PDA

View Full Version : New Budget Proposal

08-21-2007, 01:32 AM
OK, so I have a new budget proposal. After being in basic beverage class today and truly see first hand how wastful the training section is. I have been with DABT for some time and cant believe the waste. The incompentency displayed by Lt. Kreitlow is like nothing I have seen before. Where the heXX did we get this joke from.

Lets not even go with the inservice training class I was in last year and the safety breaches we had on the range. I am in more fear going back to the range this year then I have working in bars.

08-21-2007, 01:49 AM
You bring up an interesting point but don't stop there. You could do away with the whole central office and not adversly impact field operations. Put all those positions in the field and get to work. While were are planning the future, lets dump out licensing and auditing too.

08-21-2007, 01:51 AM
What the hell are you talking about??
The guy only facilitated the instructors and was nice to everyone!!
You need to get a life and leave this agency.

08-21-2007, 02:24 AM
Well I guess it is hard for Lt. Kreitlow to teach basic beverage school when he has never done an inspection, never gone through FTO and has never been a field agent. Must be nice to sit in his office at TCO - get paid more than everyone else and then pretend like he gives a c*() about the agents - he may be a nice guy and all, but how do you train people when you have NEVER done the stuff yourself? I feel sorry for all of you in the school up there...

08-21-2007, 02:54 AM
Nice guys arent what we need. We need someone who is knowledable and knows what they are doing. Why are we paying someone lieutenants salary to facilitate training. Shouldnt they being doing the training. Otherwise, we can have an admin person facilitate the training.... HELLO

nunurbiz
08-21-2007, 03:06 AM
You really need to get a life, he did nothing wrong today, if your so disgruntled there are 3 thousand other LEO jobs in the state, but you probably applied to all of them by now thats why you are still here...

Mod 361
08-21-2007, 03:07 AM
I can't really say much negative about Lt. Kreitlow, other than the fact that he's never been an agent, but he does try. If he has questions, he seeks answers. He will ask for input from the agents, and is rather open to ideas, so I will back him on that.

Basic Beverage has been a joke for some time now, all because of this rediculous LicenseEase. The whole course is centered around it, and it's stupid. They should be covering a myriad of subjects: close-range tactics (with/without a gun), narcotics, prostitution, REAL report writing for these cases in the event they go to court, gambling, surveillance/tailing, use of CI's, writing/serving warrants, and all associated paperwork required for a case.

More hands-on training is necessary. Basic beverage should be similar to what FDLE does in SA school, or what the Feds call CI school. The course should be aimed at teaching criminal investigations, not "This is the proper way to enter an inspection..."

Perhaps the new administration will help make it better, at least for a while. Seven years has taught me alot: Every time a new director comes in, things change. Sometimes better, and obviously, sometimes worse.

Stay safe, and enjoy your nap time in class. 8)

08-21-2007, 12:34 PM
I am sure there are a lot of questions being asked, since the man doesn't even know his job. :shock:

08-21-2007, 08:20 PM
The training this morning was great!! The guys from down south have the right idea about what we should be doing. That type of investigative work is something I welcome to this agency and wish I could do in my area. I only hope that with a new Director we can continue in that direction. Sure beats the hell out of a bunch of LPI's and running kids!!!

08-21-2007, 08:38 PM
I agree, I only hope that we can start that Homeland Security Unit that they spoke about. I think we could gain alot of respect from outside agencies. That cabin in the woods lady was a little to much me this afternoon!!!

08-21-2007, 11:31 PM
It sounds like some people don't need basic beverage, It seems to me they have all of the answers, and don't need any training. As far as kreitlow goes, we need more like him, at least he carries a positive attitude which there is not enough of. At least he's sitting in the class learning. As for the rumers that he is teaching, that is not true! If people were a little more patient, the changes will come. But if you havn't been in this business for any amount of time you wouldn't know this. If you have problems find solutions, don't just complain, it makes everybody look bad and thats what we don't need. [/u]

08-21-2007, 11:43 PM
OK, so I have a new budget proposal. After being in basic beverage class today and truly see first hand how wastful the training section is. I have been with DABT for some time and cant believe the waste. The incompentency displayed by Lt. Kreitlow is like nothing I have seen before. Where the heXX did we get this joke from.

