PDA

View Full Version : Walgreens -Sgt. Reyka

08-14-2007, 02:29 PM
I believe that Sgt. Reyka was probably killed by two individuals that were getting ready to do an armed robbery at the Walgreens. Although the $106,000.00 reward is great, it may take more money for individuals to come forward. I think that Walgreens should donate money towards the reward fund. If you feel the same way I do, you can call the Walgreens corporate office at 1-847-914-2500.
I think that if the price is right, we will get our break and bring justice to the Reyka family, god bless.

08-15-2007, 03:11 AM
I believe I heard that Walgreens will be providing college scholarships to his children. Can anyone verify if this is true? I'll be a Walgreens customer for life.

08-15-2007, 04:57 AM
The Gold sheild fondation started by George Steinbrener will do this for the family, lok up the gold sheild foundation and someone get the information to the faimily

08-15-2007, 05:00 AM
http://www.newsbull.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=11739

08-15-2007, 03:40 PM
I love Walgreens. I'm there so much the manager goes out of his way to give me an employee discount (don't tell IA) I'll ask them today what's up. I think this is a new situation for them and they have to go thru corporate channels to get funds to donate. Don't think badly of them (and it's not the discount talking). They do work from the heart.

08-16-2007, 12:12 AM
Dont know if it will help, but I sent Walgreens an email last night asking them if they would contribute to the memorial or crimestoppers funds.
Hopefully they can

08-16-2007, 06:03 PM
Kudos to Walgreens!!!!!......Please see their response from my email

Thank you for taking your time to contact our Corporate Offices. We
appreciate hearing
from our customers and value all comments received.

Our hearts are heavy as we share your sorrow over the tragic death of
Sergeant Chris
Reyka. We have extended our condolences and prayers to Sergeant Reyka's
wife, his
four children and the Broward County Sheriff's Office. We understand
that
Chris Reyka
was a particularly well-loved and highly respected officer. To lose
someone of his
caliber is an affront not only to those who knew him personally, but to
all
citizens of
Broward County who live more safely due to the dedication -- and heroism
--
of officers
like Chris. Everyone at our Broward County stores and here at Walgreens
corporate
offices in the Chicago area is deeply saddened by the community's loss.
As
an
expression of our sorrow, Walgreens has contributed $10,000 to the
education fund
established for Sergeant Reyka's children. Our thoughts are with you
all.

Again, thank you for letting us know about your satisfaction. We truly
appreciate your
thoughtfulness.

Sincerely,

Tonya P.
Supervisor, Consumer Relations

08-16-2007, 06:17 PM
Wow that Walgreens is one class act. Even though the incident occured in a Walgreens parking lot, realisticaly they are not obligated to give anything, and a corperate office thats all the way in Chicago feels for our loss and has donated to the education fund of Sgt Reyka's children. I deeply am impressed. I will be a loyal customer for a long time to come.

08-17-2007, 04:46 AM
I read the attached article in the Herald and lots of similiarities to the subject. White Vehicle(STOLEN), Subject wanted for Murder from Georgia that occurred Aug 5. Twice arrested for murder in Broward County. Believed to have fled here.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward ... 04752.html (http://www.miamiherald.com/news/broward/story/204752.html)

Unregistered
05-25-2017, 09:37 PM
This murder is a horrible, evil crime, but no arrest as of date is a tragedy.

Unregistered
05-25-2017, 10:17 PM
This murder is a horrible, evil crime, but no arrest as of date is a tragedy.

Wasn't the suspect killed by another shooter, or die in jail?

Unregistered
05-25-2017, 11:03 PM
The killer was killed in a shootout in Pembroke Pines. Do you live under a rock?

Unregistered
05-26-2017, 12:04 AM
No evidence for or against anyone gun never found if facts were proved then maybe would believe As I see it it is still unsolved

Unregistered
05-26-2017, 12:07 AM
Miami Dade SRT killed the suspect in Pines years ago

Unregistered
05-26-2017, 02:25 AM
Miami Dade SRT killed the suspect in Pines years ago

Not enough evidence to prove that he was the shooter. The Sheriff wanted to make some quick press when he was elected so the homicide boys came up with this suspect. The SA would have never taken the case with the evidence they got.

Unregistered
05-26-2017, 05:44 PM
This topic needs to be a sticky until solved. It's the least that can be done.

Unregistered
05-29-2017, 04:19 PM
Case closed. It was that guy Pines killed.

Unregistered
05-29-2017, 06:48 PM
Case closed. It was that guy Pines killed.

That's who the Homicide Det. Believes is the killer. Not enough evidence yet to clear the case....Still the only open LEO homicide case not solved!

Unregistered
05-29-2017, 07:55 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mEFnaNPyOnM
This scumbag killed 2 LEOs in 1957 and was only arrested and got life several years ago, so there is always hope.

Unregistered
05-29-2017, 08:10 PM
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gerald_Mason
Cliffnotes version