PDA

View Full Version : Get over yourselves... bashing the promoted...

Get over yourself
08-03-2007, 01:51 PM
I wanted to come forward and say something... for all of you that bash anyone that is being promoted do yourself a favor and get over yourself... what proof do you have of a contribution to anyone's campaign... were you there? Did you assist in the collect of the campaign money? ... I didnt think so... all you have is negativity... thats pathetic... your supposed to present yourselves in a respectable manner, but obviously you forgot about all those things that you were sworn too... you know what, if you dont like the promotions so much then why do you do something, like I dont know... something positive... show that your capable and ready instead of whining like a little child... or how about you have the testicular fortitude and step up to that individuals face that your bashing and say what you have said here... oh thats right you cant, because your scared to confront anyone or anthing face to face... and I wanted to congratulate any and all that are being promoted... especially those who "contributed" to the cause, I cant stand individuals that run at the mouth... your like 7/11 you never close, and all that goes in and out is trash...

08-03-2007, 04:10 PM
you know what, if you dont like the promotions so much then why do you do something, like I dont know... something positive... show that your capable and ready instead of whining like a little child....

You really are an idiot, and most likely a recent promoted employee. What exactly would be positive? How about the top person on the list for the last two exams get passed over time and time again. Did he not do something positive like scoring the highest on the test? I guess that doen's matter to somebody like you..There are many deputies on the list that have to celebrate passover year round because the system here is beyond broken. The ones that get promoted and deserve it are far and few between. So if people want to vent then let them.

08-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Scoring high on tests does not make you good for a job or even qualify you for it. And I like how you are calling people idiots, when you are incapable of spelling, IE: "I guess that doen's matter to somebody like you..". The word is spelled doesn't, and its not proper to use contractions, or do you not know what that word means.

08-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Neither is bribing with campaign contributions....prime example of someone who shouldn't be promoted.

08-04-2007, 01:06 AM
you know what, if you dont like the promotions so much then why do you do something, like I dont know... something positive... show that your capable and ready instead of whining like a little child....

You really are an idiot, and most likely a recent promoted employee. What exactly would be positive? How about the top person on the list for the last two exams get passed over time and time again. Did he not do something positive like scoring the highest on the test? I guess that doen's matter to somebody like you..There are many deputies on the list that have to celebrate passover year round because the system here is beyond broken. The ones that get promoted and deserve it are far and few between. So if people want to vent then let them.

AMEN ! AMEN ! YOU SAID IT STRAIGHT, SAID IT WELL. THANK YOU ! :)

08-04-2007, 01:11 AM
Scoring high on tests does not make you good for a job or even qualify you for it. And I like how you are calling people idiots, when you are incapable of spelling, IE: "I guess that doen's matter to somebody like you..". The word is spelled doesn't, and its not proper to use contractions, or do you not know what that word means.

BEFORE YOU CRITIZE YOU FRUSTRATED LITTLE..... MAKE SURE YOUR "ITS" ARE TO PAR ...IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN IT'S OR IT IS. NOW JUST KEEP ON PASSING THROUGH AND GET THE HELL OTTA HERE. HOW'S THAT FOR SPELLING? DON'T HAVE A COW MAN. YOU'RE ON THE LEDGE.

08-04-2007, 01:18 AM
I wanted to come forward and say something... for all of you that bash anyone that is being promoted do yourself a favor and get over yourself... what proof do you have of a contribution to anyone's campaign... were you there? Did you assist in the collect of the campaign money? ... I didnt think so... all you have is negativity... thats pathetic... your supposed to present yourselves in a respectable manner, but obviously you forgot about all those things that you were sworn too... you know what, if you dont like the promotions so much then why do you do something, like I dont know... something positive... show that your capable and ready instead of whining like a little child... or how about you have the testicular fortitude and step up to that individuals face that your bashing and say what you have said here... oh thats right you cant, because your scared to confront anyone or anthing face to face... and I wanted to congratulate any and all that are being promoted... especially those who "contributed" to the cause, I cant stand individuals that run at the mouth... your like 7/11 you never close, and all that goes in and out is trash...

GET OVER YOURSELF.. SHOW OFF.