Lets not even go with the inservice training class I was in last year and the safety breaches we had on the range. I am in more fear going back to the range this year then I have working in bars.

Are you high? Seriously, what class are you in? Because it isn’t the class I am in. What has Kreitlow tried to teach? He hasn’t that’s what. We wonder why other agencies think we are a joke; we can’t even get along with ourselves. We have bigger fish to fry, lets try fixing he problems from the top first.

Which one of you would have passed up the opportunity Kreitlow got? I would venture to say none of you. Don’t blame him for the way he got hired; blame the way it was done. We would all take advantage of the situation if we were given the opportunity to. He doesn’t try to tell us how to be agents; we should try and tell him how to do his job. He is trying to get us equipment, better classes, and streamline the training we are getting. Do you really want it to go back to the way it was? If you saw safety infractions did you say anything? I didn’t think so, it is easy to talk crap on a message board, but when it comes to doing it in person you would be the first to ***** up.

If you think the training is a joke as well as Kreitlow, then man up and say something to him. But, alas it won’t happen, this agency is full of chicken hawks just like you. Go somewhere else and be a cop if this isn’t the place for you, I doubt you will be missed. Don’t let the door hit you, where the good lord split you.

08-21-2007, 11:58 PM
I have to agree with the last two posts. If you do not like this agency then move on down the road… D.O.C. is hiring. We need to give it a chance, there is a storm on the horizon, things are going to change, we just need relax, sit back, and watch it happen.

08-22-2007, 01:12 AM
Yep, more changes are sure to come. We got Drago right where we want him and we dont need to change that. He comes in and listens and takes action on what we say and how we say we want things ran. Yes, finally!!!!

08-22-2007, 01:16 AM

Are you high? Seriously, what class are you in? Because it isn’t the class I am in. What has Kreitlow tried to teach? He hasn’t that’s what. We wonder why other agencies think we are a joke; we can’t even get along with ourselves. We have bigger fish to fry, lets try fixing he problems from the top first.

Which one of you would have passed up the opportunity Kreitlow got? I would venture to say none of you. Don’t blame him for the way he got hired; blame the way it was done. We would all take advantage of the situation if we were given the opportunity to. He doesn’t try to tell us how to be agents; we should try and tell him how to do his job. He is trying to get us equipment, better classes, and streamline the training we are getting. Do you really want it to go back to the way it was? If you saw safety infractions did you say anything? I didn’t think so, it is easy to talk crap on a message board, but when it comes to doing it in person you would be the first to ***** up.

If you think the training is a joke as well as Kreitlow, then man up and say something to him. But, alas it won’t happen, this agency is full of chicken hawks just like you. Go somewhere else and be a cop if this isn’t the place for you, I doubt you will be missed. Don’t let the door hit you, where the good lord split you.

OK, ok Kreitlow time to get off the message board today. You need to get ready to sit in class tommorow.

08-22-2007, 03:18 AM
Gather round children, UB has yet another story for you. When we didn't have centralized training people *****ed. When we went to centralized training people *****ed. See a pattern? We are back to centralized training and it is up to you to offer constructive input on how to make it better. When those evals come around the room, take a few minutes and put pen to paper. You can make your point without being insulting to those folks who really try to make this a better place. It doesn't matter how a person got to ABT. All that matters is they are now one of us and deserve the respect due to all of us. Here is a startling revelation - other people read these posts. Other LE read these posts. I realize some comments are designed to further discussion, bait a response or offer a witty retort, but all can be done without minimizing the good faith efforts of others. I have a thought - instead of crying and whining on this board, how about stepping up and volunteering to be an instructor? I am sure training would appreciate the help and give you a chance without judging you. Oh I almost forgot the story I promised you. Crap, I did forget the story - time to get back to work. UB is on the clock and my 24 year old M.I.T. grad boss is concerned that UB hasn't properly submitted his TPS reports - tonight is a big night for Buck. The guy who operates that floor cleaner that looks like a Zamboni is out sick. Buck is next up in the rotation. Sweeeet.

