PDA

View Full Version : Reports

07-27-2007, 12:01 PM
Ok, so I know the intentions are good, BUT:

The paperwork is killing us. Before you unleash a new, untested, directionless WEEKLY required report on the entire bureau, why not just try it in one district for a few weeks, solicit feedback, make any required changes and provide written direction to all when distributed bureau-wide.
Just a thought.

Also, 40 hour weeks are fab. Just remember though, the administrative time required for the submission and processing of the reports. Keep the officers happy at all costs but remember they work for armed secretaries.

Happy 2b here!
:D

07-27-2007, 02:46 PM
The initial implementation of the new reports was not the best, nor are the forms themselves. However, the idea behind it is to capture more data about our job function in order to have evidence to present toward the case for more officers.

I am willing to do some extra paperwork for that.

07-29-2007, 03:27 PM
The initial implementation of the new reports was not the best, nor are the forms themselves. However, the idea behind it is to capture more data about our job function in order to have evidence to present toward the case for more officers.

I am willing to do some extra paperwork for that.

In the midst of these budget cuts, the chances of getting any new positions is slim indeed. Good luck.

07-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Considering it has been less than six months since we had our entire new administration take over, I for one, am very excited seeing what is happening.

What is one more form to fill out? With all the paperwork we have now, I would much rather have a weekly report that will get looked at verses the monthly that is too complicated for anyone to see let alone understand.

As for seeing new positons this year, don't count on it. But if we ask and can't back it up with numbers that are current, nothing will happen.

Fill in the form and send it to your Lt for grading.

08-02-2007, 01:06 AM
I'm not sure what to enter under pouching and monies....is this a measure of how many koalas and kangaroos I've bagged on patrol and what they were sold for?

Thanks for not making the columns total :x You expect me to perform mathematic calculations on this salary? please.

08-02-2007, 01:21 AM
Did anyone notice that the reports have to be printed at 3 pages per officer?

The forests are crying, or maybe the state pension fund is heavily invested in Georgia Pacific. :cry:

08-02-2007, 10:28 AM
Is it me or is "Possession of A/B" (assuming A/B is alcoholic beverage) not a violation and hasn't been for a while? Why don't they just test the new forms out in the field before sending them out to everyone and changing it 4 to 6 times? Just let me do my job, get a computer program that will automatically total what they are looking for, I am sure they are out there. It's gotta to get better don't you think? I have an idea, solicit input from the field, HUM a novel concept :snicker:

08-02-2007, 12:00 PM
All I can say is one step forward and two steps back :cry:

08-02-2007, 06:45 PM
"Diving head first in swimming area"? Cmon. Is that stat really going to be used in order to get more positions? I think not. Some folks would say that a safe rule for effective communication when the communication is written on paper is to keep it to one page.

Is this a TW gift? If so, we're not impressed. :wink:

08-03-2007, 02:52 AM
We have been instructed to send the reports to "Tallahassee". My global address list does not have tallahassee.florida@dep.state.fl.us - how about giving us a person to send them to?

Let us know who is in charge of what...maybe we can help.

Unfortunately, this is what occurs when outsiders are hired that have no idea what we do (and yes, the IG's office is "outside")

Don't have disdain for everyone below you...perhaps one or two of them may have some decent ideas.

Communicate with respect. Don't be a chief cinco. :roll:

08-06-2007, 03:29 PM
So..what is the proportion of administrative hours to patrol hours?

Are the reports reflecting how much time an ill-thought out request for information takes from our primary function?

8)

08-07-2007, 04:28 AM
Network television was making a new series about the new administration, but the series name was already taken---"Lost." Thanks to the big wheel-er who recruited this dream team.

08-21-2007, 03:29 AM
I must agree with you all about the forms issue. I will not bad mouth our computer or IT people, who create the forms, but the reports are not "road" tested and that really shows when police officers have to fill them out on the street. Just like the postings in this forum suggest there are issues like being forced to use drop down boxes for some blocks, the lack of autofill (where a couple of letters from a word on the drop down list are typed and it fills in the rest of the word), and having to redundantly type the same basic information over and over on separate reports. A simple solution would be to use a database type of form that inserts repetitious information to all the reports under that case number.
Come on people let's get into the 1980's! I implore Director Barnet not to allow any further forms or reports to hit the streets until a "focus group" of officers, who will be filling them out, have an opportunity to road test them and make changes.

Changes for the better; that is all. No complaining, no whining, just improving. That's all. :idea: