PDA

View Full Version : FBR & RECORDS FAILURE

08-15-2007, 11:28 AM
I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE FBR SYSTEM IS A FAILURE. 80% OF THE TIME THE FBR PORTION OF THE MDC STOPS WORKING CAUSING YOU TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER AND START ALL OVER AGAIN. DETECTIVES AND COMMANDERS STILL WANT HARD COPIES OF REPORTS. WITH ALL THE MONEY THEY HAVE GIVEN TO MOTOROLA YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD HAVE MADE A DUPLICATE OF THE REPORT WE HAVE BEEN USING UP TO DATE AND MADE THAT THE REPORT ON THE MDC.

NOW YOUR MDC IS NOT WORKING AND YOU HAVE TO TURN IN A HARD COPY TO RECORDS, GOOD LUCK SERGEANTS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO WRITE AN MEMO TO THE ASST. CHIEF EXPLAINING WHY.

YOU TRY TO TURN IN ARREST REPORTS TO RECORDS AND HIT A WALL BECAUSE THE FIRST THING THEY TELL YOU IS NO HARD COPIES. FBR DOESN'T CONTAIN A FORMS BUT I DONT THINK ANYONE TOLD RECORDS THAT.

WHAT ARE WE TO DO?

08-15-2007, 11:53 AM
I know lets start putting people in Computer Support who know what the hell they are doing !!! Why is nobody upstairs getting wise to the fact that Hamilton is a retard and the rest of the staff was chosen through the buddy or 33 system? It is embarrassing. I refuse to reboot that useless piece of shit computer 8 times a day.

08-15-2007, 01:08 PM
Hard copies of arrests forms are still accepted in Records only because they are required at DCJ. I have tried to explain to people in Info Tech. that FBR is a failure but they swear by it and say that it is here to stay unlike Kronos. You have to write on the report log sheets the reason why an officer is turning in a hard copy, i.e. no air card, no computer, etc. Pain in the a$$. Now these reports can only be given to Records Supervisors during the hours that Records is open and not dropped in the slots as before.

08-15-2007, 02:11 PM
Don't u guys get it, they want it to **** up. That way they can eventually play with the numbers. It's so obvious....
Why is it that every other dept. has a functioning system. For instance, the gables has a functioning system which only requires several updates here and there thruout the year. According to my friend, that little dept. is completely paperless. Also, their IT department is a private company, not cops that have some knowlegde on PC's.

08-15-2007, 06:40 PM
Don't u guys get it, they want it to fazugie up. That way they can eventually play with the numbers. It's so obvious....
Why is it that every other dept. has a functioning system. For instance, the gables has a functioning system which only requires several updates here and there thruout the year. According to my friend, that little dept. is completely paperless. Also, their IT department is a private company, not cops that have some knowlegde on PC's.

DONT YOU MEAN NO KNOWLEDGE?

08-15-2007, 06:49 PM
I HAVE TO SAY THAT THE FBR SYSTEM IS A FAILURE. 80% OF THE TIME THE FBR PORTION OF THE MDC STOPS WORKING CAUSING YOU TO REBOOT THE COMPUTER AND START ALL OVER AGAIN. DETECTIVES AND COMMANDERS STILL WANT HARD COPIES OF REPORTS. WITH ALL THE MONEY THEY HAVE GIVEN TO MOTOROLA YOU WOULD THINK THEY COULD HAVE MADE A DUPLICATE OF THE REPORT WE HAVE BEEN USING UP TO DATE AND MADE THAT THE REPORT ON THE MDC.

NOW YOUR MDC IS NOT WORKING AND YOU HAVE TO TURN IN A HARD COPY TO RECORDS, GOOD LUCK SERGEANTS BECAUSE YOU HAVE TO WRITE AN MEMO TO THE ASST. CHIEF EXPLAINING WHY.

YOU TRY TO TURN IN ARREST REPORTS TO RECORDS AND HIT A WALL BECAUSE THE FIRST THING THEY TELL YOU IS NO HARD COPIES. FBR DOESN'T CONTAIN A FORMS BUT I DONT THINK ANYONE TOLD RECORDS THAT.

WHAT ARE WE TO DO?

STOP YOUR *****1N!!

Suck it up. If your laptop freezes, get it fixed.

I do all of my reports on the computer and it works just fine. The reports aren't difficult, except for the accident diagraming. i actually prefer doing them on the computer and Sgt. Mcdonald reviews all of them for me. So far the only tickler I have got was for putting in the wrong case#.

If you have a problem with the reports go see him.

08-16-2007, 05:33 PM
I completely agree with this post. Ever since fbr started, i've been doing all my reports on fbr. So far so good, i haven't have any problem. So for all of you who are complaining about it, get used to it 'cause it is here to stay. If you have a problem with your laptop, go downthere and have them replace it for you. If you need training, ask your admin to schedule you whenever they are having training classes. I'm not gonna seat here and say that FBR is perfect, but at least give a try.

[/code]

01-13-2008, 09:05 PM
IT'S HAPPENING AGAIN

01-15-2008, 01:41 AM
i dont know which is worst the lack of support from the retards in comp supp or the lousy software that has been outdated 7-8yrs ago

01-18-2008, 02:18 AM

WHAT ARE WE TO DO?

I dont know give up

01-18-2008, 02:46 AM

WHAT ARE WE TO DO?

FAILED