PDA

View Full Version : BSO

08-05-2007, 09:47 PM
I was looking for an opinion in this matter, maybe some employees of the Broward Sheriff's Office can help?

I believe that the moral in the Sheriff's Office is very low, which causes many difficult situations within the BSO ranks. Due to the low moral we see a dividing factor within the agency, which causes several safety issues.

Since I have been with this agency I have seen a rise in Deputy involved incidents. Including Five deaths of Deputies, all which might have been preventable. I am not saying that they were 100% preventable, but with good moral might have been prevented.

The main thing is due to the current administration conducting themselves in a manner causing moral to be low, the after action briefs and trainings haven't even really been a issue. For instance what has the administration really done to address the issue of Deputy Seiqua (please excuse my misspelling of his name, R.I.P. Brother) tragic traffic stop on the highway. None really has there been, or how about Tephort's traffic stop. None really.

These events bring the moral down and when the administration doesn't step in to make change for the better, moral doesn't really improve....

I think after any major event there should be an after action brief, which would allow for good feedback and an understanding between the administration and deputies. With good cooperation from the feedback by the administration comes a effort to improve moral.

I still say we must unite as are four fathers said "United We Stand, Divided We Fall." I am asking for feedback on this, nothing more, what are your thoughts.

Deputy101

08-05-2007, 11:01 PM
I was looking for an opinion in this matter, maybe some employees of the Broward Sheriff's Office can help?

I believe that the moral in the Sheriff's Office is very low, which causes many difficult situations within the BSO ranks. Due to the low moral we see a dividing factor within the agency, which causes several safety issues.

Since I have been with this agency I have seen a rise in Deputy involved incidents. Including Five deaths of Deputies, all which might have been preventable. I am not saying that they were 100% preventable, but with good moral might have been prevented.

The main thing is due to the current administration conducting themselves in a manner causing moral to be low, the after action briefs and trainings haven't even really been a issue. For instance what has the administration really done to address the issue of Deputy Seiqua (please excuse my misspelling of his name, R.I.P. Brother) tragic traffic stop on the highway. None really has there been, or how about Tephort's traffic stop. None really.

These events bring the moral down and when the administration doesn't step in to make change for the better, moral doesn't really improve....

I think after any major event there should be an after action brief, which would allow for good feedback and an understanding between the administration and deputies. With good cooperation from the feedback by the administration comes a effort to improve moral.

I still say we must unite as are four fathers said "United We Stand, Divided We Fall." I am asking for feedback on this, nothing more, what are your thoughts.

Deputy101

Without writing a novel I will express a couple thoughts:
* Yes morale is low and many things contribute to it as you mention. There are too many uncertainties regarding the sheriff and command and a general distrust of them by most of the staff. That said, we sometimes have to make our own good morale by remaining positive and showing concern for our brother and sister deputies. We also need a spiritual belief and commitment within ourselves to understand and move on.
* We've had some deputies killed and injured and I don't think morale caused or influenced that but their death/injury also hurts our morale because we care about each other. We should be thankful that we have a Training Division that cares about us and steps up to keep us safe. They are understaffed and sometimes can't get things done because the messenger isn't on the inside. They tried to get OC pepper spray, Tasers, and patrol rifle years before we got them. Different messenger - great idea let's go for it.

Keep your head up, take the training and equipment provided seriously, be there when someone - deputy or citizen - needs help, and stay safe.

08-05-2007, 11:31 PM
I agree with the lack of after action training. I have yet to hear anything on what really happened the night Billings got killed working Coral Cadillac. No matter who did what that night, we can all learn from good and bad mistakes. I would like to know what out detectives found out so maybe it could save someones life one day by not doing the same thing. It will not change what happened that noght but it might change what happens on a future night. I think we could all benefit from tragic events so more don't happen.

08-07-2007, 12:51 AM

Deputy101

* Yes morale is low and many things contribute to it as you mention. There are too many uncertainties regarding the sheriff and command and a general distrust of them by most of the staff. That said, we sometimes have to make our own good morale by remaining positive and showing concern for our brother and sister deputies. We also need a spiritual belief and commitment within ourselves to understand and move on.
* We've had some deputies killed and injured and I don't think morale caused or influenced that but their death/injury also hurts our morale because we care about each other. We should be thankful that we have a Training Division that cares about us and steps up to keep us safe. They are understaffed and sometimes can't get things done because the messenger isn't on the inside. They tried to get OC pepper spray, Tasers, and patrol rifle years before we got them. Different messenger - great idea let's go for it.

Keep your head up, take the training and equipment provided seriously, be there when someone - deputy or citizen - needs help, and stay safe.

Agree, As long as we stick together and continue to show positive attitudes and nix the negativity in the butt we can make a difference in moral for ourselves.

Long Time BSO, I am proud to served with you in the agency, although I may or may not know you.

Signed

Deputy101

08-07-2007, 12:53 AM

Deputy101

Agree, As long as we stick together and continue to show positive attitudes and nix the negativity in the butt we can make a difference in moral for ourselves.

Long Time BSO, I am proud to served with you in the agency, although I may or may not know you.

Signed

Deputy101

08-07-2007, 05:32 PM

Deputy101

My thoughts are that you should buy a dictionary and stop relying on spellcheck it's not moral it's morale

08-07-2007, 08:38 PM

Deputy101

My thoughts are that you should buy a dictionary and stop relying on spellcheck it's not moral it's morale

Why thank you for the kind advise and for pointing out my grammatical error. I should have caught it, but didn't. I appreciate your advise, although I do not believe it will be neccessary for me to purchase a dictionary.
Deputy101

08-07-2007, 10:22 PM
Why is it necessary to point out a spelling error. Most likely it was a typo. That is typical of what is wrong with this agency. A bunch of pencil necks who will point out an error of little or no consequence. Why? It is because must of the pencil pushers we are hiring or are of supervision cannot teach anyone about police work.

We have a deputy near death and you assholes are still slamming your fellow deputies. Please pencil neck *****, go find another profession. I do not have any use for you wearing a uniform.

08-07-2007, 10:57 PM
First of all if it were a typo, then it's a typo that happened 4 times. Second my response was meant as a joke nothing more. Third I did not comment on Deputy101's ability to do his job or call him names as you have about me. I am sure that I could never live up to your perception of the perfect law enforcement officer I left my red cape at the dry cleaners.

The one thing that I do agree with you on is that our thoughts and prayers should go out to the Deputy who was injured today, and to his family.

05-14-2008, 01:23 AM

Deputy101

05-14-2008, 01:59 AM
It should also be "AN effort to" not "a" effort to.