PDA

View Full Version : people first?

08-16-2007, 12:03 AM
I got an email the other day that a position was available in which I met the requirements for FDLE S/A position. I sent in my online app. and got a response that I didn't meet the minimum requirements...I assume it meant the college but I noticed it was changed to years of expierence instead of a degree. Does anyone know what the minimum requirements are? I am confused. Thanks

08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I had the same problem and I far exceed the minimums. Does anyone have a number to call to figure out the problem. I think the name on the email was Samantha Andrews. Thanks for any help.

I had the same problem and I far exceed the minimums. Does anyone have a number to call to figure out the problem. I think the name on the email was Samantha Andrews. Thanks for any help.

08-16-2007, 07:51 PM
(850) 410-7759

08-16-2007, 08:53 PM
Has anyone heard that the State is going to do away with P1st?

FD_EMS_SO
08-16-2007, 11:07 PM
What is p1st?

08-18-2007, 07:00 PM
p1st = People's First or JEB Bush's screw Up progam!!

08-18-2007, 10:26 PM
People First (or Worst) was a friends of Jeb privitatzation of the state agencies' HR departments. It has cost the state employees a lot of grief and opened us up to ID theft. One of the reps who handles FDLE's inquiries was arrested for stealing ID information. It's so bad that we have been given a no-charge ID theft watch program.

In my personal experience, PF has mishandled or lost insurance enrollments, miscalculated my pay, miscalculated the remedial attempts to make up for the miscalculations, etc.

There have been some very nice people at PF who have worked with us when there were problems and my hat is off to them. They can't help that it was an ill-conceived plan. Several agents correctly predicted that there would be ID theft issues.

Obviously, this post does not reflect the official position of any state agency. Just me.

08-19-2007, 10:55 PM
PeopleFirst isn't the only personnel initiative that should be undone. As part of Jeb Bush's war on state government, he collapsed and dismantled the employee classification plan into "broadbanding." This also served to remove the old class prerequisites, allowing agency's to determine their own minimum qualifiers for state positions. As an example, ABT, DEP, and FWC can all institute different minimum requirements for entry into these classes, but the union collectively bargains for these classes as though they were uniform. Why did he do this? Without prerequisites, anyone can be placed into a Select Exempt, Senior Management, or now, even a career service position. It's called political patronage. For the heavy donors, their former GAP-employed children and grandchildren can get jobs managing state government.

Well, Bush is gone, the state buildings aren't "empty as silent monuments" as he detailed in his 2nd inaugural speech:

"And...we can embed in society a sense of caring that makes government less necessary. There would be no greater tribute to our maturity as a society than if we can make these buildings around us empty of workers; silent monuments to the time when government played a larger role than it deserved or could adequately fill.”

Privatization failed, broadbanding has failed, and PeopleFirst continues to make life more difficult for state employees. Bush's philosophy of extreme fiscal conservatism, where state government is slowly choked to near death and where "more with less" is carried to extremes, contributing to job flight of the talented to Federal, local and municipal government, must be reversed.

Vote out all like-minded Bush disciples and purge them from appointed state positions. They have done their harm and its time to rebuild a viable state government with adequately funded agencies and career-minded employees.

08-20-2007, 01:16 AM
The post above is without a doubt one of the best I have read on any forum.