PDA

View Full Version : What's up with FHP?

08-18-2007, 03:58 PM
I just got a ticket from a Trooper - $205. Now, I admit I was going fast, on a I-10 at 0130 hrs with no other traffic. As soon as the trooper stopped me, I apologized, gave him my d/l and Pines ID, and said I just was not paying attention. The trooper immediatly told me to step out of the car, had me walk to the back of my car and in front of his (one time for roadside safety), and lectured me on how bad I. Then proceeded to tell me how he would not have done this in "your county". After all of that, he gives me a ticket, and me the entire time being apologitic and respectful.

You would think with recent multiple shootings of fellow law enforcement officers, these guys might show a little solidarity......but I guess not. What sucks is that the next time I see a trooper next to I-75 by him or herself because their back-up is miles away, I am going to stop and assist. This is what any good officer would do. However, the courtesy stops there, if I stop a driver for a tail light out, and it turns out to be a trooper, bonus..........

08-19-2007, 05:10 PM
i agree. screw those jerks. i've heard too many stories about the same thing.

08-20-2007, 08:27 AM
FHP= Florida Helpless Police

08-20-2007, 02:47 PM
FHP=Feminine Hygiene Product

08-20-2007, 08:01 PM
I'm a local cop and I work with a lot of Troopers down here in the tri-county area and they have the same jaundice eye toward their northern brothers in brown. As a matter of fact I've heard stories of Troopers writing commanding officers from other Troops!

It's not their fault up above So Fl for the following reasons:

1) When they walk into a bar room brawl up there everyone stops and pays attention.

2) We make significantly more money than they do so they think most local/county cops are corrupt.

3) They hate it down here or otherwise they would be down here due to the pay differential. Therefore they hate everyone down here including the cops.

4) They are taught that they are the State Police. They go to their own academy and thereby don't learn to "play well with others" while we sit in our academy chairs next to someone from BSO on our left and Hallandale on our right.

5) Once they get a taste of an ass beating whereby they are saved by a local cop they usually change their tune.

08-21-2007, 02:25 AM
give me a diablo samich an uh doctah peppuh. an make it quick i'm in uh gat damn hurry!

08-21-2007, 02:37 AM
1st off: i’ll still back these ****s up even though they crap all over city and county cops. i’ll never bypass any solo officer conducting a traffic stop no matter what jurisdiction.

dogcatcher: i feel your pain. i too have been issued a traffic ticket by one of fhp’s finest, after displaying a police i.d. and driver license. i too was respectful, and admitted that i exceeded the posted limit while driving in a county outside of south florida.

the elite group of state patrol officers certainly is in a group amongst themselves. it is evident by the exceptional training they receive while being educated / brainwashed in tallahassee.

they learn that concepts such as brotherhood, camaraderie, and solidarity are only for police officers and deputy sheriffs. they also learn that discretion and courtesy are beneath them. come on, how could any law enforcement officer (except an fhp trooper) issue another cop a traffic ticket? not only does fhp routinely do so, but they lecture cops about “their highway. . . their county” just before saying sign here.

keep up the good work fhp. your training academy has produced some talented troopers who love to stroke cops while wearing that flawless brown hat. no wonder why so many real cops can’t stand these specialized left turn makers.

08-21-2007, 02:38 AM
1st off: i’ll still back these ****s up even though they crap all over city and county cops. i’ll never bypass any solo officer conducting a traffic stop no matter what jurisdiction.

dogcatcher: i feel your pain. i too have been issued a traffic ticket by one of fhp’s finest, after displaying a police i.d. and driver license. i too was respectful, and admitted that i exceeded the posted limit while driving in a county outside of south florida.

the elite group of state patrol officers certainly is in a group amongst themselves. it is evident by the exceptional training they receive while being educated / brainwashed in tallahassee.

they learn that concepts such as brotherhood, camaraderie, and solidarity are only for police officers and deputy sheriffs. they also learn that discretion and courtesy are beneath them. come on, how could any law enforcement officer (except an fhp trooper) issue another cop a traffic ticket? not only does fhp routinely do so, but they lecture cops about “their highway. . . their county” just before saying sign here.

keep up the good work fhp. your training academy has produced some talented troopers who love to stroke cops while wearing that flawless brown hat. no wonder why so many real cops can’t stand these specialized left turn makers.

