PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the "me too"?

08-27-2007, 02:09 AM
Let me get this straight. Two firefighters recently retired at 8-9K more than two comparable PO's. I am sure this is due to the better contract they got than us.

The FD held out because unfortunately BJ had to "pay the piper" (DD) for taking care of his boy (BR) along with settling the Motor Law Suit for his motor buddies and getting him a 3rd vehicle (Ford 500). Among several other agreements that DD and BJ took care of on the 4th floor. Have you ever seen a contract that was agreed to on the first offer?

OK. That’s water under the bridge. How about the "me too" clause and how come we have not been brought up to speed with the FD? I thought we were going to get a 1.5% raise to bring us up to par, as well as, increasing the positions on SEVRT.

Maybe if he spent more time doing what we voted for him to do in stead of hanging in Clarks with DD, this would have been settled. Funny how the President socializes with the Chief that the rank and file dislike the most.

Now word is that they are grooming one of their Boys to be the next President. This will be no surprise. Just look for the strings on his back.

Can someone please answer these questions? BJ. Don't bother putting your name. I'll be able to tell its you by all the bad grammar, misspelled words and words that don't exist.

08-27-2007, 03:32 AM
i too have proposed ideas that could better the dept. but have been shot down by the "OLD SCHOOL MENTALITY". sure, i will be there soon but that doesn't mean F--- the newer guys. are these guys scared of change? even if we ALL suffer in the beginning of a changed proposal, it is the future results right?
WHO DO YOU THINK IS BEING GROOMED FOR THE PRESIDENT POSITION?
I THINK SOMEONE WITH AT LEAST 10-15 YEARS ON WOULD MAKE A GOOD PRESIDENT. BEEN AROUND ENOUGH TO SEE AND LEARN THE WAYS, BUT NOT THERE ON HIS WAY OUT TO MAKE DEALS TO BETTER HIS LIMITED TIME.
YES? NO?

08-27-2007, 12:24 PM
You hit the nail on the head with BJ doing DD favors, all DD had to do was keep promoting BR and give BJ a new car with pretty lights. DD even threw him his leftover Ho's I bet.

Just think of what we don't know compared to what we do know.

Please read this quickly, it seems all negative posts involving DD are removed ASAP.

Grow up BJ & DD we all know the evil that lurks in you.

Hope the DD web site starts up soon.

08-28-2007, 05:47 AM
How about less than 15 years on, with a working knowledge of what a real UNION is suppose to be and moving the President's office to the Roll Call room, like maybe in the Motor office. No offense to the Motor guys but if the president was more accessible maybe he would remember he works for US not the 4th floor!!!

Just a thought!

Oh and one more, stop *****ing about DD and the way certain people move up around here----- we should have seen it coming.

Oh and now that I'm on a roll, I thought that BR was a big time UNION guy too????? Hard to believe that he was and quickly took two positions out of the UNION steps!!!!!!

****PEOPLE CAN ONLY WALK ON YOU IF YOU LET THEM*******

08-29-2007, 12:49 AM
bobby J is cool it could be worse and dd who cares its over lets forget about him once in for all.

NORIEGA IS GREAT

HE WILL MAKE THIS DEPARTMENT WHAT IT USED TO BE AWSOME PEOPLE WILL DO ANYTHING FOR HIM BECAUSE HE IS AN EXAMPLE
AND WELL RESPECTED

08-29-2007, 01:24 AM
Don't ever forget DD and how he screwed up this department and how many people he negatively impacted. Don't ever forget DD and how he damaged this deprtment for years to come. Not even CN will be able to overcome some of the damage DD did - he has to deal with some of DD's mistakes on a daily and personal basis since they are on his command staff. Think hard and think smart and give DD the payback he deserves. Do to him what Miami did to T$; it is never too late. Don't let him leave with the last laugh; make him sweat (he is a sissy). BTW, I for one pulled over a vehicle the other night that ran a stop sign, almost causing me to 17 him. His first words to me were "I'm a friend of Chief DD". My last words to him were "you can pay the fine, go to court, or go to traffic school; have a nice night".
:oops:

08-29-2007, 02:03 AM
well said, alamo!

08-29-2007, 03:26 AM
Please do not derail this post. It is not about DD. For a guy that everyone dislikes so much, some people can not let him go. This post is about the blatant favoritism that BJ exercises on a daily basis. And his failure to execute a deal with City Hall for the “Me Too” agreement.

