PDA

View Full Version : Thursday D-Day for the sheriff?

08-01-2007, 03:38 PM
From channel 10 news (local10.com):

Meeting With Prosecutors Could Decide Sheriff's Fate
Federal Grand Jury Investigates Ken Jenne's Financial Dealings

POSTED: 5:00 pm EDT July 31, 2007
UPDATED: 6:35 pm EDT July 31, 2007

Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne will meet Thursday with federal prosecutors in one last attempt to avoid an indictment on fraud charges, Local 10 reported.

A federal grand jury has been investigating Jenne and allegations that he used the sheriff's office for personal gain.

His attorney, David Bogenshutz said he and Jenne have met once before with prosecutors but the meeting Thursday will be the last chance to try to reach some kind of agreement to avoid an indictment.

In his only on-camera interview on the subject, Jenne told Local 10's Rad Berky a year ago that he would not discuss specific questions about a loan that is at the heart of the case. It was a $20,000 loan that was made by developer Phil Procacci to Jenne's secretary Marian Yoka, who then allegedly gave the money to Jenne.

"I've been advised by my people not to talk directly, but the federal government and the state have to do what they have to do," Jenne told Local 10.

Jenne eventually repaid the loan but only after investigators started asking questions about his finances, Local 10 reported.

Bogenshutz would not discuss details of Thursday's pivotal meeting that is set for the U.S. Attorney's office in Miami that could decide the fate of one of the most powerful men in South Florida.

08-01-2007, 04:29 PM
We need this mess behind us and the Governor to take decisive action to get BSO back on track with an effective leader all will follow and be proud of.

Many names come up but most have lots of baggage. Seems that Gov's inside man and Dennis Creamer are cleanest. Creamer has support of many that knew him when he was here and has stayed in the business in Flagler County.

08-01-2007, 08:15 PM
From channel 10 news (local10.com):

Meeting With Prosecutors Could Decide Sheriff's Fate
Federal Grand Jury Investigates Ken Jenne's Financial Dealings

POSTED: 5:00 pm EDT July 31, 2007
UPDATED: 6:35 pm EDT July 31, 2007

Broward County Sheriff Ken Jenne will meet Thursday with federal prosecutors in one last attempt to avoid an indictment on fraud charges, Local 10 reported.

A federal grand jury has been investigating Jenne and allegations that he used the sheriff's office for personal gain.

His attorney, David Bogenshutz said he and Jenne have met once before with prosecutors but the meeting Thursday will be the last chance to try to reach some kind of agreement to avoid an indictment.

In his only on-camera interview on the subject, Jenne told Local 10's Rad Berky a year ago that he would not discuss specific questions about a loan that is at the heart of the case. It was a $20,000 loan that was made by developer Phil Procacci to Jenne's secretary Marian Yoka, who then allegedly gave the money to Jenne.

"I've been advised by my people not to talk directly, but the federal government and the state have to do what they have to do," Jenne told Local 10.

Jenne eventually repaid the loan but only after investigators started asking questions about his finances, Local 10 reported.

Bogenshutz would not discuss details of Thursday's pivotal meeting that is set for the U.S. Attorney's office in Miami that could decide the fate of one of the most powerful men in South Florida.

THANK YOU FOR THE INFO.. WHAT I CAN'T BELIEVE IS THAT THE WORM IS TRYING TO "AVOID INDICMENT?" "AVOID?" WHAT AN INSULT TO THE DEPUTIES THAT HAVE LOST THEIR JOBS BECAUSE OF HIM..... THEY WERE NOT GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITY TO "AVOID" GETTING FIRED... HE'S SUCH A FELON....

08-01-2007, 08:48 PM
There is light at the end of the tunnel fellow brothers and sisters...

08-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Don't any of you guys that work over in the palace have enough PC to lock him up?