08-21-2007, 06:30 PM
In my 15 years with FHP, I never wrote any city or county officer a ticket. As far as you claiming that you stop when you see a FHP on a Traffic stop: (BS) you pass by exceeding 100 MPH. Deal with the individual who wrote you the ticket, not everybody.

08-22-2007, 04:09 AM
Dont worry FHP Pines has a motorman that wrote my mom a 76 year old for driving 11 miles over the speed limit, when my mom said her son was a officer for another LE agency here in South Florida he told my mom you should of know better.

08-22-2007, 04:17 AM
Also my mom told the officer she wasnt feeling good because she was undergoing chemo treatments, and my mom has since passed away, so pines officers please stop bashing FHP when your own officers write other city cops family.

08-22-2007, 05:45 PM
Where has the Brotherhood gone?

08-23-2007, 01:53 AM
Sorry Diddo for your loss, Unfortunately we do have some motorman that would write there own moms tickets. They have zero compassion and just dont get it. On behalf of the majority of pines officers sorry for the few jerks we have.

08-23-2007, 02:24 AM
Must of been the ticket to make his quotta for the day, still wrong, where has professional courtesy gone, remember the good old days when there was a courtesy extended to wifes, family an no way you wrote another LEO, but those days are long gone. Also FHP writing tickets for FOP and PBA emblems on your license plates, make sure it does not cover a letter or a number. Again the good times have seen the last of respect for all wearing the BADGE.

08-24-2007, 03:41 AM
Dont worry FHP Pines has a motorman that wrote my mom a 76 year old for driving 11 miles over the speed limit, when my mom said her son was a officer for another LE agency here in South Florida he told my mom you should of know better.Anyone can say that their son (or brother, father, cousin...) is a cop. How many people give you BS excuses to get out of a ticket? I don't always believe what people tell me, especially when deceiving me will save them money. Do really believe that half of the people that you stop for speeding really have to go to the bathroom?

08-24-2007, 08:45 AM
WHENEVER SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT THEIR RELATIVE IS A COP, I RUN 'EM ON D.A.V.I.D. IF THEIR D.L. HISTORY SHOWS THAT THEY'VE HAD A $#!T LOAD OF TICKETS, THEY'RE PROBABLY JERKIN' YOUR GURKIN.

08-24-2007, 02:35 PM
I have had a incident with FHP as well, and all I can say is "Keep the F$#%ing lecture to yourself and give me the citation" if that was your intention anyway!

They act as if the have never been 6 mph over the speed limit before. I have pulled over my share of Troopers and I have never issued them a citation.

08-25-2007, 01:01 AM
PINES MOTORMAN ARE JACK ARSES, CANT BELIEVE THEY WROTE A 76 YEAR OLD WOMAN WHO WAS UNDERGOING CHEMO. WOW UNBELIEVABLE

08-25-2007, 01:12 AM
how about writing PSA/CSA's in uniform and other cops mothers? pppd is great to their brohers in arms too. fire away boys and girls,,,but know it's true.

08-25-2007, 08:46 AM
I second that, hey Sequin hows your ticket writing going there big boy?

08-25-2007, 02:51 PM
Officer Sequin would never write anyone a ticket

08-25-2007, 06:37 PM
I think he would even write his own mother. I understand hes the great ticket writier and all, but come on. Last week you wrote a fire chiefs wifes!?!

08-25-2007, 09:51 PM
what a richard!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

08-26-2007, 12:27 AM
That's Bull S***T. I have asked Mel to "rectify" a ticket and I know others who have as well and he has done so without question. I know he would never knowingly write another cop or firefighter.

09-03-2007, 11:44 AM
every dep't has their morons but, stop whining about the ticket thing when you have guys that write PSA's in uniform on their way to the police department tickets, write other officers family members tickets, and say I don't care what your mom/dad does here's your ticket.