He is in CNs Office everyday and socializes with him whenever he gets a chance. If this was for the good of the order then I would have no problem with it. Unfortunatly its not. Its for BJ's Cronies.

09-03-2007, 12:40 AM
Still waiting.................Is BJ at a conference? Is he aware of the "Me Too" clause?

09-16-2007, 12:58 AM
Just found out why the "me too" has been taking so long. Turns out the BJ thought it was the "me two" and thought it was him and BR that needed to be taken care of.

09-30-2007, 02:49 AM
And the waiting continues............

10-01-2007, 11:38 AM
what ever happened to the me too clause with fire that was going to remove our vehicle take home fee?

If I get in a 17 on my way home im responsible now
I pay
okay remove the take home fee I know some of that money goes to insurance as well as matiance.
I have to pay for more insurance and that was not part of the contract .
Fire just got a deal and we were going to "me too" our take home fees for it and zero out the take home fee what happened to the fee being waived?

10-05-2007, 10:04 PM
Any updates?

I guess since BJ is already locked in on his retirement,i t's not an issue that the FOP (BJ) cares about.

What a weak Executive Board.

10-07-2007, 05:06 AM
what ever happened to the me too clause with fire that was going to remove our vehicle take home fee?

If I get in a 17 on my way home im responsible now
I pay
okay remove the take home fee I know some of that money goes to insurance as well as matiance.
I have to pay for more insurance and that was not part of the contract .
Fire just got a deal and we were going to "me too" our take home fees for it and zero out the take home fee what happened to the fee being waived?

I ask again BOBBY J whats going on with this?
I know you check this site....someone print this out and post it in roll call and a copy to the FOP

10-07-2007, 05:12 AM
Seven days later and still no response.
hello?
i'm paying how much a pay periord for FOP?
multiply that by 300+ officers.............................

:?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :cop:

:devil: its the jerk me dance

10-07-2007, 01:15 PM
Hey have some balls and ask in person. And they will tell you that they are still in the process of getting them to agree that what they gave Fire is equitable "equal to" just in case you don't understand what that means to having our take home fee removed.

10-07-2007, 01:33 PM
Hey have some balls and ask in person. And they will tell you that they are still in the process of getting them to agree that what they gave Fire is equitable "equal to" just in case you don't understand what that means to having our take home fee removed.

I got new for you Pal, you got "balls" to think that's going to bring us up to what the FD is making.

The take home fee is 10% of what we need to get to be even with Fire. That does not seem "equitable" to us.

We have told the FOP (BJ) in person. He don't give a hoot about it. He is locked in.

10-08-2007, 12:20 AM
Oh but you see that is where you fail. BJ is not the "union". One man cannot be the whole organization. There is a whole executive board that you can go to. Put preassure on them too and then they inturn will put preassure on BJ.

10-08-2007, 12:24 AM
Oh but you see that is where you fail. BJ is not the "union". One man cannot be the whole organization. There is a whole executive board that you can go to. Put preassure on them too and then they inturn will put preassure on BJ.

Now that's funny.

10-08-2007, 10:32 AM
hey jokers...........every day we get ignored on this issue and there is no change is another day we are getting screwd here.

thier is no back pay onan issue like this

10-08-2007, 10:13 PM
Hey dumbass! Don't you know that this site is notorious for making things worse. Why don't you go to the FOP meeting on Wednesday and bring up the issue there, where it should be brought up. If you are really that concerned. Otherwise stop talking shit. All it seems like to me is that you are trying to stir the pot.

10-09-2007, 03:26 AM
Hey dumbass! Don't you know that this site is notorious for making things worse. Why don't you go to the FOP meeting on Wednesday and bring up the issue there, where it should be brought up. If you are really that concerned. Otherwise stop talking shizzat. All it seems like to me is that you are trying to stir the pot.

You sound very frustrated in your post. Perhaps you have gone to a few meetings yourself and noticed the ineptness of the Executive Board and their fearless leader.

BJ is first one to hand you up and label you a "Malcontent" to the Chief if you bring up any issues.

So it seems that the only "Dumb Ass" (it’s two separate words Professor) is you my friend.

10-13-2007, 04:35 AM
And the wait continues........................

10-21-2007, 11:00 PM

Thanks BJ for representing the FOP at last weeks Commission Meeting where discussions were held in reference to the "Me too".

Not one member of the FOP was there. The Commission unanimously voted to not comply with the "Me Too" agreement. Including the ones that the FOP endorsed.

