PDA

View Full Version : we need to stop 07ing our 15's

08-12-2007, 03:26 AM
we need to stop 07ing our backups guys. stop telling miami you will advise, advise what he has a gun shots fired, we dont need that. if there is no back up and you are an officer from a different net area and hear it go out back up the other officer and the hell with what the lt says safety first no one will write you up for that. lets stay safe and back each other up.

08-12-2007, 04:48 AM
sorry brother to busy transporting drinking in public arrest :shock:

08-12-2007, 05:25 PM
If I am transporting a 35 and a fellow officer needs a 15, I will back up the officer. What do you think the chances were that these BSO officers would have been shot if either of them ahd a 15. Safety first, I will gladly take a reprimand for responding to a 15 with a 39 in my car. Specially if there was no response for a back up. Come on brothers and sisters, let's lookout for each other, let's back each other up. We are not happy with the BK and the BS but let's not punish each other. Officer safety is the most important concern you should have when you come to work and throughout the shift.

08-12-2007, 05:57 PM
Many of you guys just take the calls without 15s and the dispatcher just gets happy because that's another call off the screen and the bridge officer will stop shaking in his/her pants if the brass walks in and sees calls holding. Who cares if the calls hold, if a unit takes a 19 there should be a 15 at all times. Stop the insanity of stupid details. Stop putting units on details that will get another officer hurt or in jeaopardy. We all know a few officers who will rather milk a call or take on a fake call not to help clear calls and think of safety first.
I don't have a badge i which to wear a black tape over but I do have a heart and the tape is there for I love you guys, take care at all times, WE love you all, think safety FIRST!

08-13-2007, 05:46 AM
Many of you guys just take the calls without 15s and the dispatcher just gets happy because that's another call off the screen and the bridge officer will stop shaking in his/her pants if the brass walks in and sees calls holding. Who cares if the calls hold, if a unit takes a 19 there should be a 15 at all times. Stop the insanity of stupid details. Stop putting units on details that will get another officer hurt or in jeaopardy. We all know a few officers who will rather milk a call or take on a fake call not to help clear calls and think of safety first.
I don't have a badge i which to wear a black tape over but I do have a heart and the tape is there for I love you guys, take care at all times, WE love you all, think safety FIRST!

I would never jump on any officer for disregarding himself on a call or showing delayed to back up another officer. Let the call hold. Maybe, just maybe, the staff will realize that we need more officers out here!

08-13-2007, 05:57 AM

I would never jump on any officer for disregarding himself on a call or showing delayed to back up another officer. Let the call hold. Maybe, just maybe, the staff will realize that we need more officers out here!

NAAAAAAAAAA

08-13-2007, 12:30 PM

NAAAAAAAAAA

coming from a dispatcher that raises you mulitple time asking how much more b4 you clear i got a 911 h/u that i need to get out and then qsm a sgt to take command

08-17-2007, 04:42 PM

NAAAAAAAAAA

coming from a dispatcher that raises you mulitple time asking how much more b4 you clear i got a 911 h/u that i need to get out and then qsm a sgt to take command

Yeah but remember that it is a sworn officer, Sgt. or Lt. on the bridge yielling at us to clear the screens. We couldn't care less how long you take on a call, believe me we have plenty to talk about while the calls hold. But then here comes the sworn bridge supervisor buzzing us yelling at us to clear the screen. So here again, it rest on your fellow sworn officer's shoulders. But ofcourse, we come out looking like the bad guys (Gals).

PLease back each other up, we do care about your saftey. MIlk calls all you want but when an officer needs a 15, clear and back them up.

03-28-2008, 02:19 AM
yueah, dont 07 your 15 anymore, man.

03-28-2008, 04:34 AM
How long before you clear?

03-28-2008, 09:50 AM
Folks I have taken 39's on two differant 3-15's. I guess you understand my position 15's don't you. The only other person you can rely on in the street is another officer. Not backing up another officer to me, is a firing offense.

03-28-2008, 10:58 AM
and on the same token, let's inform those certain someones who call for a 3-15 for just about anything not to take advantage of other officers who are handling important calls in the area.

03-28-2008, 07:24 PM

NAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah but remember that it is a sworn officer, Sgt. or Lt. on the bridge yielling at us to clear the screens. We couldn't care less how long you take on a call, believe me we have plenty to talk about while the calls hold. But then here comes the sworn bridge supervisor buzzing us yelling at us to clear the screen. So here again, it rest on your fellow sworn officer's shoulders. But ofcourse, we come out looking like the bad guys (Gals).

Remind those LT's/SGT's that you are a dispatcher with no AUTHORITY to clear any units,that is the sole responsability of the sector SGT,dispatchers are "SUPPORT" in other words you put out the call,it is up to the sector SGT to clear HIS units or not.Dispatchers are CIVILIANS with no AUTHORITY over SWORN OFFICERS,

PLease back each other up, we do care about your saftey. MIlk calls all you want but when an officer needs a 15, clear and back them up.

03-28-2008, 09:26 PM
OK I will.

03-29-2008, 05:37 PM
STOP TAKING 15s WHEN YOUO ARE 10-15 MINUTES AWAY. I HEAR IT ALL THE TIME. QSM A UNIT TO TAKE A 15 ON A VIOLENT 34 AT NW 13 AVE/64 STREET (LIBERTY SQUARE). "UNIT 11--, SHOW ME ON THE 15". DISP: WHAT IS YOUR RESPONDING QTH?" OFFICER: COURT HOUSE OR CENTRAL.....

WHY TO HELL WOULD YOU TAKE A 15 WITH ANOTHER COP WHEN YOU KNOW DAMN WELL HE/SHE IS GONNA GET THERE ATLEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOU. YOOU ALL NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND THNK "OFFICER SAFETY....NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT FOR YOUR CO-WORKERS AS WELL!!!!!!!

I don't have a badge i which to wear a black tape over but I do have a heart and the tape is there for I love you guys, take care at all times, WE love you all, think safety FIRST!stop taking 15s when you are 10-15 minutes away

03-31-2008, 05:20 PM
It sounds more like the supervisor not doing his/her job. That can get someone killed. Sign of a milker.

STOP TAKING 15s WHEN YOUO ARE 10-15 MINUTES AWAY. I HEAR IT ALL THE TIME. QSM A UNIT TO TAKE A 15 ON A VIOLENT 34 AT NW 13 AVE/64 STREET (LIBERTY SQUARE). "UNIT 11--, SHOW ME ON THE 15". DISP: WHAT IS YOUR RESPONDING QTH?" OFFICER: COURT HOUSE OR CENTRAL.....

WHY TO HELL WOULD YOU TAKE A 15 WITH ANOTHER COP WHEN YOU KNOW darn WELL HE/SHE IS GONNA GET THERE ATLEAST 10 MINUTES BEFORE YOU. YOOU ALL NEED TO GET YOUR HEAD OUT OF YOUR ARSES AND THNK "OFFICER SAFETY....NOT JUST FOR YOU BUT FOR YOUR CO-WORKERS AS WELL!!!!!!!

I don't have a badge i which to wear a black tape over but I do have a heart and the tape is there for I love you guys, take care at all times, WE love you all, think safety FIRST!stop taking 15s when you are 10-15 minutes away