PDA

View Full Version : Everglades City

gagme
08-10-2007, 01:36 AM
Hello. I'm a retired LEO from Miami Beach and was staying at Glades Haven on the weekend of the 4th. I noticed a lot of patrol activity in and around that area during that time. Late at night in where the cabins are. Lights off and the whole thing. Just wondering if there is something I should be aware of. My boat was secure on my trailer next to my cabin, and my equipment was inside. I was just wondering. Thanks.

Curios George
08-10-2007, 02:52 AM
If you are in fact a retired police officer then you should be aware that we would never give up any operational information on a public forum. If you are from Miami and have a boat then you should also be aware that we take human smuggling very serious.

Do you honestly think that we would take your word without verifying who you are? You could be part of a Cuban Smuggling group looking to gain information.

Real cops would never ask such a question...give us a break and nice try!

08-10-2007, 04:34 AM
Wow what a leap in judgement. Please dont think George represents the REAL COPS in Collier County.

Curios George
08-11-2007, 02:41 AM
Wow what a leap in judgement. Please dont think George represents the REAL COPS in Collier County.

Leap in judgment??

Are you kidding me??

Do you honestly believe that someone can just come to a public forum and say they are a cop and ask why other cops were in an area blacked out and we are suppose to believe them and tell them what they were doing?? I would have to question if you are a real cop for you to infer differently.

Real COPS in Collier County who have spent any time in this job know how important it is to keep your mouth shut about what we do and where we do it. If you think any less of this philosophy then you are not only a danger to yourself but to all of us at the agency. The philosophy is no different in regard to NOT talking to cops when they are in civilian clothes due to the fact that they may be in an investigative role. Such lack of common sense is a security risk.

Judging by your post it looks like out of the two of us I AM the real cop in Collier County!

08-11-2007, 03:35 AM
Your unreal George. I dont think your a real Deputy. Some of the stuff you post in this forum makes me think your a puzzle palace wonder, far removed from actual police work. Maybe the guy just wanted to know if it was a safe area to stay or if he should worry about his stuff getting stolen.
The guy is a registered user. Maybe PM him before you accuse him of something he may not be.

Paparazzi LEO
08-11-2007, 05:15 AM
I have to side with George on this one. I too took the post as suspicous but did not answer his question.

If the guy wanted to know if it was a safe area then he should have asked "Hey, is this a safe area or full of crime?"

Instead of ragging on George, maybe you should have just given the regitered user the crime stats for Everglades since you knew what he wanted and trusts that he is a cop.

The PM works both ways...OH but I guess that would require you to register too instead of posting under GUEST

08-11-2007, 11:47 AM
George you are unbelievable. Do you think it is a surprise to anybody on this planet that cops patrol parking lots of hotels and businesses with their lights off? Hell, I spend half my night driving around with my lights off! Nothing special going on...just patrol work...actually trying to catch a bad guy! I would love to find out who you are, so I can look up your handywork in wings....you tell us what a REAL cop you are...I'd love to see it....I am sure I could learn a trick or two.

08-11-2007, 12:56 PM
Just wondering if there is something I should be aware of.

1. Human Smuggler trying to get intel ?
2. Someone concerened about where they are staying?

My boat was secure on my trailer next to my cabin, and my equipment was inside.

1. Criminal stating where his tools of his trade are located ?
2. Someone concerned and smart enough to protect his property ?

I was just wondering. Thanks.

1. Criminal mind at work ?
2. Polite person ?

08-11-2007, 03:08 PM
Kudos to D7 for patrolling....the movie must have been over.

Curios George
08-11-2007, 07:49 PM
George you are unbelievable. Do you think it is a surprise to anybody on this planet that cops patrol parking lots of hotels and businesses with their lights off? Hell, I spend half my night driving around with my lights off! Nothing special going on...just patrol work...actually trying to catch a bad guy! I would love to find out who you are, so I can look up your handywork in wings....you tell us what a REAL cop you are...I'd love to see it....I am sure I could learn a trick or two.

You see Guest, your view of driving around at night with your lights off because you are conducting a normal patrol function looking for crime is based on one fact…that is all you have ever done.

When you get a few more years under the belt and stop worrying about how cool you look you will realize that there is more to law enforcement than patrol. You may then finally get assigned to do some real undercover and investigative work built around surveillance techniques. Only then will you realize the significance of the original request for information.

When and if you ever get to do investigative work bigger than what patrol officers do you will understand about counter-surveillance and why you should never trust anyone and always listen to who is talking.

Until such time you should read and learn not brag and boast. Then you would learn a trick or to by not compromising the identity or operation of things that are bigger than you.

08-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Well George...I have worked in such a capacity...very little special there...there are exceptions...but for the most part folks just hiding from uniform patrol. I am glad to see that your true colors are coming out...it seems you think that patrol is the bottom tier of the police world...good luck...when your wife calls 911 its not some fat guy with a goatee coming to save her....it's a green and white...show some respect!

Curios George
08-11-2007, 11:27 PM
My post was directed at you, not patrol. There was no slam on patrol. Attempting to twist the facts and make it appear that the focus was on patrol and not you is your personal spin on things, not mine.

My only true colors are to think about the bigger picture before you trust someone that you do not know on a public forum prior to releasing information.

Patrol is not the bottom tier of police work but it is the first level of training in this career. The lack of perception on your part about the events that this guy saw only led me to believe that you were only thinking that it had to be a patrol function and not a bigger situation.

Next time you are having a drug problem in D7 or D8, it just may be a fat guy with a goatee who develops enough PC to lock away your problem...show some respect.

08-12-2007, 11:22 AM
sumbody i think gorge said that patrol is th e first level of training. why isit then that so meny who work here have not wroked in patrol. some never some vary little and sum of them are now in the top eshellon.

ever wunder why som e people just have to open there pie holse and comment on evry thing evry one says or posts on this site? even i dont respond to evry thing or everybody.

i think it is time for a new sheriff and a new administration.

sept for the first word check owt the speling in the abuve sentince. :wink:

its erly sunday morning so i have to go now -- off to church. i will prey for those with flappin pie holes. :P

08-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Relax Georgie. Somebody just trying to upset you a bit.

ReelsouthernLeo
08-14-2007, 02:53 AM
I agree with George's take on this.

You never know who you are dealing with until you are face to face with them, looking them directly in the eye. I have seen many instances where countersurveillance was used against deputies. Many times right in front of our faces and most times we don't realize it until after it has passed. It's when you think back to someone's actions when you are passing by them, possibly with your guard down.

I don't want to be too dramatic about this issue, but it is something that happens daily if not hourly. Keep your guard up boys!

Gagme, Yes, Everglades city is a safe place. It's a small fishing community where most all of the locals keep to themselves.
If you have specific concerns about that area stop by the Everglades substation and speak with one of the deputies there. They can alert you to any unusual activity that you might have to watch out for.

08-19-2007, 03:59 PM
You guys can't even answer, or ignore, a simple question without making childish attacks on each other. Please grow up and act like the professionals that I know you are when you're at work.

Curios George, if you think the "retired cop" is trying to obtain operational information, simply say so in a somewhat less antagonistic manner. Maybe he is just a guy who was concerned about the area. Then again, maybe he is not. Either way, you don't have to be such an ass about it.

Paradise
08-19-2007, 04:28 PM
Hey guest, you should try living by your own advice. You tell everyone that we are acting childish with attcks on each other and you end your paragraph doing the same thing.

Just what we need. Another "Do as I say, not as I do" poster...