PDA

View Full Version : All new Sgts PLEASE READ

08-02-2007, 08:49 AM
To all newly promoted Sergeants, this is just a friendly message from the guys (and ladies) you are going to work with, no matter what the district..

As you may see alot here, and even hear at work itself...moral is fiercly low at this department. We are facing a big change in the next month (or so we hear) with a possible new Sheriff...with that will hopefully come a change in culture at this once great agency..

We (the troops) are frustrated, we understand that while some of the selections for promotion were made for reasons that may not be fair, you MADE it. Now your in, and with the coming change at the top WE NEED YOU TO HEAR US...

Just remember these things..Most of the troops you will meet and work with are GOOD cops, we have worked hard, been all around this place, and paid our dues in bad situations..

We do not need to be nit picked, barked at, threatened, insulted or spoke condescendingly to. Now as always there will be a small percentage that DO need special attention, your job is to get with senior Sgts that can guide you as to who is a problem, or a rookie that just needs guidance....But moreover you should be able to spot them yourself.

You are now in a position to start the CHANGE here, you can make us ENJOY coming to work on your respective squads...REMEMBER where you came from, if you are there for us, we will stand behind YOU.

08-02-2007, 10:23 PM
If I wonted you opion I would have told it to you. Just show up to work on time and do your job that you are being paid for. Stop your *****ing about what others have gotten or what others are doing and just worry about yourself. Who the F made you the expert on who should or should not have been promoted. Take your frustration out on your dog and leave it at home and just do your job. All of us that were promoted have more then enough time on the job to know that there are good deputies and don't need some jake off like you to point it out. You need to pray to God that you are not in the district I have been assigned to. If you continue with this “my sh*t don’t stink” attitude, you will be easy to point out and I guarantee, you will learn what miserable is.

08-02-2007, 10:55 PM
WHAT? WAS THERE A REASON FOR THAT? WHAT DIST. ARE YOU IN? HEY DIST. 14. THANKS. :roll:

08-02-2007, 11:45 PM
Both of you are idiots!!!!!

08-03-2007, 01:28 AM
Perfect example Dist 14, "WONTED". HMMMM......

08-03-2007, 01:46 AM
Well that would be the response form a guy who spent his whole career going, "May I see your ID sir? Terminal 4 is down the road to the left."

08-03-2007, 02:27 AM
If I wonted you opion I would have told it to you. Just show up to work on time and do your job that you are being paid for. Stop your *****ing about what others have gotten or what others are doing and just worry about yourself. Who the F made you the expert on who should or should not have been promoted. Take your frustration out on your dog and leave it at home and just do your job. All of us that were promoted have more then enough time on the job to know that there are good deputies and don't need some jake off like you to point it out. You need to pray to God that you are not in the district I have been assigned to. If you continue with this “my sh*t don’t stink” attitude, you will be easy to point out and I guarantee, you will learn what miserable is.

Better to keep your mouth closed and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt.

Planning the misery of subordinates is not a leadership skill taught in any supervision course I've ever heard of or attended. No, I think it's more of an innate ability sought out by our current regime.

The force is strong in this district 14 sergeant! I can feel my neck tightening already.

http://img40.picoodle.com/img/img40/9/8/2/f_vaderm_28a99d5.jpg

08-03-2007, 04:52 AM
Someone get a Signal 14 and find out who the new Sergeant is over at D14, we have found our pink elephant I was worried about ladies and gentleman...and he sounds like a real cops cop. Enjoy looking at your new gold sleeves in the mirror at home, cause we are laughing at you already.

08-03-2007, 05:05 AM
Oh and let me clarify, by "New Sgts" I mean the ones promoted in the last year or so, not specifically the last round last month. If the post bothers you, well then you must be one of the "special" promotions we are all so dissapointed about anyway. I thought my post was quite professional and what this site was all about in lieu of all the posts personally attacking specific guys for whatever reason.

08-03-2007, 12:40 PM

"If I wonted you opion..." What in the heck is that! I'm scared to think of what the future holds for BSO when you can't properly formulate a sentence. If you are the one reviewing officers reports, I certainly hope there is a qualified Lt. reviewing them after you. This is a public forum, you really should check your spelling and grammar before hitting the submit button.

03-05-2008, 06:32 PM
well

03-06-2008, 02:53 PM

"If I wonted you opion..." What in the heck is that! I'm scared to think of what the future holds for BSO when you can't properly formulate a sentence. If you are the one reviewing officers reports, I certainly hope there is a qualified Lt. reviewing them after you. This is a public forum, you really should check your spelling and grammar before hitting the submit button.

Really....Imnot sticking up for sgts, but do you truly think one would be stupid enough to reply and post the above statement knowing he/she could screw themselves by doing so? Or do you think it was an angry subordinate speaking. Id have to go angry employee. Because if a person in any type of management writes something like that to employees, they should be immediately terminated. So really...think about it...i dont think its anything to get offended over because i dont think its a sgt writing it.

03-06-2008, 03:28 PM
What is really so bad about D14? If you don't like it, can't you transfer out?

03-06-2008, 03:33 PM
Oh and let me clarify, by "New Sgts" I mean the ones promoted in the last year or so, not specifically the last round last month. If the post bothers you, well then you must be one of the "special" promotions we are all so dissapointed about anyway. I thought my post was quite professional and what this site was all about in lieu of all the posts personally attacking specific guys for whatever reason.

Actually, what about some of the ones that were really recently promoted, last couple of months? Any opinions on them?

03-06-2008, 04:17 PM

Where is district 14. I've never heard of it? Sounds like a piece of chit for a sergeant.

03-06-2008, 04:19 PM

Where is district 14. I've never heard of it? Sounds like a piece of chit for a sergeant.

Port Everglades