PDA

View Full Version : taken from the PP Beacon

08-15-2007, 01:04 AM
" Anticipating greater future cuts over mandated tax reform, Gustafson said some steps are being examined to sever costs even more. The practice of paying vacation benefits for accrued time, a $300,000 cost, is being examined. The city will negotiate only a one-year pact with employee unions to allow for flexibility of future reductions in revenue.

Gustafson said as workers leave their positions will be examined for elimination or employee multi-tasking. Current benefits such as pension plans, health insurance, vacation and sick payouts, funeral leaves and short-term disability programs also will be scrutinized. "

08-15-2007, 12:03 PM
This agency going to CRAP! Morale is horrible and it's not going to get any better. Benefits are being taken away so it's time to jump ship my fellow brothers.

08-15-2007, 02:11 PM
You First.

08-16-2007, 02:27 AM
At least we have evening shift teams! At least we have so, so, so many supervisors.

08-16-2007, 11:45 AM
Sorry, I'm not going to jump ship "brother". I have a family to take care of and my morale isn't down. Please don't speak for me, If you think you can do better elsewhere, can't you lave without asking others to do it with you? I see how happy & rosy things are at other agencies by reading their postings! (haha) If you aren't happy LEAVE, but don't speak for me! (brother)

08-16-2007, 11:47 AM
Lave = leave (Olde British English)

08-17-2007, 12:47 AM
This place is going to become little SPPD, if we don't stop the bleeding. We got ofcs leaving or talking about leaving at an alarming rate. The moral is down for most and the city is doing nothing to help out. We have a city manager who has gotten a 20% pay hike over the last 3 yrs, but the real workers in this city end up getting the shaft. The admin needs to go to "sleazy hall" and hash something out for the line staff or we might be in major trouble. Stop promoting people, stop wasting money on useless items, and pay your cops what they need and deserve.

08-21-2007, 12:09 AM
looks like we lost a couple more officers and many more to come. I know the admin reads this and they need to know what is up. The contract is issue #1. Having 10 supervisors per shift, but barely 5 officers is #2. We need to streamline the city and PD or we are going to get taken over. Our PD is so supervisor heavy and the line staff is taking the beatings. If we don't do something now, we will lose more officers or the SO will roll in. If the SO comes in, do you the supervisors really think they will keep their rank and position? I think not, so start doing everything possible to salvage what is left of this PD because it's in worse shape than you think. Moral is at an all time low and almost everyone is looking to move on.

08-21-2007, 10:35 AM
Shallow,

I didn't know my moral was low and I was looking for another job, thanks for letting me know. You don't speak for me. Also the amount of officers that have left in the past 5 years is very minimal. Please don't include me in your fantasy survey.

08-21-2007, 11:26 PM
Can we just establish and stipulate once and for all that nobody is speaking for anyone else? Can we just agree that when someone posts their personal opinion or perception that it is just pertaining to them and their point of view? That should take care of all of the" You don't speak for me" posts....which are about the half the retorts on here.

08-22-2007, 06:31 PM
Is it the city managers wisdom or the pd admin. to put an officer at the high school by herself with 2400 students and the more experienced sro goes to the middle school?

08-23-2007, 12:41 AM
I think the middle school is worse!

08-23-2007, 02:48 AM
The law enforcement agencies in the County that police the high schools and middle schools entered into a new contract with the school board this year. The decision to return to one officer per school was the made by the superintendent (Mr. Clayton). This decision was made countywide. Instead of funding an additional police officer at Pinellas Park, Countryside, and Clearwater high school, Mr. Clayton committed to one officer and agreed to beef up their campus monitor program.

We were granted permission by Council to police Morgan after the SO pulled out.

As for the assignments, this decision was mine in consultation with the Chief and the new school principal. I also received invaluable input from S2. The current high school SRO experienced exponential growth in her first year and I have the utmost confidence in her abilities to do a great job. Policing a school is not for everyone and those officers who pursue this side of policing deserve our support. I am encouraged by ML’s willingness to meet the challenges policing the high school presents. With everyone support and encouragement, she will have a very successful school year that will reflect well on ML and our police department.

As for the SRO at Morgan, his experience will serve him and our agency well in this new assignment. Although a law enforcement presence is nothing new to Morgan, we are new to Morgan. JT will need to draw from his experience from the High School and youth services to reach these very challenging students and develop a solid SRO foundation for others to follow. Like ML, I am encouraged by JT’s willingness to meet the challenges policing the middle school presents.

If anyone has any other question regarding this issue, please call or come and see me.

Haworth

08-23-2007, 10:40 PM
another one bites the dust. we are losing people. is the admin going to address the other issues in this string of posts? moral is terrible.

08-24-2007, 01:30 AM
I disagree, I haven't seen that moral is down. Just because yours is down doesn't mean others feel the same. I do my 10 hours, enjoy my 3 days off & take home car. I am not overworked, it's busy depending on the zone and day. Mabey you need to go elsewhere, but you are not a representative of myself and officers I have talked to.