08-22-2007, 03:42 AM
UB - I agree - Kreitlow is a good guy - he will become an insructor one day and then can teach us all he knows about ABT...as for the Homeland Security Unit - does that mean that the people from down south get to run it? The agents assigned to those task forces have a combined two years at ABT between the three of them - maybe the unit should happen - maybe we can get into some more task forces like the DEA and Customs task forces on drugs and smuggling where the money is at - maybe, maybe, maybe - as long as you kiss butt here, you can do what you want. I would love for that unit they were talking about to come to my area - but when the agency wants to cut positions, how can they justify it? I hope that those people who know it all have a solution...

08-22-2007, 09:27 AM
So why do you have to be here more than two years to be assigned to a task force?? Just because you have been here a long time doesn't make you the best pick for a special assignment. Some of the old timers I have worked with spend 60 hours a week trying to avoid 20 hours of work. Don't get me wrong, they are the best armed inspectors I know and are always good for an old joke. Can you image if we all got off our *ss and worked?? That would be a novel idea. I say in with the new and out with the old!!!

08-22-2007, 12:38 PM
I agree to pick the best for it - no matter how long on - but we heard up here the big dog just up and picked these guys - no selection process - happened up here too - how do you know they are the best when you dont have interviews or a selection process - shouldn't you be off probation first?

08-22-2007, 08:16 PM
Have you ever heard the old saying that "Past performance is usually a good indicator of Future Performance"? If you get off your duff and work, you might be surprised how you are perceived by your peers and supervisors!!! Maybe that is why they were picked, YOU THINK????

08-23-2007, 01:40 AM
So why does someone have to be an instructor to teach nonCMS classes? If someone has knowledge that they can share why, not listen? For example if there was a new agent that retired from a larger agency and had years of narcotics experience, why shouldn’t we learn all we can from that person? Who cares if they have not been to instructor techniques? Not me. :P

08-23-2007, 02:04 AM
We have a considerable amount of talent in this agency. Add all the college, hours of specialized training and experience and I doubt there are many agencies that could match us. I don't think "years" with ABT counts for much in the big scheme of things. One thing I have noticed is there is a difference between someone with 20 years experience and someone with 1 year, twenty times. I learn almost every day, and sometimes that knowledge is courtesy of a person that wasn't even born when I started this job. Thanks.

nunurbiz
08-24-2007, 06:06 AM
FYI I no why those agents were picked for the JTTF...because they got off there asses...started working numeorus cases with the JTTF, became involved in some secret cases then the JTTF asked for them specifically. Not to mention there experiance, and qualifications. Sometimes its better to begin on some local task forces to gain experiance and knowledge, really the JTTF is not a training ground for new agents with no experiance. Also don't hesitate to contact your JTTF reps and help them out, thats how you get noticed and could be selected for future vacancies. For those of you who don't understand that concept you probably never worked for a large department. Like I said before stop complaining, get off your asses, go out and make some cases and involve other agencies. By the way I'm pretty impressed that out agency is part of the statewide JTTF, no matter who is involved.

08-24-2007, 01:01 PM
So much BS so little time. It's all about politics and who you know nothing else. You can't work with other agencies unless you are a favorite of at least the Capt. and in the south the Major. Qualifications and prior LE experience do not seem to be a consideration. The Major it seems has vast experience only in ABT and the others range from Fish and Wildlife to ex other local agencies with very limited LE experience. This is a political agency and qualifications and LE experience play no part in promotion or task force selection live with it or move on.