Way to go FOP. I am heading to the Station to get a 27 report done on all my dues.

10-22-2007, 10:56 AM

Thanks BJ for representing the FOP at last weeks Commission Meeting where discussions were held in reference to the "Me too".

Not one member of the FOP was there. The Commission unanimously voted to not comply with the "Me Too" agreement. Including the ones that the FOP endorsed.

Way to go FOP. I am heading to the Station to get a 27 report done on all my dues.

iS THIS true?

10-22-2007, 06:43 PM
hey is this true ???????????????????

10-23-2007, 01:11 AM
Why is it that B.J. would respond in the beginning of this forum, but we have not heard from him lately?

Whats wrong Bobby?.......Cats got your tongue?

R E S P O N D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a fraud.

10-25-2007, 12:09 AM
Why is it that B.J. would respond in the beginning of this forum, but we have not heard from him lately?

Whats wrong Bobby?.......Cats got your tongue?

R E S P O N D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You are a fraud.

When you struggle with the English Language, it's hard to respond.

BJ. You can remain anonymous. We will know it's you.

10-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Hey guest relax give a news conference or something, you are going to have a aneurism!!!

10-25-2007, 10:03 PM
Hey guest relax give a news conference or something, you are going to have a aneurism!!!

At least Guest can say that he got something from the FOP..........

What happened with today's top secret meeting? Asked around today and no one seems to know a thing even those that were at the EB meeting.

10-30-2007, 01:17 AM
one month later still no info...... me too clause...
if the take home car fee covers PM and other things ...why do we have to get insurance on the car for off duty?

waive the take home fee if im going to pay for it with private insurance anyway.

???????????????????????????
one month later and still no update on the me too clause
mickey mouse
lol

10-30-2007, 04:47 AM
10k = $384.61 a check. If you retire at 50 and live to be 75, that’s 250,000 not including the COLA and the compounding factor. That 10K is a low ball figure.

The way the city looks at it is, 10K X 385 = $3,850,000 a year. Well, they should have thought of that before they offered Fire their contract. Fire was offered it. Fire ratified it. And the Commission approved it twice. The "me Too' is not a debate. Its a contractual agreement.

The FOP decided to file a Grievance in lieu of a Unfair Labor Practice Law Suit. WTF is up with that? Is that "Balls" sale still going on at Sports Authority?

10-30-2007, 12:33 PM
only the 1st step

10-31-2007, 01:06 AM
Typical lame answer that you would expect from the FOP.

10-31-2007, 01:33 AM
Ok guest if the answer is so lame then I suggest you come to the next FOP meeting, have some balls, stand up, a state what it is EXACTLY that you want the E-BOARD to do. What most of you don't see is that the "union" has been negotiating with the city manager and once again he has tried to pull the wool over the union and the Commissioner's eyes and kept everyone out of the loop. The truth is that what they are looking to get is 1.5% more over the next two years. add more positions to SEVERT and something else. But if you know so much more then please enlighten all of us and lets help this get behind us.

10-31-2007, 01:59 AM
add more positions to SEVRT? whos gonna get the slot no one with less then 13 years on can get weekends off beacuse of that 4th shift and the fact that when a senior officer retires the abolish the slot.

Thank god for CN hes gonna put a stop to that JE moron thinking.

Okay did you know the adv fire fighter retires at about 500 a month more then a PO?
want to know why?
they get credit for all those little schools they go to.

Nice we work harder and get screwed
we will never get ahead beacuse we have a dept of one way pirates looking out for them selves instead of the team.

10-31-2007, 02:16 AM
SEVRT? Are you kidding me? How is that going to bring us up to par with Fire?

I tell you what Pal, Its going to take more than a 1.5% raise and SEVRT spots to be even with Fire.

As far as going to the Union Meeting. No thanks. I have gone to plenty of them to figure out that unless there is an issue that effects BJ or one of his Cronies, you are wasting your time.

10-31-2007, 02:22 AM
add more positions to SEVRT? whos gonna get the slot no one with less then 13 years on can get weekends off beacuse of that 4th shift and the fact that when a senior officer retires the abolish the slot.

Thank god for CN hes gonna put a stop to that JE moron thinking.

Okay did you know the adv fire fighter retires at about 500 a month more then a PO?
want to know why?
they get credit for all those little schools they go to.