On another note, I hope your Ofc is ok after the horrible crash this a.m. on the Blvd. two pedestrians KIA, no mention though if the ofc is all right, hope he/she is.

Take care of each other and each others families, we're all we have out here.

09-03-2007, 01:28 PM
every dep't has their morons but, stop whining about the ticket thing when you have guys that write PSA's in uniform on their way to the police department tickets, write other officers family members tickets, and say I don't care what your mom/dad does here's your ticket.

On another note, I hope your Ofc is ok after the horrible crash this a.m. on the Blvd. two pedestrians KIA, no mention though if the ofc is all right, hope he/she is.

Take care of each other and each others families, we're all we have out here.

09-03-2007, 08:48 PM
This is my first time ever for a post. Not even a member of Pines, Browrad Etc. Our local FHP are pretty decent. When you get to Northern FL., they....yes THEY are notorious for writing us (PO active and retired) tickets. I do not know if they are indoctrinated that way in the academy and practice insensitivity. No professional courtesy with us yet there is professional courtesy with Doctor's to Doctors....Lawyers to Lawyers, etc. but not Cops to Cops. It's appauling and insulting. Their behavior is THEIR behavior. It is NOT required to issue a summons. They do that 'cause they want to ! My wife got a ticket with me in the car in Sebring by a Sheriff's Deputy. He knew who I was and I treated him with total COURTESTY, kindness and respect. He still isuued the ticket. I told him that inspite of his actions, if I were to stop him or any memeber of his family, I still would NOT write any of them a ticket. He told me I can take this to court, "knowing" (and he did say it was a 180 mile drive for me from my location) I wouldn't fight it. I DID and HE LOST big time looking like a FOOL in front of his peers present in court. He sat down talking to himself as he walked by. That anal orifice also wrote the Sheriff's son a ticket. He also smiling and bragging to his two "friends" who use to work with me that he wrote a ticket to my wife. I was told he and another PO that that department were the worst two SOB's they have. He is now (and not for that reason) no longer a motorcycle officer. He did NOT have the MANUFACTURERS CALIBRATION (every 30 days). He had a copy which was 3 years old. He STILL wanted to fight us rather than say, OK Judge, thank you. I erred! Fight the ticket. Also not to be taken the wrong way but do understand what I an saying.....I'd rather be stopped (if FHP) by a L/M or B/M rather that a W/M. in Northern FL. They are more receptive, understanding and fraternal/brotherhood than a yahoo ! Oh, I'm a W/M and I say what I have just said out of respect and (past) experience while in Northern FL and all of FLA for that matter !

09-06-2007, 09:14 PM
[quote="Loyal"]This is my first time ever for a post. Not even a member of Pines, Browrad Etc. Our local FHP are pretty decent. When you get to Northern

Ever think maybe you drive like crap. Your wife speeds, you obviously speed and apparently you think you're above the law. Worked SF for over 17 years and north FLA for another 4, would write a P.O. if needed, but it would have to be and extreme violation 30+ with that F'ed up attitude that you usually reserve for the scum bags you deal with on a day to day basis. I guess when you go to the acedemy, instead of teaching you ethics, morals and values they tell you your badge is an instant get out jail card. Puts you above the law. I have seen tickets issued to other cops and then heard their stories at a training session. They never mention that they were an arse and that they were doing 115 in a 55 mph zone in and out of traffic. They're always doing 8-10 over and can you believe this trooper. 98% of that is pure B.S. Every department has a few, I know you do. All of my guys, do exhibit courtesy, and in four years, if they have actually written one real cop, it was at an accident scene when mandated by policy or the guy was so embarrassed he didn't identify himself. So keep spreading the rumors, it only perpetuates legend. Good day

09-06-2007, 10:06 PM
This is my first time ever for a post. Not even a member of Pines, Browrad Etc. Our local FHP are pretty decent. When you get to Northern