08-04-2007, 02:29 AM

You are really out of the loop, on this one, you have to be one of the special ones who was just chosen recently, who's ass did you kiss? You should call up Ron Barerez from District 15 and talk to him if you want to know about unfair. He got the highest score on the sergeants test and still has not been promoted. Oh, yeah that is right you said that test scores aren't everything, well Ron has been around for 10 years and has been a SET detective and a damn good one at that, he has been in SID in the Street Narcotics Unit, he is currently in C.I. and doing a great job there, not to mention he is the DLE Deputy of the year for the entire agency. This is just his story in a nutshell, if you talk to anyone he has worked with everyone likes and respects him. If you talk to any of his supervisors they all like him, respect him, and recommended him for promotion. So what else do you suggest someone like him does. If you think someone like Ron is going to kiss ass or in some cases wipe asses, IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!! So you can keep on telling yourself that you deserved your promotion, but the people who know you know how you really got it, and they know what type of person you are. I do not claim to deserve to have been promoted, but I dare you to compare yourself to Ron and tell me that you deserved it more than him. As for your comment about testicular fortitude, I believe Ron requested a meeting with Colonel Auer a few weeks ago, but has not been approved for this meeting yet, I guess Colonel Auer has been too busy. What advice do you have now Mr. Know it all?

08-04-2007, 01:22 PM

You are really out of the loop, on this one, you have to be one of the special ones who was just chosen recently, who's arse did you kiss? You should call up Ron Barerez from District 15 and talk to him if you want to know about unfair. He got the highest score on the sergeants test and still has not been promoted. Oh, yeah that is right you said that test scores aren't everything, well Ron has been around for 10 years and has been a SET detective and a darn good one at that, he has been in SID in the Street Narcotics Unit, he is currently in C.I. and doing a great job there, not to mention he is the DLE Deputy of the year for the entire agency. This is just his story in a nutshell, if you talk to anyone he has worked with everyone likes and respects him. If you talk to any of his supervisors they all like him, respect him, and recommended him for promotion. So what else do you suggest someone like him does. If you think someone like Ron is going to kiss arse or in some cases wipe asses, IT AINT GOING TO HAPPEN!!!!!! So you can keep on telling yourself that you deserved your promotion, but the people who know you know how you really got it, and they know what type of person you are. I do not claim to deserve to have been promoted, but I dare you to compare yourself to Ron and tell me that you deserved it more than him. As for your comment about testicular fortitude, I believe Ron requested a meeting with Colonel Auer a few weeks ago, but has not been approved for this meeting yet, I guess Colonel Auer has been too busy. What advice do you have now Mr. Know it all?

I work in Dist. 1 and I do not know this Ron guy but if this story is true it is disgusting. I can think of about 20 people recently promoted that should give him their stripes. Keep your head up, things will change they always do.

08-04-2007, 11:46 PM
Sorry Ron, either learn to kiss ass or stay a deputy, with this administration that is the only way to get promoted. Hopefully change is on the horizon......

08-05-2007, 02:45 AM
What are you waiting for man, people have sued with much less evidence? There is no shame in filing a lawsuit, if they will not give you what you rightly deserve, then you must take it. This sounds like an easy case for any decent attorney.

08-05-2007, 02:51 AM

When the only measure being used to establish a promotional list is a test, then scores on that test definitely do mean something. Something tells me if you got the highest score on the test you would be singing a different tune. Instead you are probably one of the ass kissing weasels that they curved the test for, so that you could have a passing score and they could promote you.

08-05-2007, 01:59 PM
What are you waiting for man, people have sued with much less evidence? There is no shame in filing a lawsuit, if they will not give you what you rightly deserve, then you must take it. This sounds like an easy case for any decent attorney.

Exactly! Recently a couple of sergeants were going to sue if they didn't get promoted because they had served in the military. BSO caved in and promoted them.

08-05-2007, 08:35 PM

Exactly! Recently a couple of sergeants were going to sue if they didn't get promoted because they had served in the military. BSO caved in and promoted them.

I can not help but think what a shame it is, when the Deputy of the year and the person who got the highest score on the Sgt.'s test has to look into a lawsuit to get promoted. What has this place come to?

01-24-2010, 11:50 PM
Things are the same.

01-25-2010, 03:48 AM
I couldn't agree more with the comments made by the person who started this! Stop whining about people not deserving to be promoted!!! I, for example got promoted the old fashioned way....by hard work, dedication and one hell of a mean BJ.... :snicker:

01-25-2010, 06:58 AM

I am just guessing here , but I bet they were Iraqi war vets , and they should get credit for it. I think they call it veterans points.