PDA

View Full Version : Off Duty

08-06-2007, 06:17 PM
Can anyone give some advice on how to acquire an off duty job, if your in patrol and are not able to have your e mail on at all times during the day? Today, it took 2 minutes for a job to get snatched up. I know it's the only system we have for last minute jobs, but seeing as we now have a full time secretary for that, maybe they can go by the list via phone calls for the few jobs that come up last minute????

I know it will take a little extra effort, but days and day relief officers and officers on mids or who can't keep their lap top on all day at home, never have a chance at getting jobs. ANd if your waiting for one to be sent, that's not going to happen with any regularity.

08-08-2007, 02:39 AM
Believe me, after the guys running the show get their first dibs on every sweet job, the detectives who are in their offices all day swallow the rest up.

A little audit on who is accepting the jobs "FIRST" would show the inequity in the system.

You are very right, it is completely unfair that the guys working in patrol get the shaft again. What else is new?

08-09-2007, 09:05 PM
Well, my detective isn't getting any jobs. I know that for a fact. It's frustrating when you want them and they go so fast.

One word of advice, get the word out that you want them.

Spread the word that you need the money and others will think of you when they can't work their jobs.

:)

11-17-2007, 11:41 PM
Well, my detective isn't getting any jobs. I know that for a fact. It's frustrating when you want them and they go so fast.

Spread the word that you need the money and others will think of you when they can't work their jobs.

Back in the kitchen Shirley!!!!!

11-18-2007, 10:30 PM
[quote="detective's wife":okkjueba]Well, my detective isn't getting any jobs. I know that for a fact. It's frustrating when you want them and they go so fast.

Back in the kitchen Shirley!!!!![/quote:okkjueba]

Uhh, who's not minding their manners? All I see are people asking questions and other offering advice. :?: :?: :?:

11-26-2007, 07:00 PM
Just be like me. \

Get injured while on vacation, and go to the communications center and Do REAL GOOD.. get on their OT LIST and work 70 hours a week on Light Duty......

Sworn-Comm Center OT Queen

12-24-2007, 01:20 AM
I thought this was the Clearwater Police message board, not the detective wife/comm center person message board. Nobody cares.