Ever think maybe you drive like crap. Your wife speeds, you obviously speed and apparently you think you're above the law. Worked SF for over 17 years and north FLA for another 4, would write a P.O. if needed, but it would have to be and extreme violation 30+ with that F'ed up attitude that you usually reserve for the scum bags you deal with on a day to day basis. I guess when you go to the acedemy, instead of teaching you ethics, morals and values they tell you your badge is an instant get out jail card. Puts you above the law. I have seen tickets issued to other cops and then heard their stories at a training session. They never mention that they were an arse and that they were doing 115 in a 55 mph zone in and out of traffic. They're always doing 8-10 over and can you believe this trooper. 98% of that is pure B.S. Every department has a few, I know you do. All of my guys, do exhibit courtesy, and in four years, if they have actually written one real cop, it was at an accident scene when mandated by policy or the guy was so embarrassed he didn't identify himself. So keep spreading the rumors, it only perpetuates legend. Good day

Mr. Know it all North Florida Trooper, are you still on probation or what, you come on this website and embarass yourself. Why is that you all dont get the big picture. It's about professional courtesy, is this something you never heard of or dont they teach you that in your traffic academy. Get a grip with yourself, we don't need a lecture, if you want to write other officers by all means do it no lecture is necessary. Have you ever gone beyond the speed limit, have you ever ran a red light light, get over it and yourself. If your ever stopped in Pembroke Pines, our officers may shake their head but they will send you on your way, telling you to stay safe and have a nice day. While your on probation we dont need a lecture from you Mr. North Florida Trooper. Youve never worked in South Florida, maybe for the Post Office or Guardian Security. And as you say you would write a P.O. if needed, wow your a legend in you own mind. Chalk one up for the North Florida Trooper. Ethics, morals and values, is professional courtesy Mr. Trooper. And no where under State Statute does it say you must write a citation for every accident. Check your policies and State Statute Mr. Trooper. Have a good day and a safe one.

09-08-2007, 05:18 AM
Mr. Know it all North Florida Trooper, are you still on probation or what, you come on this website and embarass yourself. Why is that you all dont get the big picture. It's about professional courtesy, is this something you never heard of or dont they teach you that in your traffic academy. Get a grip with yourself, we don't need a lecture, if you want to write other officers by all means do it no lecture is necessary. Have you ever gone beyond the speed limit, have you ever ran a red light light, get over it and yourself. If your ever stopped in Pembroke Pines, our officers may shake their head but they will send you on your way, telling you to stay safe and have a nice day. While your on probation we dont need a lecture from you Mr. North Florida Trooper. Youve never worked in South Florida, maybe for the Post Office or Guardian Security. And as you say you would write a P.O. if needed, wow your a legend in you own mind. Chalk one up for the North Florida Trooper. Ethics, morals and values, is professional courtesy Mr. Trooper. And no where under State Statute does it say you must write a citation for every accident. Check your policies and State Statute Mr. Trooper. Have a good day and a safe one.[/quote]
Unfortunately we do have to write a citation in an accident if the burden of proof shows that the officer was at at fault. FHP Policy plus it does stop that perception that we are all above the law. (This little policy came about due to a police chase involving an S.O. that killed two people.) That is what professional courtesy means (right), I am violating a traffic law, but its cool, I am on the J.O.B.. They are only infraction but they can kill and they do kill more people than homicides, so I don't take it that lightly. Made more NOK's than your dumbarse has and even had to knock on a deputy or two's door to informed them that their loved one was killed in a traffic crash. I extend professional courtesy all the time. I have also stopped some of the nastiest, rudest and disrespectful P.O.'s I have ever seen, of course during my 21+ years of probation. Everyone has a few, you know it. We do get tired of the bashing and half truths that are told by a select few that get a ticket from a trooper. Most of the time they are full of it. Some even make up stories when they are stopped and given a break. Been on the scene of one of those stops only to be teaching a class the next week and over hear the dumb arse talking about the incident with his chest all pushed out, making up pure B.S. until he was called on it. We police our own as well, the names on the bottom of the citation with ID number on it. Get on our site, post the name and citation# and ID number and your view of how it went down and we will see if its correct or not. We will make corrections descretely on our side if needed. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. I will say one last thing, if you came up and approached me in an unlit parking lot at night and asked for I.D. and I said what the F do you want. At what point would I get the professional courtesy.

