PDA

View Full Version : Oops

08-25-2007, 12:38 PM
Speeding cop

As I was going to work Tuesday morning, Aug. 21, on I-110 at 6:03 a.m., a Santa Rosa County sheriff's cruiser passed me like I was sitting still.

I was doing 55 mph, so being the good citizen that I am and interested in where the crime was in Escambia County that would cause him to travel at this high rate of speed, I sped up to 65 mph to follow him.

Alas, I could not maintain the speed he was doing. Maybe it was a call in Gulf Breeze that required him to not use his blue lights, or maybe he felt exempt from the posted speed limit most of the citizens traveling I-110 maintain.

— Gary W. Dravenstatt Pace

08-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Where is the speed limit 55 mh on I110? I know that some areas are 40 mph due to construction, but the rest are 70 mph. Who knows, maybe he had to take a dump. I have had to run code several times for a head call.

08-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Gary

I can't say why they would have been driving so fast, however I can say that it could have been one of many reasons. If it was not then shame on him/her and one day it will catch up to 'em. I will say that sine you are a pace citizen then you should be organizing your friends and neighbors to start visiting the county commissioners before all the deputies in Santa Rosa county are gone to greener pastors. I have always said that it's not always greener, but right now it most defiantly is......