PDA

View Full Version : Chief

08-20-2007, 10:57 AM
So how is the new loaner working out for you guys?

08-26-2007, 07:17 PM
pretty good, I like him. I dont really care about losing the cargo pants idea too much, but other than that he seems to be working out just fine.

08-30-2007, 01:01 PM
The city is going to keep him and I bet he wants to stay.

08-30-2007, 11:26 PM
i personally am glad he is staying. between the contract, the new chief, and the changes going on within the department I think this is the best thing that has ever happened here. Congrats Chief Brooks!

09-05-2007, 11:36 PM
Chief Brooks has been a wonderful asset to our department. Moral is up Accountability is up. Its nice to hear he goes on scene at many calls. It was great to hear him thank us over the radio after our participation in Sgt Reka's memorial. A little goes a long way. And face it getting "Thanked" is something we are not use . Its great to finally have a true leader, not a puppet.

09-07-2007, 11:14 AM
Chief Brooks has been a wonderful asset to our department. Moral is up Accountability is up. Its nice to hear he goes on scene at many calls. It was great to hear him thank us over the radio after our participation in Sgt Reka's memorial. A little goes a long way. And face it getting "Thanked" is something we are not use . Its great to finally have a true leader, not a puppet.

I can assure you that Chief Brooks is behind this PR garbage to make himself look good. If you the troops think he is all that good, you need to do some research how horrible a leader he was at MPD and BSO. At MPD he lied and had good career officers destroyed in order for himself to get promoted. Anyone that wants the truth needs only to search more, or ask for more postings of reports of what type of real person he is. He was a kiss arse at MPD and helped crooked cops like Frank Casanovas. Read the MPD forum about Frank and how he has sold out his officers. John Boy you are something else how you can destroy people and then re-invent yourself over and over again. Wait until they learn of your true colors. Are you still hanging all your pictures and accolades of yourself on your office walls? I bet you have not changed!

09-07-2007, 01:36 PM
Congratulations Chief Brooks, Sunrise is lucky to have you...

09-07-2007, 06:58 PM
Congratulations Chief Brooks, Sunrise is lucky to have you...

Yeah your are lucky. He has no choice to give you all what you want at the moment, but you have no clue of the destruction he has left behind. He is a media hog! Does the BSO FTAA fiasco remind anyone of anything about Brooks? Cops cop is probably John Boy himself...LOL

09-07-2007, 10:17 PM
HEY PISS HEADS! STAY OFF OUR FORUM. LOOKS LIKE MPD AND BSO HAVE THEIR OWN PROBLEMS WITH THEIR OWN TOP "LEADERS" WE LIKE OUR NEW CHIEF, REGARDLESS OF HIS PAST. THANK YOU FOR YOUR INSIGHT! NOW GO PISS OFF!!!!

09-08-2007, 12:40 AM
Has anyone done a background on the new chief? I recall a commissioner we liked at first until he couldn't find his degree.

We are just moving forward into the UNKNOWN, again....... Who is saying TRUST US this time?

:shock:

09-08-2007, 04:55 PM
Has anyone done a background on the new chief? I recall a commissioner we liked at first until he couldn't find his degree.

We are just moving forward into the UNKNOWN, again....... Who is saying TRUST US this time?

:shock:

Stop!! That is not even comparable. Chief Brooks has been in S. Florida law enforcement for over 30 years. His accomplishments and record speak for themselves. He is certainly not an unknown.

For years people in the department pleaded for command leadership and accountability. Now there is both. Be thankful for what is in place now. The department is moving in a positive direction.

Too bad that some that left the department desiring the same thing weren't able to be here for it.

09-09-2007, 12:11 AM
ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

NATIONAL DESK MIAMI
National News Briefs; Assistant Police Chief Steps Down in Miami
Major John Brooks resigns as deputy police chief in Miami following criticism of his cooperation with federal agents who rescued Elian Gonzalez from relatives to return him to father

MIAMI HERALD
Major John Brooks, a high-ranking officer for the Broward Sheriff's Office, apologized this afternoon for derogatory comments he and other officers made during a police-training video following the November 2003 Free Trade Area of the Americas summit. His apology came on the same day The Miami Herald published a story about the tape, which was posted on its website and later picked up by other media. The tape shows Brooks and other officers praising each other for shootingprotesters with rubber bullets at the convention a day earlier.

"First of all I'm here to apologize for the comments. They were inappropriate and unprofessional," Brooks said. "Looking back at the tape, in hindsight, I shouldn't have said those things."

More to come from BSO and the Herald
:oops:

09-09-2007, 12:21 AM
ACCOMPLISHMENTS?

NATIONAL DESK MIAMI
National News Briefs; Assistant Police Chief Steps Down in Miami
Major John Brooks resigns as deputy police chief in Miami following criticism of his cooperation with federal agents who rescued Elian Gonzalez from relatives to return him to father

MIAMI HERALD
Major John Brooks, a high-ranking officer for the Broward Sheriff's Office, apologized this afternoon for derogatory comments he and other officers made during a police-training video following the November 2003 Free Trade Area of the Americas summit. His apology came on the same day The Miami Herald published a story about the tape, which was posted on its website and later picked up by other media. The tape shows Brooks and other officers praising each other for shootingprotesters with rubber bullets at the convention a day earlier.

"First of all I'm here to apologize for the comments. They were inappropriate and unprofessional," Brooks said. "Looking back at the tape, in hindsight, I shouldn't have said those things."

More to come from BSO and the Herald
:oops:

Dude, are you crazy? Look at both of these incidents. In the first, he was the driver of the vehicle that extracted Elian Gonzalez and sent him back where he belonged. In the second, he was praising his field force team for doing an excellent job at the FTAA meeting.... If you think those are bad things, then maybe you should go back to your "Hillary for President" campaign meeting and keep your head in the sand.... I think it's awesome for a Chief to stand with his guys and have no problem with either of those incidents.....

09-09-2007, 12:51 AM
I don't care how many years he has been a cop. Our standard background procedures should be followed for every LEO, especially someone that hasn't had a background for over 30 years.

Is he exempt from policy? What happened to the other applicants and the EEOC process for equal employment. I thought we wanted an experienced chief, someone that has been a chief before and has a proven track record as Chief of Police. No other applicants have even been considered. What a waist of time and money to hire a company and advertise nationally. What's the hurry, lets do this right.

He was recommended by an admitted corrupt sheriff who is going to prison for a felony. Maybe it's just the cop in me but I would get that background done ASAP, something about this is just not right. That is one reference I wouldn't rely on and should be a RED FLAG!

He will be coming in owing a lot to the political machine and that machine in Broward County and Sunrise is not working to good these days. Who in this business gets a 6 month severance and AUTOMATIC 5% annual increases over the top salary range? What about the annual evaluation before a 2.5% merit.

Caveat Emptor

09-09-2007, 07:57 PM
I don't care how many years he has been a cop. Our standard background procedures should be followed for every LEO, especially someone that hasn't had a background for over 30 years.

Is he exempt from policy? What happened to the other applicants and the EEOC process for equal employment. I thought we wanted an experienced chief, someone that has been a chief before and has a proven track record as Chief of Police. No other applicants have even been considered. What a waist of time and money to hire a company and advertise nationally. What's the hurry, lets do this right.

He was recommended by an admitted corrupt sheriff who is going to prison for a felony. Maybe it's just the cop in me but I would get that background done ASAP, something about this is just not right. That is one reference I wouldn't rely on and should be a RED FLAG!

He will be coming in owing a lot to the political machine and that machine in Broward County and Sunrise is not working to good these days. Who in this business gets a 6 month severance and AUTOMATIC 5% annual increases over the top salary range? What about the annual evaluation before a 2.5% merit.

Caveat Emptor

Very well said guest! Please dig deeper and you shall find more on John Boy Brooks. Check the Herald Archives and the New Times news paper. John Destroyed a great Miami cop's career in order to get promoted at Miami police. If he was so great at Miami he would have never left. Second, if he was so great at BSO, he would have been appointed to sheriff. The man has been a media hog all his life and at the FTAA, his comments were so inappropriate! I true leader would never have said anything like that. I am surprised that the FBI has not worked on the Sheriff for information on his plea agreement. Brooks knew about the Sheriff's dealings and did nothing about it until the feds were on to him.

I can not remember the officers name who Brooks screwed over at Miami, but he ruin the man's life. I think I can check with other Miami officers and find out who he was. Someone needs to really do a real background on this guy.

If someone has a yahoo e-mail address, or other e-mail address I can upload a federal suit filed against Brooks once, which tells a lot about the man. Just post your e-mail here. I can try and post the entire suit here, but I do not think it will hold the entire file.

09-10-2007, 02:45 AM
What recommendation has the new Sheriff made for Brooks? According to the BSO message boards Brooks ..... Well you can read them for yourself. He seems to have his on page and fan club!
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=30215

Sheriff Al Lamberti's new staff:
http://www.sheriff.org/about_bso/dle/command/index.cfm

His past BSO recommendations are now under question and going to prison. His fast rise and fall from Lt. Colonel needs to be reviewed.

This selection needs to be put on hold until the FBI dust has settled. More charges will likely come from this case. The indicted Sheriff is now a cooperating witness and you know what that means!

09-10-2007, 04:39 AM
Guest,

I have five email addresses for you to send the information to:
http://www.sunrisefl.gov/CommissionDirectory.html
They vote Tuesday 9/11/07

Include this address:
http://forums.leoaffairs.com/viewtopic.php?t=28823