2008, 05:21 PM
[quote="LEO Family":d9sm4zcb][quote="Firefighters RULE!":d9sm4zcb]Yeah, it's a real dangerous job handing out parking tickets and writing reports on some kid that got caught shoplifting at the mall. Try working a real dangerous job as a firefighter, where everytime you're sent to a fire call you may have to run into a burning building while everyone else is running out!

Yeah? Say that to my husband that was killed 12 years ago while on duty. Thank you for appreciating all he did and taking away from all the many things that put all officers lives in jeopardy![/quote:d9sm4zcb]

Sorry for your loss, but let's face it there are plenty of dangerous jobs out there (construction, fishing, etc.) but only cops seem to have the attitude that they're the only ones who face danger in their workplace. Yeah, we know it can be dangerous handing out speeding tickets cause you can get hit by a car, and yeah, we know that on a very rare occasion someone might pull a gun on you but the odds are no worse for you guys (especially you desk jockeys) than a lot of other people that you'll make it home at night, or in the morning. So stop milking it ya martyrs![/quote:d9sm4zcb]

NO MY HUSBAND WAS SHOT WHILE RESPONDING TO A BURGULARY IN PROGRESS. No one ever said that there weren't jobs out there just as dangerous. I have the most respect for all first responders and dangers they have to face everyday. I am sorry you feel a need to lump all officers into your do nothing bracket.

08-19-2008, 10:15 PM
NO MY HUSBAND WAS SHOT WHILE RESPONDING TO A BURGULARY IN PROGRESS. No one ever said that there weren't jobs out there just as dangerous. I have the most respect for all first responders and dangers they have to face everyday. I am sorry you feel a need to lump all officers into your do nothing bracket.

I don't think anyone was lumping all officers into the do nothing bracket, but I think we've all seen plenty of fat, lazy cops who obviously don't have to keep in fighting trim anymore waddling out of a donut shop with their bellies lopping over their gun belt to go into the office and ride a desk all day long. And these are the guys who usually complain the loudest about getting respect because they "might not come home at the end of their shift". Yeah right...only if they choke on a Twinkie during one of their many break periods! Geez, if all these guys do is ride a desk, I'd think Parker would want to make sure they didn't wear uniforms or display badges so the public wouldn't know how out-of-shape some of the BCSO deputies are getting!

08-21-2008, 04:38 AM
[quote="Wife of LEO Killed While On Duty!":32t3b4rn]

I don't think anyone was lumping all officers into the do nothing bracket, but I think we've all seen plenty of fat, lazy cops who obviously don't have to keep in fighting trim anymore waddling out of a donut shop with their bellies lopping over their gun belt to go into the office and ride a desk all day long. And these are the guys who usually complain the loudest about getting respect because they "might not come home at the end of their shift". Yeah right...only if they choke on a Twinkie during one of their many break periods! Geez, if all these guys do is ride a desk, I'd think Parker would want to make sure they didn't wear uniforms or display badges so the public wouldn't know how out-of-shape some of the BCSO deputies are getting![/quote:32t3b4rn]

Has anyone seen Melbourne PD's motors?

02-23-2009, 11:24 PM
Wow, that was a really weird thread.

02-28-2009, 07:34 PM

I have friends that are firefighters here in this county, and they respond more to drunk calls and the fallen elderly. We all know you guys here in Brevard don't respond to fully engulfed house that often. You ask how do I know, because we respond to those calls as well. Needless to say we don't run in the house with the firehose, however we do run in the house if reasonable to make sure the house is clear. You guys sit at the station and play video games, work out on duty and just respond to calls that may be a fire. I know most of you guys pray it is one. We all have our missions in our job, rather it being a zone unit, traffic unit, SWAT, investigations,and others. About the last statement in the above post. I've never seen a mob running out when you guys arrive. However I've worked many fights at clubs where we had break up a large crowds fighting and several times there were weapons involved. I've been at Domesics trying to help and one party wants to fight you. While sitting under my tree, doing my required paperwork being lazy eating my donut I have to respond to a stupid shoplifter or a barking dog calls. It might be stupid to you but that's what he tax payers want unfortuantly. I would rather be writting you tickets then write reports under a shady tree eating my donut. When you need help from an intruder or your scared, call a firefighter. :cop: