PDA

View Full Version : Should Law Enforcement have to officer's two a patrol Car?

08-15-2007, 06:53 PM
With the shootings and slaying's of Broward sheriff oifficers and Hillsbrough county officer I think it's in are best intrest to have two cops two a patrol car. I think it will lessen the odd's of another ambushe in my opinion. more and more everyday these juviniles are getting more senseless by the moment!! it's just a thought I mean after all we do answer two signal 41's you never know what kind of 41 or situation it's gonna be... these kid's are carrying zero's around like it's the wild wild west... it's sad never in my wildest dreams would I ever thought of chargeing a 13yr old with poss of a zero. makes u wounder where they are getting them, crime is out of control get out while u can!!!

08-15-2007, 10:22 PM
The last thing I want is some other dude riding with me. I can take care of myself, thanks. Anyway, if it were two officers in a car the night that Sgt. Reyka was killed, it would have been two deputies dead.

08-16-2007, 12:11 PM
With the shootings and slaying's of Broward sheriff oifficers and Hillsbrough county officer I think it's in are best intrest to have two cops two a patrol car. I think it will lessen the odd's of another ambushe in my opinion. more and more everyday these juviniles are getting more senseless by the moment!! it's just a thought I mean after all we do answer two signal 41's you never know what kind of 41 or situation it's gonna be... these kid's are carrying zero's around like it's the wild wild west... it's sad never in my wildest dreams would I ever thought of chargeing a 13yr old with poss of a zero. makes u wounder where they are getting them, crime is out of control get out while u can!!!With all the back stabbing, tattletailing, whining snitches, working in BSO, I'll take my chances riding solo. Its a hell of a lot safer and you have a better chance of surviving!!!!

08-16-2007, 12:22 PM
Last month NYPD had one officer killed and the other terribly wounded when then made a 10-50 on a stolen car. Two per car didn't help them.

08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
yea I forgot you guys are sure are on top of thing's when it comes to riding solo. I forgot you guys are two tough ..... (laughing)

08-16-2007, 02:09 PM
i can see in certain high risk areas riding 2-man units, but for regular patrol? nah

08-20-2007, 11:45 AM
yea I forgot you guys are sure are on top of thing's when it comes to riding solo. I forgot you guys are two tough ..... (laughing)I'm more afraid of the people I work with than I am of the criminals running the streets. It is so so so sad and depressing, but its safer to ride solo in this agency.

08-20-2007, 12:42 PM
I'm more afraid of the people I work with than I am of the criminals running the streets. It is so so so sad and depressing, but its safer to ride solo in this agency.

So quit.

08-20-2007, 10:07 PM
I think we should do like miami or miami dade does. In high crime zones or areas there should be two man units. I think it would be a waste in Weston or Parkland. It's definately safer to have someone watching your back.

If you one of those tough guys who can take on the world by yourself, then just ride solo. I gues us puzzies like to be safe, oh well.

08-21-2007, 03:15 AM
Yeah but can I choose my partner? I don't want some lazy dude whose asleep in the car while I'm trying to do police work... I also don't want some supertrooper trying to save the world while I'm trying to relax and drink my cup of coffee while it's still hot.

08-21-2007, 09:32 PM
ya the 37's kill everybody..wait no they dont.....the shotting in broward were not done by someone under 18.....i think you are mistaking the juvi's for the 40D in the bathroom...

two man....no not safe....wat about a perimeter......u got two man at one point...or you got one man with no cover? wat about meal breaks? eat with the sme guy everyday....? make one car cover 2 zones with calls holding because they can only be in one place at one time? or when they have to go to fleet...two deputies have to be 10-6??

08-22-2007, 12:54 AM
[quote="Not tough at all":3gdpm1u9]
I'm more afraid of the people I work with than I am of the criminals running the streets. It is so so so sad and depressing, but its safer to ride solo in this agency.