08-24-2007, 01:49 AM
OK, Moral, Can I ask a question? If moral is so bad here, then why, why I ask is the bickering worse, I say worse on other agency boards, for example ones up north of our county and in our county. Why are brother & sister officer attacking each other on other boards at other agencies?

If the grass is so greener at other agencies, did you look at their postings for God's sake??????

Sorry, I'll choose to stay here.

08-24-2007, 02:18 AM
I wonder Mr. Haworth? ...Why is it that you harbor such resentment and dislike for others at your agency..Why do you harbor such dislike for certain Detectives...Why is it that you harbor such dislike for for one possibly both of your Dare officers....Why is it that you love a certain handful of your officers but could care less about the rest...And why is it that when you dislike someone, you let everyone know it..

08-24-2007, 10:34 AM
That's not true at all, I've known him for almost 6 years and I never have known him to be anything but fair, Sounds like you have a problem with him, why don't you go face to face? Why are you worried about others so much? Do you always worry about who likes other officers? What you say is not credible or true at all, nice try though.

08-24-2007, 12:54 PM
If you don't believe MORALE is down your full of crap. I love when officers come on this post and say "Don't speak for me". STATE RETIREMENT!!!!!!!!!! Enough said!

08-24-2007, 02:42 PM
I had state retirement at the jail, I left it and came here. My point is DID YOU READ THE OTHER AGENCIES WITH STATE RETIREMENT ON THEIR LEO AFFAIRS BOARDS?????? They are at each others throat, Please read their postings, Is their morale better? Why do you ignore that fact? Only someone who can't better themself would work where they are unhappy.

08-24-2007, 04:20 PM
Since you enjoy and flaunt your title of Captain so much, why don't you address "Mr. Clayton" by his true title, Dr. Clayton Wilcox? And for Christ sake, quit kissing up (or down) to ML all the time...she's got the hint...sheeeeez :roll:

08-24-2007, 05:02 PM
This is silly, you are using two oficer's names and you hide, That is shameful. If you are so unhappy here QUIT!! Or can't you get hired anywhere? I would be a complete ass to work at a place that I can't stand! Your family is ashamed of you that you work at a place you hate so much.

08-24-2007, 05:13 PM
What a stupid post. Haworth chose to come on here with his almighty statement and name others through initials. That makes him fair game according to the rules regs of this site. and I didn't see you post your name or are you just hiding????

08-24-2007, 07:01 PM
For those of you who have issues with the man. He invited you come see him or call him if you had questions. Please do so.

You won't because you are a coward. A sniper, afraid of retaliation because you won't be able to back up your claims. You think you know all but you don't you pick and choose your news to fit your already made up mind. I only wish your already made up mind was to leave this agency.

You are the worst of the worst.

A coward among us, an enemy sniper.

Forget about our enemies on the street, we have one in our locker room.

PS look in the mirror and you will see the one who is truly acting the fool.

08-24-2007, 07:42 PM
hey guest, wonder why was right. mh has a few favorites and he plays them. the rest of us he couldnt care about. so you must be be one of his favorites. i dont take offense because its all political anyway and mh is a politician poising himself for his next step. does that bother me? no. but dont act like it dosnt exist and dont act like we all have to like it. it happens at every agency so my best advice is just do your job and if you dont fall under the chosen ones catagory be happy you have a means to make a living. as far as snipers? mh got on here and spoke his mind and others are doing the same so what the heck is the problem?

08-24-2007, 08:23 PM
I agree, only a FOOL like you would work for an agency that you complain about. You are outnumbered coward. You just can't go anywhere else can you? You are surely miserable, I would just be sick to work where I am not happy, that's why your marriage is falling apart too!

08-24-2007, 08:35 PM
My question is why Haworth is using this public site to discuss internal issues that should be kept internal? If he is going to do that he deserves any comments, positive or negative in reference to him or his post. I didn't even believe he had made the post until this morning. Like it or not, if you cross him retaliation does come into play and alot of us know it in case your interested guest #1. Have you taken a poll lately? Cross him and you'll be scrubbing the locker room floors. As far as the sniper reference? Pleeeeese. How much more melodramatic can you get. Thats funny. Stay safe now, skippy...

08-24-2007, 08:41 PM
I typed m-e-l-o-d-r-a-m-a-t-i-c not, --I'm an idiot!!!-- Whats up w/ the instant editing?????

08-24-2007, 08:43 PM
Why did Haworth come here to offer an explanation? Because this is where all the complaining and whining is done. Whether he likes you or not, whether you like him or not, you can walk into his office at any time and state your problems with him or the agency. I have gone into his office myself, completely unannounced and closed the door behind me. Stated my gripes, said that I didn't agree with him or the agency, and he offered the best explanation he had..I didn't agree with it, but he is one of the bosses and I accept it. It wasn't a big enough issue for me to leave the agency, so I am still here..

If you have a problem, and you think he is playing favorites, man up, or woman up, and go talk to him. He above all others up stairs will listen. Or come here, and complain, and cry and get nothing done. It's up to you.