09-08-2007, 12:42 PM
Courtesy would be extended right after I would ask you for your drivers license and you would produce your license and me seeing your badge. That's when Mr. Trooper. No lecture, have a nice day. On your way you would go.

09-13-2007, 07:42 AM
While driving off duty, I have never had any problems with FHP. I've been down here for quite some time and have always received respect when I'm the first to give it. I've even had "come pick him up" calls from FHP without question. Just like any other agency, FHP has their idiots. But remember, they also have decent guys working for them.

10-03-2007, 04:23 PM
1 - Sorry, on be-half of the many Troopers that don't write Officer or Deputies tickets. 2 - Give the Troopers name, so we know who the jerk is. 3 - Give the exact location, so I don't go through there and get one to. And 4 - Let's not 4 get there are _ _ _holes in every dept. fortunately for u guy's your stories stay locally and ours travel state wide. Please do not stop, stoping 4 us when u C us. 4 1 day u could B saving my life. Be safe Brothers, ur friendly trooper.

10-7 for good
10-05-2007, 01:54 AM
Well, before I retired this is the way I looked at it - and maybe this will help enlighten the few that really do write EVERYONE.
A ticket is a penalty for committing one of those traffic "wrongs" to society. You get a ticket..and you pay a debt to society when you pay it.
ANY day a cop goes to work could be their last, so... we pay a debt to society EVERY day. If I ever stopped a cop, they already paid their debt. The stop was a good chance to shake the hand of a fellow officer (or their family) and say nice to meet you. 10-8. I certainly gave equal breaks to Joe nobodys so why not for those who might die for us.

Winston Wolfe
10-06-2007, 12:10 AM
Well, before I retired this is the way I looked at it - and maybe this will help enlighten the few that really do write EVERYONE.
A ticket is a penalty for committing one of those traffic "wrongs" to society. You get a ticket..and you pay a debt to society when you pay it.
ANY day a cop goes to work could be their last, so... we pay a debt to society EVERY day. If I ever stopped a cop, they already paid their debt. The stop was a good chance to shake the hand of a fellow officer (or their family) and say nice to meet you. 10-8. I certainly gave equal breaks to Joe nobodys so why not for those who might die for us.

Amen Brother! Even if they got one over on me and lied about their status or family connection, who cares... Karma Baby!

10-15-2007, 02:44 AM
Any of you Cops on here that are complaining about being issued a ticket by FHP or any other LE Agency are nothing more than pathetic, crooked cops! Sure, you haven't accepted a $2,000 bribe, but morally you are corrupt! You want special treatment for YOUR criminal wrong doing, while maintaining the right to penalize the very citizens you are sworn to protect! You corrupt cops really need to check yourself and the code of deciet you live by.

It is this attitude that has led to a former Sheriff facing corruption charges in Broward and a current Police Chief believing he has the right to accept inappropriate gifts in Miami!

There's a cell in Starke waiting for each and everyone of you crooked bums and with God's help you'll get there to occupy it!

Duty, Honor, Country!

10-15-2007, 05:02 AM
shut the efffffff up

10-15-2007, 12:18 PM
I SECOND THAT !!!!

11-14-2007, 07:45 PM
North Carolina highway patrol, stops, off duty city cop, speeding lets him go with a warning, 5 miles down the road, cop kills a 5 year in a car accident, casue of accident speed by off duty cop.... Was it an accident or could it have been prevented if the North Carolina Highway patrol, wrote a ticket to the cop when he first stopped him. Then maybe that 5 year old would still be alive.

FHP keep up the good job, they speed they pay the fine. Maybe you will keep an innocent person from being killed by a speeding off duty LEO.

11-14-2007, 11:48 PM
North Carolina highway patrol, stops, off duty city cop, speeding lets him go with a warning, 5 miles down the road, cop kills a 5 year in a car accident, casue of accident speed by off duty cop.... Was it an accident or could it have been prevented if the North Carolina Highway patrol, wrote a ticket to the cop when he first stopped him. Then maybe that 5 year old would still be alive.

