PDA

View Full Version : Tampa strategic planning meeting

08-16-2007, 04:15 AM
I just wanted to post and say that I was really encouraged by the strategic planning meeting that was held in the Tampa region with Mr. Brand from FDLE yesterday.

There were many good ideas that were presented and I really liked what Brand brough to the table. It really is like a breath of fesh air that seems to be blowing through our agency.

The meeting stayed on a constructive note, for the most part, and I think that we are getting alot accomplished. I really look forward to the changes that are happening and the effort that those in charge are making to repair the damage that has been done.

For all of you that have not had your meeting yet, please go. I think you will be glad that you did.

08-16-2007, 08:41 PM
I also felt that it was a good meeting. To hear AD Gibson say that the administration wants us to be the best in the state says alot to me.

Mr. Brand did an excellent job of running the meeting and input from the few officers that spoke, was very constructive. We have some great ideas that will finally get some attention from Tallahassee. It is a shame that the brass didn't leave the room so the officers could tell Mr. Brand how we have really been treated over the years.

BTW, I'm not going to put on some high heels and a skirt to do my paperwork...sorry. :oops:

08-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Yes, I will not be wearing a skirt either and I do not think that they make a high heel in my size.

I think that I heard the proverbial "pin" drop when the Lt. made that statement. I wonder how the women in the room felt about that.

I feel bad for the one's that have to work for him. If that is what he says in a public forum, I can't imagine what he must say within his own squad.

Very unprofessional.

The rest of the meeting went well though. Lots of good input and ideas.
Mr. Brand seems to be a very squared away guy that knows his stuff.

08-17-2007, 01:39 PM
I was impressed by Mr. Brand and thought the meeting was successful.

Good move by A.D. Gibson and Director Barnett.

No skirts and high heels for me either. :{

Sorry ladies. We do not all think that way.

08-18-2007, 02:00 PM
Good meeting

Shi**y comment

Go figure

08-22-2007, 02:22 AM
Almost a week has gone by since our meeting. I was not going to say anything, but the comment that was made about skirts and high heels really bothers me.

If it had been an officer that had said that, we would be carrying paper at the very least.

But this guy has gone unchecked for years, so I should not be suprised.

08-22-2007, 02:24 AM
Almost a week has gone by since our meeting. I was not going to say anything, but the comment that was made about skirts and high heels really bothers me.

If it had been an officer that had said that, we would be carrying paper at the very least.

But this guy has gone unchecked for years, so I should not be suprised.

08-28-2007, 03:06 AM
What LT was it and what was said?

09-13-2007, 04:39 AM
hints....over six feet tall.....his corporal is half his height.....always in dress uniform.....his patrol car got t.p.'d by all of his adoring fans at the last hurricane deploy....any questions? looks like he got away with those comments even though his capt. and his capt.'s "secretary" were sitting right there...wonderful...those comments would get you fired, disciplined, or at the least in sexual harassment 101 at a real p.d....those comments had to make all the ladies in attendance feel real good...can u say renegade who desperately needs supervision?