PDA

View Full Version : Major PR's Specialized Unit

08-23-2007, 03:01 PM
To all you old-timer ABT agents that are complaining about Major PR selecting "new" agents to be on the JTTF and the new proposed task force:

Are you serious?

I will put money on AGENT MF to do a more thorough search than just about anyone else out there. He doesn't just try to get a "point" he actually looks for violations. Look at his track record. In the brief time he has been here he has done more admin cases and seized more vehicles than anyone else.

Next, just because he has only been here for a year, don't think he is new to Law Enforcement. He has the depth and breadth of knowledge that makes him ideal for that position. And unlike some, he doesn't brag and is always willing to help out.

The "new" crew of guys that seem to be PR's favorites, are his favorites for a reason. He knows they can do the work based on their past experience.

Sorry if it pisses you off that these guys have 20+ years of serious law enforcement work but only 1 year of ABT work.

Ok, while I am on my soap box, let's get rid of some of the majors but PR is the real deal. He came up from the ranks and still has more zeal for the job than most 20 year olds. He is full of piss and vinegar and it's fun to work around him.

Please let me hear you running your suck about these guys in the office. I will punk you out and make you look stupid.

And "No, I am not (the) AGENT or anyone one of those guys on the unit"

08-23-2007, 04:47 PM
I agree, I have seen both of them at work and am impressed with the quality of their work product. I only hope that their work ethic spreads throughout our agency!!

08-23-2007, 06:10 PM
Gatorbait - I sont diagree - I had opportunities back in the day to get on those untis and took them - I learned a lot from that experience - I think they do a good job, but I also think that until you put some of the young buck agents on those task forces, they will never have the same experience. Practically nobody at ABT is orignal ABT anymore - all the agents getting hired today come from police departments - we are all very qualified to do the work - but you said it yourself, it is not ABT's Task Force, it is Major PR's Task Force - I dont work down there but I would have to say until it becomes an ABT thing, nobody is going to be behind it but PR and the agents lucky enough to get on that task force. Until then, I guess the rest of us can work minors and do inspections to make up for all the work not getting done now that this Fisten guy is gone.

08-23-2007, 06:15 PM
No wonder all the young guys who are here want to quit - put all the people with 20 plus years on the job on the task force - oh the 1500 a month in overtime might be a little sticking point for us young guys - no KPI's - only report to the major - never come to the office - yeah, great job indeed. The extra 20k a year in salary might piss some of the young guys off - no wonder we have such a high turnover rate!

08-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Your make valid points.

1. If new agents never get onto these units they won't ever get the experience.

2. Also, the pay here is very low with no hope of improvement. I also agree that the OT may be a sticking point for the agents that have no chance for that unit.

My suggestions would be:

1. Major PR should put older qualified agents on the unit at first so the unit can hit the ground running and have some success. After the first year filter in some of the young bucks so they can learn too. Also maybe consider having some of the young bucks be "alternates" or part time so they can learn.

2. While OT is great they will be busting their butt to earn it. I'm not sure how the situation around the state but agents in South Florida are able to earn 40-45 bucks an hour working construction details. An eager beaver could suck up some details and make more with a lot less work...

08-23-2007, 07:00 PM
I heard that some of the other district offices are putting agents on task forces as well. Unfornuately we will never make everyone happy. I agree we do need to mentor our unexperienced agents and we can start with providing them specialized training in investigations etc. and bring them up to the level they need to be effective. This along with hands on training will enhance their skills and abilities. We also work with numerous law enforcement agencies in our areas and we should take those opportunities to have our newer agents pair up with the locals and work undercover etc. Lets not forget that everyone is not made to work undercover or has the ability to complete the massive paperwork that is required when assigned to a task force. With this in mind, I'm sure that upper mgt. considers this when they assign agents to special operations.

08-23-2007, 07:13 PM
True they can make the money - does not go into the pension like the ot the task force people are getting - I have friends who work part time on some other task forces down there and they got shut down when their people approached the higher ups to get them full time like Jttf - why is Jttf the end all of the task forces? Lets get on some ICE, DEA or HIDTA untis where abt can make money - by the way, Operational security would dictate removing the agents names who are on these task forces - as you say, other people read these posts too - MOD 361 - please take the agents name out and replace it with agent - we all know who we are talkiing about without naming names

08-23-2007, 08:41 PM
I heard that there are several agents assigned to HIDTA in the NE District.

Mod 361
08-23-2007, 09:15 PM
All of you bring very valid points, and I agree with all of them. Hopefully, the new admin will bring a better sense of what we should be doing within the agency. Task forces, even part time, would be a welcome addition to the agents. Perhaps the new admin will also understand the earnings potentials of these collaberations.

Also, in response to a posting authored by "True", I edited a couple of the postings to remove the names of the Major and one of his task force agents. I did this due to his acute observation regarding operational security.

Thanks for all of your participation in this forum, and please keep posting...we have gotten some really good ideas to be shared through this. 8)

nunurbiz
08-24-2007, 05:53 AM
Just a note, one of the JTTF agents has years of experiance, the other is 26 yrs old, 2 years experiance. If agents want task force experiance, its not going to happen by sitting at your desk and waiting for a task force officer to knock on your door. Go out work with other agencies, bring something to the table, the more you work with other agencies like MIU in Orlando, the JTTF, DEA, OCDETF's all over the state, they will filter you in and eventually request you to be assigned. As for the overtime on the JTTF I hear it doesnt cover a fraction of the hours the agents are working, by the way it has a 12000 a year cap just for your clarification. So remember before you request assignment to a task force, gain some experiance in other areas such as surviellance techniques, report writing, drug investigations, OC investigations. Task Forces are no walk in the park. And as for the JTTF, the task force agent that some of you bad mouthed, brought the JTTF to the table for all of ABT. He facilitated our agents to the Miami, TAMPA, and Jacksonville JTTF, and is now asking for agents form Orlando, Tallahassee and Ft. Myers. You should be thankful for Major PR and Agent MF for bring new an inovative investigative ideas to this agency. With the help of Drago, units like this one and other thats are under consideration will prosper in ABT.

08-24-2007, 11:48 PM
Wow - nunurbiz - bucking for a JTTF spot - get real. Check into the agents assigned and what they did previously - you will be suprised. The task forces you mentioned have requested agents from ABT - some by name - they were shot down because of lack of manpower, yet they get shot down and another agent is now getting sent to the JTTF. This agency does not select based on experience - just butt kissing like you are doing right now. As for him bringing JTTF here, he didnt do that. They have been asking ABT for agents since 2001. It took some friends to come on to get sent. If they are so great, they should detach all the other agents in South Florida to the task forces they have been offered instead of blowing off the other agencies, even the feds, who have requested them by name as well. Get your facts straight before bringing BS to this message board.

08-25-2007, 12:05 AM
I'm sure that the Task Forces have requested you and your friends by name. They have always wanted some slug or oxygen thief on board to take up space!!
Get real, you wouldn't make a pimple on the current task force agent's *ss!!!
You probably write great one paragraph reports and misspell everything!!
And you wonder why you were passed up??
LPI's are as good as it gets for you slacker!!!
PS: sign up a few more IA's and lets run those kids!!!

nunurbiz
08-25-2007, 05:33 AM
First your facts are all screwed up thats why you cant get on a task force. The JTTF first request for ABT came in October 2006....in 2001 you were still in the academy how would you know what the JTTF asked for. Second, no one is kissing anyone's ass....people are just trying to work. People like you that *****, ***** *****, really need to move on...apply to another agency, it will only be your 4th or 5th agency in 5 years. As for the people that got shot down in South Fla. It was only one agent that was shot down, that was because he was misrepresenting his status on the task force, the cases he was presenting, and could not show a clear connection on anything he was working and ABT. The facts man just the facts.....Damn, be a man, stop bashing hard working agents, and leave because someone who bashes and hates so many agents we wouldnt want for back up anyway.

08-25-2007, 12:36 PM
Boy this sight is great because it really shows what a two bit outfit Beverage really is and always will be. It was the best when it was only an agency that worked it's intended goal of beverage laws and rules. Just remember that these wonder boys on task forces come and go with the changing admin. Like ole Frank Sinatra said your riding high in April shot down in May. The truest thing I ever heard is remember who you pissed off today because eventually you have to go back.

08-25-2007, 01:26 PM
Well - I heard some people were on hear dishing out stupid remarks, so I thought I would join in and add this - some people like posting as if they were other people so I thought I would respond to this website although it is in my better judgment. I was one of the agents in South Florida turned down for being detached - the cases were not misrepresented in any way, they did apply to ABT - there was a lack of manpower according to the Major and that is why I did not get detached. If that is not true, then the command staff lied to me and if they did that, thats on them, not me.

I did a great job when assisting that task force - obviously since they wanted me to be detached to them - and since you were not there, how would you know different? ESP or just being stupid and bashing other agents? I have no idea who you are, but you know who I am from this post - please feel free to discuss it with me anytime - I'll fill you in.

As for all the other bashing going on on this website, I would say who cares where any of those other agents are? Enough accusations have been thrown around on here and at work - I think it is about time to move on with your lives - congrats to the task force guys, they do a good job - one day some others might get the chance, but as Mike Lowry said, "come on y'all, give it a rest." There are bigger things to talk about at ABT - like money, retirement, insurance being high, equipment problems - lets bring some focus onto things we can do something about rather than wasting our time on petty garbage.

Thats all I have to say - I hope the person acting like they are me on here would give it up - put your name or post so we know who you are - you said to man up, I did.

Stay safe out there

nunurbiz
08-25-2007, 01:50 PM
NOW YOUR TALKING, EXACTLY LETS FOCUS ON HE ISSUES AFFECTING THE AGENTS,I AGREE BASHING EACH OTHER IS GETTING US NO WHERE, THOSE OF YOU WHO ARE FOCUSED ON WHAT OTHER AGENTS ARE DOING OR WHERE THEY ARE ASSIGNED, SHOULD FOCUS ON WHAT WOULD HELP AGENTS DO THERE JOB...

08-27-2007, 05:40 PM
I have been with A.B.&T. for almost 18 years and although I haven't worked for Major P.R. I have appreciated hearing about someone actually doing some real police work. Believe me he has been no fair haired boy in this agency, from what I have heard he has had to fight for everything he has been allowed to work. Who is holding anyone back, I have had many opportunities to work with other agencies but thats not my bag. We need to quit crying about what everyone else is doing and go out and create a niche for yourself. Th sad truth is most of you would rather ***** and cut down people like P.R. instead of trying to find a way of doing what he is doing. As far as M.F. goes, wasen't he the agent of the year his first year here, didn't he have some ungodly number of arrests and admin. cases, do most of you really want to work that hard, remember you may get what you wish for and that may mean no more afternoon trips to the Dairy Queen and forget your weekends and nights, do you really want to work 200 plus hours a pay period. My guess is most of you on your best couldnt carry M.F.'s lunch. As far as the new Majors go, what are we afraid of, new ideas, better ways of doing things, inovative approaches, new blood, or would you really rather have more of the same. I don't know about you but I welcome their help, that same old ham sandwich is getting a little old. I have heard the Major in Jacks is actually holding people accountable and making them work other than playing the numbers game with minors arrests. But of course lets run him off because god forbid someone has to actually earn their paycheck and put in 6 hours a day. Many have left this agency only to wish they could come back realizing this aint so bad after all.

09-08-2007, 12:40 AM
I agree. There is too much annonymity on this board. Also some people try to sound like others.

09-08-2007, 12:57 AM
I agree. There is too much annonymity on this board. Also some people try to sound like others.

If you are such an advocate for annonymity, sign your own name you coward.

09-09-2007, 12:02 PM
Good job. :shock:

10-07-2007, 10:55 PM
Your make valid points.

2. Also, the pay here is very low with no hope of improvement. I also agree that the OT may be a sticking point for the agents that have no chance for that unit.

My suggestions would be:

1. Major PR should put older qualified agents on the unit at first so the unit can hit the ground running and have some success. After the first year filter in some of the young bucks so they can learn too. Also maybe consider having some of the young bucks be "alternates" or part time so they can learn.

2. While OT is great they will be busting their butt to earn it. I'm not sure how the situation around the state but agents in South Florida are able to earn 40-45 bucks an hour working construction details. An eager beaver could suck up some details and make more with a lot less work...

He better hurry up. Whith this new Director, his days are numbered.

10-07-2007, 11:17 PM
Your make valid points.

My suggestions would be:

He better hurry up. Whith this new Director, his days are numbered.

PR aint worried about her or nobody else. He just said the other day she aint the brightess bulb in the pack and she aint smart enough to get him.

10-07-2007, 11:51 PM
PR aint worried about her or nobody else. He just said the other day she aint the brightess bulb in the pack and she aint smart enough to get him.[/quote]
I seriously doubt that !!
PR would never make a coment like that!! Nice Try Gomer!!
Keep Pluging away!!

10-27-2007, 07:11 PM
To all you old-timer ABT agents that are complaining about Major PR selecting "new" agents to be on the JTTF and the new proposed task force:

Are you serious?

I will put money on AGENT MF to do a more thorough search than just about anyone else out there. He doesn't just try to get a "point" he actually looks for violations. Look at his track record. In the brief time he has been here he has done more admin cases and seized more vehicles than anyone else.

Next, just because he has only been here for a year, don't think he is new to Law Enforcement. He has the depth and breadth of knowledge that makes him ideal for that position. And unlike some, he doesn't brag and is always willing to help out.

The "new" crew of guys that seem to be PR's favorites, are his favorites for a reason. He knows they can do the work based on their past experience.

Sorry if it pisses you off that these guys have 20+ years of serious law enforcement work but only 1 year of ABT work.

Ok, while I am on my soap box, let's get rid of some of the majors but PR is the real deal. He came up from the ranks and still has more zeal for the job than most 20 year olds. He is full of piss and vinegar and it's fun to work around him.

Please let me hear you running your suck about these guys in the office. I will punk you out and make you look stupid.

And "No, I am not (the) AGENT or anyone one of those guys on the unit"

Yeah...right...keep on kissing ass..

11-12-2007, 06:34 PM
Yall sure got PR in check! Thank you!

08-01-2008, 03:54 AM
Pat R. is the best Major in all of ABT with the Sgt. Major running second. That other jackass is shit.