08-24-2007, 11:41 PM
Nunurbiz - you say to get out and then other task forces will request your - thats true - I know of an agents in South Florida requested by other federal task forces - they made some huge cases with them - and were told to put a proposal together and send it up - got shot down because it would have taken away from the Super Task Force and then ABT pissed off the agency requesting that agent because they called, offered the position to ABT - requested the agents kicking buytt on those task forces, which would have brought ABT A LOT OF MONEY for the trust fund, and then they blew off these other agencies. Get your facts straight - I am so glad these agents "brought JTTF to ABT" - they were asking for us since the inception of the thing but they kept getting shot down - even under the Majors tenure - it took some friends to get hired to take those spots - they were handpicked by him to come on board - it has been shot down for years - how can you shoot down other task forces if they are so important - they told the other agents not enough manpower - again, so much BS, so little time. Other agents just have to keep doing it peacemeal until ABT can share the wealth with everyone - I hope Drago detaches as many people as he can - we need it.

08-25-2007, 12:21 AM
hey haha,
If the proposal you submitted contained as many mispelled words as this post, I can see why they turned you down!!
Lets face it you will never win a spelling BEE or compete on "Are you smarter than a fifth grader"
Good luck with the rest of your so called career which from what I see appears to be short!!

nunurbiz
08-25-2007, 05:21 AM
Like all of us in south fla...do not know who wrote that one....First of all your facts are all messed up.....The JTTF never asked for ABT until late last year...it took months to get a MOU...Their is another Fed. Task Force in SOuth fla..that has had an ABT agent assigned for years. Orlando has agents on MIU, JAcksonville and Gainsville has agents in task forces....etc..etc..etc...the cases you are talking about that were taken to a local fed/state task force, and the proposal that was submitted was shot down for two reasons, none of which were personnel matters... The agent in South Fla. who submitted the cases misrepresented the cases and the agent could not show any link to anything ABT was investigating, wow, no wonder they were shot down. Stop complaining and go to work......and stop writing what you have no knowledge of.....because its nunurbiz anyway

08-25-2007, 01:09 PM
Man I'm glad I work up north - south florida is brutal! Agents sparring with one another - who cares who is where - let em have the task forces - ill stick with the inspections - less hassle.

08-25-2007, 01:11 PM
Nunurbiz - I'm not from South Florida - wouldnt want to work there - Ill take the northern district thanks...I'm glad you know so much - maybe you should be chief!

08-28-2007, 01:02 PM
OK, enough bashing each other, let's look at these budget cuts again.

Here's what I don't get. If we are rolling taxes back 2 years and that's why we need to cut back then why don't we just agree to cut back our pay to what it was 2 years ago and drive the same cars from 2 years ago.

Hey wait, nothing has changed in 2 years.

Since taxes have gone up so much recently, but we haven't seen any increase, then why should we have to cut back now.

Someone has been getting more money because of the taxes and it sure hasn't been the State employees at ABT. :?

09-19-2007, 11:26 PM
Anybody heard from Uncle Buck??

09-21-2007, 05:43 PM
I think he got off when everyone started getting so ridiculous on here and the bashing wouldn't stop. That’s the last post I remember seeing from him.

09-22-2007, 12:50 AM
I did lose interest when things turned nasty, but it is hard to stay away - I mean sometimes it is like driving by a wreck - you can't help but stop and stare. I have enjoyed the humor in some of the posts, but I don't understand the willingness to slam fellow agents - maybe I'm just getting old.

09-22-2007, 01:01 AM
I did lose interest when things turned nasty, but it is hard to stay away - I mean sometimes it is like driving by a wreck - you can't help but stop and stare. I have enjoyed the humor in some of the posts, but I don't understand the willingness to slam fellow agents - maybe I'm just getting old.

good to see you back, but it is understood why you stayed away too.