PDA

View Full Version : End of NPPD officer's career

News Flash
07-25-2007, 01:10 PM
End of NPPD officer's career
NORTH PORT -- A former police officer of the year resigned as the city prepared to fire him for showing other officers a video of a woman flashing her breasts to a police camera.

Officer J.W. Triplett, a five-year veteran of the department, refused comment as he dropped off equipment at department headquarters.

"Yeah, it's harsh," Chief Terry Lewis said of the recommended firing after Triplett had resigned. "But we run a professional police department."

It all began on June 21 when Triplett investigated a hit-and-run accident near...
Click here (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070725/NEWS/707250306/-1/Help07) for the full story.

07-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Considering the officer had no serious issues in the past and was an Officer of the Year 2 years ago, his termination does not fit the proper punishment required. A letter or a verbal would have been enough.

A vote of no confidence would slow down you hard ass chief, don't wait until your on the hot seat to do this. Get together with your union and stand tall together.

I hope your Chief has never made a mistake as a young officer and he is perfect.

I hate to hear stories like this.

07-25-2007, 10:44 PM
sgt, i am leaving this place to go to the S.O. , i am leaving for lots of reasons small city , small dept and admin issues.

07-26-2007, 12:49 PM
People at SSO either love or hate TL because he plays favorites. He promotes his favorites and he terrorizes those he hates. That's not fair. The only thing TL is consistent about is his favoritism. You guys will find out, if you haven't found out already.

Regarding the major murder investigation ---- TL came on TV and said that the bad guys would be going to jail --- and he said it with such force and authority. That's a classic example of his blowhard tactics, but this time he goofed. Investigations 101 says not to release anything like that, but TL did it anyways --- and there is still no arrest.

You guys are in for a real treat with TL. His games are just now begining, now that he's getting to know all of you guys on a first name basis. I actually feel very sorry for you.

TL, good riddance. Please never come back to the SSO. :roll:

07-27-2007, 05:11 PM
Does anyone think the rumor about the murderer hitting here because of Chief Lewis's work on the other kidnap/rape/murder victim has any truth to it? A copy cat...

Also, why is he speaking up now? He is saying the media is key in keeping this girls case alive in the public mind. We have been begging for him to say something, anything...

What has changed?

03-19-2008, 07:28 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20 ... /-1/Help07 (http://www.heraldtribune.com/article/20070725/NEWS/707250306/-1/Help07)

03-19-2008, 08:12 PM
As i said a short time ago in my subject titled as above. When are you all going to stand up and get rid of that totally useless TERRY LEWIS. I have said this before this town is just like Hazzard County. ITS TIME FOR A MAJOR CHANGE. It is up to the citizens of North Port TO DO IT. How much longer are we going to keep reading stories and comments from NPPD officers and the public condeming this incompetant cheif.

Do you know that I have NEVER read or heard anything good or even slightly possitive about him. We seriously are the laughing stock of the state here.

PLEASE PLEASE FOR GODS SAKE LETS MAKE A CHANGE. because nothing it gonna get better whilst he is still here

03-19-2008, 10:26 PM
Where did you work at the SO, former deputy?

05-07-2008, 01:05 PM
Does anyone think the rumor about the murderer hitting here because of Chief Lewis's work on the other kidnap/rape/murder victim has any truth to it? A copy cat...

I wouldn't give the killer that much credit. He made a LOT of mistakes so clearly he's not the brightest crayon in the box. Also, he lived here. He didn't come from out of town to commit the crime, so that gives even less weight to that theory.

05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Back to the OP re: JWT's incident.... I can see where he thought that it was funny, that the girl had flashed the camera of her own free will, but clearly it was an error in judgment to show that tape around. He didn't mean to be disrespectful of them, but really it was. What a shame.

He'll get hired by another dept. and move on.