PDA

View Full Version : Have a chance?

08-31-2007, 10:12 PM
Just a question for someone in the know at your agency. I was 1015'd for viol of a temp injunction last year. The charge was dropped. Is there a chance your agency would consider me or should I not waste my time? I have 9 years of LEO experience

09-01-2007, 01:42 AM
You always have a chance and I suggest if what you say is true, go on and apply. I would also suggest that you be honest with your application and have the documentation available to show the results and that the charges were dropped. Overall, this is a good place to work. Sheriff is progressive and we have the best equipment available. 12 hour shifts and plenty of off duty. Starting pay is not the best but experience will probably get you another 10 %. Most years we get a minimum 5% raise. Good luck... Call HR, 407-665-6600....

09-01-2007, 01:43 AM
You always have a chance and I suggest if what you say is true, go on and apply. I would also suggest that you be honest with your application and have the documentation available to show the results and that the charges were dropped. Overall, this is a good place to work. Sheriff is progressive and we have the best equipment available. 12 hour shifts and plenty of off duty. Starting pay is not the best but experience will probably get you another 10 %. Most years we get a minimum 5% raise. Good luck... Call HR, 407-665-6600....

09-03-2007, 06:22 PM
I used to work with SCSO. I can honestly say its one of the best law enforcement agencies to work for in the country. As the previous responder said, the money isn't the best. Overall job satisfaction is second to none. If you hear others complaining its because they never worked anywhere else. Put in you application you will not be disappointed. I left SCSO for family reasons and moved out of state. I cried when I turned in my stuff. If I ever moved back to Florida, SCSO is the only place I would work for.