PDA

View Full Version : CENSURE KEN HAGAN

08-17-2007, 03:47 PM
The following is a copy of a message which I have sent to all of the County Commissioners regarding the proposal of Commissioner Ken Hagan that the Commission send a "representative" to Sgt. Ron Harrisons' funeral rather than having the Commissioners attend in person.

TO COMMISSIONER KEN HAGAN:

If the account in the Tampa Tribune is correct stating that you objected to the proposal by Commissioner Rose Ferlita that a land use meeting be rescheduled so that Commissioners could attend the funeral of murdered Deputy Sheriff Sgt. Ron Harrison then I am outraged!

There is no parallel between Commissioner Ferlita's proposal and your recent action in having a Commission meeting delayed so that you could attend the funeral of a private citizen who happened to be a financial contributor to your election campaign.

To have taken the occasion of Commissioner Ferlita's proposal as an opportunity to lash back at her for her earlier criticism of the purported reason for the delay of the Commission meeting, a "light agenda", when the real reason was to facilitate your attendance at the funeral, is insufficient justification for your attempt at making the two funerals of equal significance.

Your suggestion that the Commission send a "representative" rather than having Commissioners actually attend Sgt. Harrison's funeral is despicable! This man was in the public service of our county, attending to the business of the county, and was murdered in the line of duty. What conceivable conflicting activity of the members of the Commission could take precedence over having our highest elected public officials attend his funeral?

I'll answer that rhetorical question for you - there is NONE!

I am utterly disappointed in you. I reside in your district and it is highly unlikely that I will support your re-election.

------------------------------

If your position is similar to mine, you might want to send your own e-mail to Commissioner Hagen regarding his position. His e-mail address is

HaganK@hillsboroughcounty.org