PDA

View Full Version : Uniforms

08-06-2007, 10:14 PM
Any of you cops in Cincy, ever get asked for ICE CREAM?

I have never observed such ridiculous uniforms. Seriouusly you guys look like the Good Humor Man!

09-26-2007, 09:32 PM
How true. They are the most untactical uniforms ever. There is nothing like coming around a conrner on a hot run glowing in your white shirt and hat.

10-21-2007, 01:02 PM
Former CPD,
Well said,That 5 point star hat cost a patrolman his life in Price Hill Incline shoot out years ago..A Florida Cop

Harry Callahan
10-24-2007, 01:03 AM
Please elaborate. I'm not familiar with this incident what happened ?

10-24-2007, 01:38 PM
Harry,
On 12-08-74 Sgt Charles Handorf was shot and killed by a barricaded subject armed with a long gun in Price Hill.Handorf as I recall took a place of assumed cover behind a driveway concrete retaining wall below the shooters home.As I recall it was night time anf the hat presented an ideal target for the shooter.I remember a serious out cry from the media and the public about the hats,I also recall that during the riots in Cincinnati,a temporary,dark shorts were issued to night shift patrol officers..Hope this helps you out..A Florida Cop(still humping calls}

Harry Callahan
10-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Yeah buddy. Patrol is where it's at. Been there and had my fun in the other units. Currently a Patrol Commander. We work 4 - 11.5hr days and then off for four. Being a rabid Buckeye fan, and person who cut his teeth as a rookie cop in Mid-Central Ohio, I attribute my remaining active on the job to good ole mid-western upbringing. One of these days real soon, I'm gonna click my heels three times and repeat..."There's no place like home." Keeping an eye out for real estate in my old haunts all the time. I'll probably keep a home down here too. I remember all the taxes I paid for 25 years before I left and I just know Ohio is gonna want to whack my state pension.

10-27-2007, 11:40 PM
Harry,
I have almost completed my time here on the West Coast of Florida and plan to return to Cincinnati on a part time basis at the least.Florida has one of the best pensions in the US however the property taxes and insurance on homes is over the top which will make it difficult to remain here,besides 35 years of dealing with pukes is enough.Time to enjoy life.
Best Regard,A Patrol Deputy{For Life}

PS>Find the story on Sgt Charles Handorf on ODM

12-09-2007, 06:41 AM
Harry,
On 12-08-74 Sgt Charles Handorf was shot and killed by a barricaded subject armed with a long gun in Price Hill.Handorf as I recall took a place of assumed cover behind a driveway concrete retaining wall below the shooters home.As I recall it was night time anf the hat presented an ideal target for the shooter.I remember a serious out cry from the media and the public about the hats,I also recall that during the riots in Cincinnati,a temporary,dark shorts were issued to night shift patrol officers..Hope this helps you out..A Florida Cop(still humping calls}

Where were you at in Fla. and why did you leave, do you think you made the right decision. White hats thats just crazy, if Im not mistaken wasn't 1 of your command staff once Metro PD from Dade County, you would have thought he would have learned better at the Miami Dade North campus..

12-09-2007, 06:42 AM
Harry,

12-15-2007, 02:41 PM
Broward County,
If you are refering to me I have been on the West Coast for the past 26 years.Presently with Mantaee County SO for 23.As to your question about Metro Dade I have no idea to whom you are referring to,sorry.

08-08-2008, 07:30 PM
Broward County,
If you are refering to me I have been on the West Coast for the past 26 years.Presently with Mantaee County SO for 23.As to your question about Metro Dade I have no idea to whom you are referring to,sorry.

[quote="guest"] panhandle Spiffiy is that you? Now just where are you going to work up north.. There isn't a department that could handle you or even me for that matter.. 8F80

08-08-2008, 07:35 PM
Yeah buddy. Patrol is where it's at. Been there and had my fun in the other units. Currently a Patrol Commander. We work 4 - 11.5hr days and then off for four. Being a rabid Buckeye fan, and person who cut his teeth as a rookie cop in Mid-Central Ohio, I attribute my remaining active on the job to good ole mid-western upbringing. One of these days real soon, I'm gonna click my heels three times and repeat..."There's no place like home." Keeping an eye out for real estate in my old haunts all the time. I'll probably keep a home down here too. I remember all the taxes I paid for 25 years before I left and I just know Ohio is gonna want to whack my state pension.

quote+ Harry I thought you were going to leave after you got your last patrol car, What happened? I moved up to the real south in Marianna Fl. Very quite and nice people... Stop by on your way to the snow country... Stan Hascher

12-17-2008, 07:56 PM
One time I heard that Chance Ransom walked up to a cop in Cincinnati and mistakenly asked him for an ice cream. The cop didn't have any, but the cop was so impressed that he went and bought him some Graters. True story.

11-01-2011, 02:54 AM
Cincinnati Police wear traditional police uniform, something most of you monkeys on here wouldn't know if it jumped up and bit you in the &%$. About 20 year some college educated moron that never was a beat cop, but made chief, decided police officers should wear baseball caps polo-shirts and shorts for a uniform. Now not only do you not look like police officers, you don't act like police officers. Because you no-longer feel like police officers.