08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
Agreed LMAO :lol:

08-24-2007, 10:02 PM
Look, the only reason MH posted here was because he tries to act as if he's still "in touch" and get brownie points. Too late. It's not a like or dislike issue, it's a trust issue and from what I hear there is a growing # of troops who don't trust. May go with the position but thats the way it is.

08-24-2007, 10:25 PM
hey I agree, Go drink some more kool aid and put your knee pads on. And the fool you talked about (marriage falling apart) how so? He's with Your woman. FOOL :shock:

08-25-2007, 01:48 AM
.......Hey Mike, it's Mr. Wilcox. Clayton is his first name. Maybe Clay to you the way you're dropping names. Nice memo though. You sound like a true politician, ya know, believe your own bullsh1t???

.......Hey Mike, it's Mr. Wilcox. Clayton is his first name. Maybe Clay to you the way you're dropping names. Nice memo though. You sound like a true politician, ya know, believe your own bullsh1t???

08-25-2007, 03:03 AM
Triple clicker. Mike don't play politician. Be a cop. It was unpleasant reading your post. Stay with what got you there. You'll get there it you don't screw it up.

08-25-2007, 02:52 PM
true hayworth was at least a good cop before he climbed the chain. thats more then we can say for the rest and that includes alot of other agencies.

08-25-2007, 07:01 PM
I have no dog in this fight, but let me ask:

1. Are the SWAT snipers cowards? They take literal shots at people from a safe position. The target is unaware of who is taking shots at them. Is that cowardice? Should the snipers hop down from the roof and take on the suspect mano y mano? Of course not! The same applies with going directly to Admin and expressing your displeasure with anything, it is not tactically prudent to do so.

Can we stop calling people cowards who express their opinion here? Are you so insecure that you can have no dissent? Trust me Haworth is big boy and I'm sure a little griping doesn't bother him at all. I wish I could tell a few folks exactly what I think of them, but that would lead to official complaints and maybe a fight, which would be just fine with me. There is plenty of sneakiness and shadiness all over this agency, with the disgruntled and gruntled alike.

2. Can we just please stipulate once and for all that no one here is the spokesman for anyone else. Can we just agree that no one poster is speaking for anyone else? Can we stop retorting with "You don't speak for me"...it is not an intelligent response and it actually makes no sense logically. No debate was ever won with that response. That point is a given, it has been established, can we stop saying it.

3. Also can we stop telling people to leave if they don't like it? That response is also getting tiresome. "I hate the color of paint they chose for the hallways"...."If you don't like it go somewhere else". "I don't care for the Coke Zero in the soda machines"..........."Leave if you don't like it, the grass isn't always greener at other agency's soda machines". I get it. We all get it.

Please, either debate the merits of the argument or start your own post. That is not an intelligent counterpoint to any argument involving adults. I don't agree with endless or pointless whining either, but what is it hurting? Can't a person actually like it here and think that a particular aspect of this agency should be changed? I think if you are complaining about something you should at least offer a solution in your argument.

In my opinion, moral is down, but it is because of the current contract prospects, not because of anything the leadership is doing. I feel lucky to have a paycheck, insurance, and a take home. For me, it's just a job, my private life is what matters. I stopped caring about anything, except my work standard and my victims.

08-26-2007, 12:54 AM
You think morale is down, OK, but you don't speak for me, that is your opionion. Also if you are so unhappy here, quit. I would never work at a place and whine, I would move on, I did that at the jail, I didn't like it, But I didn't stay and whine, I moved on like you should. You are not my spokesperson, you think morale is down, not me.

08-26-2007, 01:55 AM
Morale is great!

08-26-2007, 04:16 AM
The sniper reference is a solid representation of what happens on this board.

An anonymous person comes on here with often times bad information or a twisted perception of fact and attempts to character assinated there pre-determined target.

I am sorry if you cannot see the parallel to a SWAT sniper who attempts to elimate a pre-determined target.

The problem with this entire forum is we air our dirty laundry on this forum that copwatch, city council, and others routinely read.

If one person says morale is down, others who disagree are quick to post counter arguements because we know others read this.

This agency has issues, others have more, some probably have less but to come on this site and complain about things does absolutely nothing. When has complaining about anything been helpful. Do something about it, come up with ideas. However, most complainers can't come up with their own ideas because most can stand to have their own ideas strutinized or they are plain lazy.

Either way, I tired of hearing you complain. If you don't like it, do what you can to change it, accept it, or move on. It is really a simple concept. I can't imagine what a misreable life some of you have if all you can do is complain.

08-26-2007, 03:35 PM
Siiiiiiigh...get a friggin life for gawd sake...elimate? pre-determined target??? Go to Iraq or something. Sooooo much drama.

08-27-2007, 02:18 PM
Thats all the rebuttle you got....

Figures....

You want to attack the previous poster for a using a three line phrase you think is too much....but you can't counter his / or her arguement...

Not surprising...

02-28-2008, 03:06 PM
Mr Battles says if you sissies don't stop wimpering and crying HE'S GONNA LEAVE THE DAMN CITY

03-03-2008, 07:49 AM
Personally, I have Battles as my write in vote for the City Council. I love BISCUIT!