PDA

View Full Version : shifts

07-26-2007, 08:59 PM
How do you guys work your shifts? I did 4 days on 3 days off and thought it was a good deal. I'd appreciate the feedback on how your shifts work there.

Thanks

07-27-2007, 10:36 AM
I probally speak for a bunch of deputies when I say...

ROTATING SHIFTS!!!
This is fair for everyone. It also puts all deputies on a level playing field so supervisors can find out who the "producers" are and who aren't pulling their weight.

-Nuff said.

07-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Actually we work 12 hour days with every other Wed. off. This week we work Thur. thru Sat. Next week we work Wed. thru Sat. It's every other Wed. off no matter which side of the week you work.

07-27-2007, 06:51 PM
I apologize for my earlier statement about the roating shifts. I read the post incorrectly (very, very, sleepy).

We are not on roating shifts as of yet (unless you are lucky to work in D4). We work the shifts zone explained.

Rotating shifts should be what the schedule is though agency wide. I've worked enough shifts here: (5) 8.6 hrs// (12) rotating shifts// (4) 10.75 shifts// and (12) 4 on then 3 on. The rotating never fatigued you, and it seemed like you were always off for a long time.

10-03-2007, 04:55 PM
Can we get some intelligent commentary/opinions on the current d1,2,3,7,8 leo 12 hr schedule? Is this the best schedule and is it the healthiest schedule? Or is the jail/d4 rotating weekends or old 4 10's schedule better? Will they ever switch back?

Also, why are the ot details announced on e-mail then gone instantly? Why does TC from D2 get them all?

10-03-2007, 10:21 PM
[quote="releasethetwins"]Can we get some intelligent commentary/opinions on the current d1,2,3,7,8 leo 12 hr schedule? Is this the best schedule and is it the healthiest schedule? Or is the jail/d4 rotating weekends or old 4 10's schedule better? Will they ever switch back?

Also, why are the ot details announced on e-mail then gone instantly? Why does TC from D2 get them all?[/quote
favortism!!

10-04-2007, 03:17 PM
Do you think some people are getting tipped off prior to the e-mail going out? Hmmmmmmm
There must be some way to see what time the detail was picked up. This sounds like a good case for Laptop Sgt… oh, never mind.