PDA

View Full Version : Working Conditions?

08-02-2007, 08:48 PM
I understand the dynamics of the patrol division regarding function and responsibility. That being said here are some questions from someone highly intersted in SJSO:

1: Understanding calls for service are first, is there adequate time to conduct proactive patrol techniques? eg "traffic"-looking for drug arrests, warrants, etc

2: Has your agency implemented a system that reduces paperwork for most actions? (paperless system) In other words can a deputy respond to a residential burglary, complete the report correctly after conducting a thorough investigation and be 10-08 rather quickly to be proactive?

3: What is the projected starting pay as of October 2007? From an earlier post on this site it was projected to be $36,000.00. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

4: Are the housing costs reasonable in St. Johns County? I understand I can conduct my own research and generate data to answer this quesiton on my own however, I wanted some local input.

I can honestly say that I have spoken with several members of your agency and I always get the same response---"The best agency in the state". Be safe....

Thanks,
Oneasterisk

09-08-2007, 07:44 PM
look at the ride along thread.