PDA

View Full Version : Sheriff John Davenport to retire

News Flash
08-24-2007, 06:52 PM
Sheriff John Davenport to retire

Chief Deputy Bill Cameron announces candidacy for sheriff in 2008
CHARLOTTE COUNTY – Charlotte County Sheriff John Davenport today announced he will retire at the end of his term after 31 years in local law enforcement. At the same time, Chief Deputy Bill Cameron announced he will seek the office of sheriff in 2008.

“It was a difficult decision not to seek re-election, particularly with all the support I have received, both within the agency and in the community to run for re-election once again,” Davenport said in a press release.

Davenport said he was leaving while he was still young and healthy enough to enjoy retirement.

“Life is much too short and unpredictable, and although I have totally enjoyed my career and enjoyed serving as the sheriff of this great community, the time has come to move on. I want to thank everyone who has supported me over my career,” he said.

Davenport made it clear that he was supporting Cameron in his candidacy for sheriff.

“Having such a competent and proven leader as Bill Cameron to take over the reins has made the decision to retire at this time a bit easier to do,” Davenport said.
Source (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070824/BREAKING03/70824024/-1/BLOG21)

08-24-2007, 09:14 PM
Now lets make sure that Worch does not get elected here.

08-26-2007, 12:31 PM
I'm not from CCSO and have never been to Charlotte County, but from what I've heard, I pray you guys don't get Worch back!!!!!! The guy has some serious issues!!!! If he can't run his own family, then how the hell can he run a sheriff's department!!!!! Worch's kid is (or was) classified as a "serious habitual offender" (SHOCAP kid). All the SHOCAP kids come from f*cked-up homes where the parents don't give a sh*t. I've NEVER seen a SHOCAP kid that had normal parents -- and Worch ain't any different from the other SHOCAP parents!

I'm praying for you guys! :cry:

08-29-2007, 04:20 PM
Perhaps the CCSO isn't a perfect place to work, but if you guys don't start talking to the community in your personal lives and letting the "voters" know that Worch, Favarra, Penland and Dudding are a HUGE step back from even where it has come from the Clements/appointment process, all the political door knocking Worch is doing could be a problem. I would hope looking at Worch in his polyester suit and his terrible posture would make people think twice, but Favarra is as unhealthy looking as it gets and he got some votes the last election. The good ole' boys need to be sent packing permanently.

08-29-2007, 10:12 PM
Thats about the truth. Icant stand any those people. Dudding was a joke when he worked here before, and proved himself to be a big trouble maker when he left. Favara, well what can I say? He has as much sense as a box of rocks. Penlund, who is he? Not much there. Worch reminds me of that vulture that follows you around in the desert, just waiting for you to die. Not strong enough to do it himself. He just looks like a sniveling weasel. How can you trust that?

10-27-2007, 11:52 PM
he is staying now

02-27-2008, 09:15 PM
ya Dudding is a Worch man He sued Worch fools. Was he not the one who got clement? he did not kiss their ass or tuck his tail and run as you people do. He stood up to them Atleast he had the nads to do it.
Ya right he will be back think not he collects 3 retirements why would he
Favara won't be back he already makes more retired on disability than he did working.

Penland yep he will

CT yep he will and he should. How soon we forget what a good cop he was
alot better than the winers on here

Worch for Sheriff

02-27-2008, 10:33 PM
Learn how to spell and use grammar!!!

02-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Lewis Williams for sheriff

thats who needs to be sheriff

02-29-2008, 12:00 AM
HTTP://WWW.JIM4SHERIFF.COM

02-29-2008, 06:46 PM
HTTP://WWW.JIM4SHERIFF.COM

HE LOOKS LIKE A GREAT OPTION! GREAT BIO AS WELL!

03-01-2008, 02:42 AM
I love it when people answer their own posts

03-15-2008, 09:56 PM
Carey is not sharp enough and out of the loop it has to be Worch to save this place from more trouble.