Nice we work harder and get screwed
we will never get ahead beacuse we have a dept of one way pirates looking out for them selves instead of the team.

Right on Abel1.

SEVRT? GMAFB

10-31-2007, 09:49 PM
WOW, I would pay good money to see that.

11-14-2007, 04:53 AM
If Elsa and Simon lose, we are screwed.

11-22-2007, 06:11 PM
Guys lets not take our eyes off the ball. This issue is the most important one right now. SHOW ME THE MONEY.

12-11-2007, 04:57 AM
Still waiting............................

12-11-2007, 12:45 PM
It is going to arbitration..................... Show your face at the FOP meeting and ask there, or get with someone that knows something and doesn't go just based on rumors.

12-14-2007, 02:14 AM
I want my Money!

12-14-2007, 02:42 AM
"ME TOO"

01-02-2008, 12:14 AM
Still waiting............................

01-02-2008, 05:43 AM
And why are we still waiting?

01-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Is it true that Fire makes 7K more than us?

01-04-2008, 02:47 AM
Is it true that Fire makes 7K more than us?

Yes.

02-06-2008, 05:40 AM
BTT

03-09-2008, 05:51 AM
Are we still waiting? Anyone no what's going with the me to?

03-21-2008, 01:54 AM
2 years at 9K less than fire = $18,000 dollars.

10 years is 90K

25 Years is $ 225,000

03-21-2008, 03:08 AM
Damn, I want my Me to money after I see those numbers !!!!!!!!!!!!!

03-21-2008, 03:31 AM
didn't FOP say it wasn't going to happen? or still working on it?

03-21-2008, 04:08 AM
The City Manager and Commission knew they had us by the balls when no one from the FOP showed up for the meeting in the city managers conference room last year to discuss a deal.

BJ failed to advise the EB.

03-21-2008, 07:36 AM
Ok everbody take a chill pill There is a fix Tell your team to please negogiate for a pay hike for everybody with a set of initials beside their name. You know if you have an FTO or DRE or Motor or K9 or SWAT or CIT or HNT or any other initial.You will be entitialed to a % to your paycheck. The fire department gets it why not us. Please understand that the City Manager will not give us anything WE MUST TALK TO THE CITY. Why is this fair, because the ones that want to make themselves better will get the better education and keep on applying for schools and addtional training. Ask for and keep bettering yourself and you will be rewarded.

03-21-2008, 02:40 PM
A fireman with one year on will have made $ 225,000 more than a PO on their retirement date when they both retire in 25 years. Then continue at 9K more after retirement. So if they live 25 years after retirement, that would be a difference of half a million dollars that the fireman made more than the PO.

03-21-2008, 02:55 PM
I DO NOT THINK ALL THOSE UNITS ALL GET A PERCENTAGE, ONLY SOME OF THEM. BUT I AGREE THE MORE YOU DO THE MORE YOU SHOULD BE COMPENSATED, WITHIN REASON.

03-21-2008, 03:14 PM
Fire get's incentive pay for things they have to have to be a fireman. It's like giving us 5% for qualifing with our service pistol or driving a police car.

04-14-2008, 01:06 PM
How in the heck is 1.5% going to bring us even with Fire. In order for 1.5% to give us $9000.00, we would have to have a base salary of about $800,000 Dollars.

04-15-2008, 10:04 AM
The only problem with the % for certifications is that then you will have Senior Sergents and Officers wanting to be on SWAT, K9, MOTORS, AIU, BTO, DRE,CIT, HNT. JUst like they do for SEVRT. And we all know that SEVRT is a joke all it does is that its a senior group that shows up and does nothing "10 on detail" but do nothing but stand around only about 2-3 of them actually answer calls.

04-17-2008, 08:20 AM
How in the heck is 1.5% going to bring us even with Fire. In order for 1.5% to give us $9000.00, we would have to have a base salary of about $800,000 Dollars.

I was thinking the same thing?????????????

06-27-2008, 02:21 PM
Funny how no one is talking about this anymore.

06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
There are more pressing issues

06-27-2008, 06:47 PM
There are more pressing issues

You obviously are locked in on your pension and don't give a SHEET about the rest of us. 10 to 12 K more a year is "more pressing" to the silent majority.

You probably are on SEVERT and are also locked in and are too greedy to move over and let someone else pad their pension just like your one way ass did.

Happy July 4th.

06-28-2008, 07:34 PM
PAST PRACTICE PAST PRACTICE PAST PRACTICE