So quit.[/quote:3gdpm1u9]You must be one of those dep's I'm talking about. I already did, very happy with P. Pines PD. Good luck with your contract "Puzzy" and keep defending those guys you work with. You've probably never seen a zone so you just don't know what I'm talking about.

08-24-2007, 02:30 AM
The last thing I want is some other dude riding with me. I can take care of myself, thanks. Anyway, if it were two officers in a car the night that Sgt. Reyka was killed, it would have been two deputies dead.

It is always better to ride two deep, a nuckelhead will think twice about
doing something stupid, This should be done in all high ridden areas. This will let the public now for sure that you are there, and the ball game is over. Take note everyone. You can get the crime down for real.
And to help get crime down you can start with when making stops, before you even get out your protrol car use your mic to order the people out of their cars before you approach them, More safety by numbers. The word will spread real fast that this is what Bso is doing. This is an old school
technique that is very useful. And if any person that thinks he or she is to much of a man or woman to ride with a bro or sis then find a nother job
because when you took this job it was to serve and protect ,and by the word serve not meaning your selfs. Some of these post are very heart hurting to know and see just who is patrolling our streets, and just how you all fell about your very own brothers and sisters in LEO it is very sad.
This will also save tax payers money since so much needs to be cut. Yes good idea this way save on the gas and you can drive your own cars home see I saved money right there. Take turnes taking the car home. Come on boys don,t fight your nite is tommorrow then it,s my turn you get the picture. And you could also get more men out on the streets, two deep what a great idea. Darn can I run for sheriff? :wink:

08-24-2007, 02:57 AM
[quote="Sausage Party":3255moor]The last thing I want is some other dude riding with me. I can take care of myself, thanks. Anyway, if it were two officers in a car the night that Sgt. Reyka was killed, it would have been two deputies dead.

It is always better to ride two deep, a nuckelhead will think twice about
doing something stupid, This should be done in all high ridden areas. This will let the public now for sure that you are there, and the ball game is over. Take note everyone. You can get the crime down for real.
And to help get crime down you can start with when making stops, before you even get out your protrol car use your mic to order the people out of their cars before you approach them, More safety by numbers. The word will spread real fast that this is what Bso is doing. This is an old school
technique that is very useful. And if any person that thinks he or she is to much of a man or woman to ride with a bro or sis then find a nother job
because when you took this job it was to serve and protect ,and by the word serve not meaning your selfs. Some of these post are very heart hurting to know and see just who is patrolling our streets, and just how you all fell about your very own brothers and sisters in LEO it is very sad.
This will also save tax payers money since so much needs to be cut. Yes good idea this way save on the gas and you can drive your own cars home see I saved money right there. Take turnes taking the car home. Come on boys don,t fight your nite is tommorrow then it,s my turn you get the picture. And you could also get more men out on the streets, two deep what a great idea. Darn can I run for sheriff? :wink:[/quote:3255moor]

Man, you are a retard!!!!! First of all you are illiterate, but that is only a small issue. The big issue is you are retarded also, Do you really think it is safe to order someone out of a car before you get out of your car, that is not safe, that is lazy. You are in a much better tactical position standing, then you are sitting in your police car. You couldn't be the Sheriff of your own one person town, you are an idiot.

08-25-2007, 10:52 PM
With the shootings and slaying's of Broward sheriff oifficers and Hillsbrough county officer I think it's in are best intrest to have two cops two a patrol car. I think it will lessen the odd's of another ambushe in my opinion. more and more everyday these juviniles are getting more senseless by the moment!! it's just a thought I mean after all we do answer two signal 41's you never know what kind of 41 or situation it's gonna be... these kid's are carrying zero's around like it's the wild wild west... it's sad never in my wildest dreams would I ever thought of chargeing a 13yr old with poss of a zero. makes u wounder where they are getting them, crime is out of control get out while u can!!!

I believe the answer is not 2 per car, it is more on the street. If they were able to afford to put 2 officers/deputies per vehicle then they would be able to afford double the officers.
We can't even afford the ones we have now, apparently cause try getting what you need i.e. more staffing, better equipment, ect......