PDA

View Full Version : Ride along

07-22-2007, 11:33 PM
Call Lt. Tommy Aman or Capt David Messenger 18003467596 or (904)824-8304. They are over over Law Enforcement/ Patrol. Tell them who you are and work for. A ride along is simple for sworn leo's. If you are not, there is a waiver to complete. Godd Luck

07-23-2007, 08:44 PM
Can you tell me what the starting pay is there?, How is the agency to work for?

07-24-2007, 01:29 AM

The current starting pay (no experience) is $33k and will be $36k by October 07. The department has the best moral in the state, and I have visited a lot of sheriff offices. The Sheriff is great and really knows what he is doing. The equipment is excellent and so is the off-duty employment. All of the supervisors are easy going and are great to work with.

Go to www.sjso.org (http://www.sjso.org) for more info. Come on down and join us!

- FLDep4U

07-24-2007, 03:14 AM

The current starting pay (no experience) is $33k and will be $36k by October 07. The department has the best moral in the state, and I have visited a lot of sheriff offices. The Sheriff is great and really knows what he is doing. The equipment is excellent and so is the off-duty employment. All of the supervisors are easy going and are great to work with.

Go to www.sjso.org (http://www.sjso.org) for more info. Come on down and join us!

- FLDep4U
Thank You soo much, I currently work for an agency were the moral is horrible, I have visited the county and loved it!! Ill be calling for a ride along this week. I talked to one of your deputies when I was there, and he had nothing but good to say, its a nice change of pace!!! :)

07-24-2007, 05:18 PM
[quote="SOUTH WEST DEPUTY":eoqokzo0]Can you tell me what the starting pay is there?, How is the agency to work for?

- FLDep4U
Thank You soo much, I currently work for an agency were the moral is horrible, I have visited the county and loved it!! Ill be calling for a ride along this week. I talked to one of your deputies when I was there, and he had nothing but good to say, its a nice change of pace!!! :)[/quote:eoqokzo0]

Since this is an anonymous website, where do you currently work? I am thinking of moving to south west Florida.

Thanks!

07-31-2007, 01:04 AM
Sounds like he works for Lee County Sheriff's Office...

08-31-2007, 02:25 AM
I WORK FOR A STATE AGENCY THAT MAINLY DOES TRAFFIC CRASHES AND UTC'S :wink: I CAN TELL YOU SJSO GUYS SEEM HAPPY FOR THE MOST PART AND THIER NEW GUYS ARE MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS ME 5_+ YEAR AS A "AAA W/ BADGE". KIDDING ASIDE I HAVE FUN WORKING W/ THE SJSO DEPUTIES.

09-08-2007, 02:05 PM
I WORK FOR A STATE AGENCY THAT MAINLY DOES TRAFFIC CRASHES AND UTC'S :wink: I CAN TELL YOU SJSO GUYS SEEM HAPPY FOR THE MOST PART AND THIER NEW GUYS ARE MAKING AS MUCH MONEY AS ME 5_+ YEAR AS A "AAA W/ BADGE". KIDDING ASIDE I HAVE FUN WORKING W/ THE SJSO DEPUTIES.

XD45ACP (Awesom-o) I see you have snuck out of your message board and snuck in St. Johns...that's cool, I am almost done my video anyway. Go back to your R.A. side.

For the Deputy who started this thread, I would like to offer my opinion. I work for the same agency as XD45ACP, and agree that SJSO is a great group. Their morale seems high and their pay seems to be good too. Housing costs are slowly coming down in the area too which is a help, there was a period there where it was out of hand. I can't think of a single deputy at SJSO that ever talked about leaving the department. Plus you get Beach Patrol as overtime!

Good luck with whatever decision you make.

09-08-2007, 07:43 PM
S16D , This thread has been officially hijacked. I think the computer SRT is getting paged out. ----Any sjso guys know the official count of sworn deputies ?

09-17-2007, 08:02 PM
around 400 sworn and between 600 in all.

10-03-2007, 06:09 PM

- FLDep4U

Are you kitting me, S.J.S.O is one of the most racist agency in florida.
How many minority officers are in leadership positions.

If you are a white male it is the place to work but for a minority J.S.O would be the place.

10-19-2007, 12:58 AM
Do you get a take home cruiser right out of field training? How readily available is the overtime work and what kind of details are you guys getting? Thank you and stay safe.