FHP keep up the good job, they speed they pay the fine. Maybe you will keep an innocent person from being killed by a speeding off duty LEO.

I WRITE AN N.T.A. TO A PERSON FOR SMOKING WEED. DO YOU REALLY THINK THAT WILL STOP THEM FROM SMOKING IT AGAIN.

11-19-2007, 03:10 PM
Any of you Cops on here that are complaining about being issued a ticket by FHP or any other LE Agency are nothing more than pathetic, crooked cops! Sure, you haven't accepted a $2,000 bribe, but morally you are corrupt! You want special treatment for YOUR criminal wrong doing, while maintaining the right to penalize the very citizens you are sworn to protect! You corrupt cops really need to check yourself and the code of deciet you live by.

It is this attitude that has led to a former Sheriff facing corruption charges in Broward and a current Police Chief believing he has the right to accept inappropriate gifts in Miami!

There's a cell in Starke waiting for each and everyone of you crooked bums and with God's help you'll get there to occupy it!

Duty, Honor, Country!

I PRAY THAT THIS IDIOT GETS ROBBED AND SHOT HYPATHEDICALLY OF COURSE

11-19-2007, 09:27 PM
I just got a ticket from a Trooper - $205. Now, I admit I was going fast, on a I-10 at 0130 hrs with no other traffic. As soon as the trooper stopped me, I apologized, gave him my d/l and Pines ID, and said I just was not paying attention. The trooper immediatly told me to step out of the car, had me walk to the back of my car and in front of his (one time for roadside safety), and lectured me on how bad I. Then proceeded to tell me how he would not have done this in "your county". After all of that, he gives me a ticket, and me the entire time being apologitic and respectful.

You would think with recent multiple shootings of fellow law enforcement officers, these guys might show a little solidarity......but I guess not. What sucks is that the next time I see a trooper next to I-75 by him or herself because their back-up is miles away, I am going to stop and assist. This is what any good officer would do. However, the courtesy stops there, if I stop a driver for a tail light out, and it turns out to be a trooper, bonus..........

I'm a NF Trooper from down south. Not all of us would write other cops. Just think how bad you would feel if that Trooper you passed on a T50 was killed and you could have saved him or her. Don't have hate in your heart because of one persons stupidity.

11-20-2007, 04:16 PM
Amen Brother Trooper

12-09-2007, 11:05 PM

Duty, Honor, Country!

Hey equal American, I wrote 19 warning citations and one non moving citation last month. Guess what? Not one of them was a cop. So go screw yourself..

:roll:

12-10-2007, 02:07 PM
HERE'S A STORY I'LL NEVER FORGET.....
THERE WAS A SEMINAR IN NORTHERN FLORIDA SEVERAL YEARS AGO. WHEN THE SEMINAR WAS OVER, A GEORGIA STATE PATROL OFFICER WAS PULLED OVER JUST SOUTH OF THE STATE LINE BY FHP WHILE HE WAS IN HIS MARKED UNIT. ULTIMATELY HE WAS WRITTEN A TICKET FOR HIS INFRACTION.
IN RETALIATION, GEORGIA STATE PATROL WROTE NUMEROUS TICKETS TO FHP OFFICERS THAT ENTERED THE STATE OF GEORGIA, AND MADE A U-TURN ACROSS THE GRASSY MEDIAN SO THEY COULD RETURN TO FLORIDA.
NOW THAT'S JUSTICE!!!!!!

12-10-2007, 05:42 PM
Thats crazy... no matter what, we should take care of each other.. PERIOD !

01-16-2008, 08:54 PM

Actually employing your FLAWED logical thinking, if the cop WOULDN'T have stopped in the first place, the kid would still be alive.

02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
Where has the Brotherhood gone?

Thats what it all comes down to!!!!!!!!!!!!!

02-05-2008, 11:38 PM

Duty, Honor, Country!

Get the f-uck outta here!