PDA

View Full Version : Mandatory Meeting July 26

07-20-2007, 02:26 PM
So, another meeting. Will anything change? Or will our concerns fall on deaf ears? Dr. M might not show up after she reads all of our surveys!

07-20-2007, 02:49 PM
So true. I'm sick and tired of saying the same things over and over to the administration. I know the chief had to be telling her what the problems are around here. But we have to show up and I say we give her both barrels! Maybe some of us who are looking at other agencies will speak up and say something about it to her?? Heck, everybody knows who we are anyway.

07-21-2007, 02:44 AM
I've read the survey, but it says don't talk about the money....? Uravich and Johnson left us in this mess, Longo is going for super cop status with an administration that supports the police even less then when Uravich was chief. Where do you go from here? It all boils down to the money! If you can't pay for competitive salaries in the job, and decent pay raises, you're going to continue to lose employees to the surrounding agencies! How much more top heavy can this agency get on the pay raises? Pay raises have still gone out, but not in a ballanced way, where they need to go, to solve the problem!

07-21-2007, 03:51 AM
Ya, I've heard rumors that pay decent raises have gone out to certain people in this agency well above and beyond the measly raise that the state is providing for the janitors and other staff members of the University How imortant is campus security? The city and county are blaming thier cuts on the property tax cut..?, Can USF blame it on the same thing? The USF buget is a lot bigger than the City of Tampa or Hillsborough County.

USF has multi millions in research money alone, not counting the Athletics department. Can't a minute, very small fracton part of that money be used to fund for campus secruity; to protect the research and the millions given to it, or to the top of the line security for the prestiege that the sporty events will bring? Even with 22 million of it is uncounted for, that still leaves a lot?

Thank God for the George W Bush campus securtiy act of 1990, which was enacted...,but, that act hasn't really been followed the way it was meant to be. In this day of campus diverstiy and violence, at least homeland security on the campus should be priority, not a sideline. It would take a vey miniscule part of any of these bugets to get things in line for the Univerity Polcie to be effective and happy. Again the top of all these organizations involved get hefty pay raises, while negelecting the mainline/backbone security, and the people that provide it; the University Police.

It's no differet at the Police level, some get good pay raises and the rest get the same raise a custodian gets, no matter of training, education, and experience. Wake up USF!

07-23-2007, 09:12 PM
It won't fall on deaf ears if the Media gets them. When is the Channel 10 Story?

07-24-2007, 03:04 PM
Stay tuned to Channel 10 News on Monday, July 30th !!!

07-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Meeting is cancelled.....Interesting. USF can run, but they can't hide !!! Can anyone explain what "Due to complexities in budget and program coordination" the meeting had been cancelled........means?

07-24-2007, 08:15 PM
Well so much for the "BIG MEETING" other much more important issues must have come up :roll: :roll: :roll: . Issues much more important than the Morale of the Cops.

The writing is on the wall folks they don't care who stays, who goes, they have no plans what so ever to give us any type of decent raise.

Why do we do anything here, look out for yourself and fellow officers first, do your shift and go home. Give to them what they give to you, nothing!

07-24-2007, 09:37 PM
I use to work there and enjoy keeping up with things. I posted before that the only pay raises that will be given out, are to chosen employees and thats why I left. If you're not one of the chosen, you get the inadequet pay raises the rest of the state employees get, nevermind your education or your profession as a police officer. Putting time on the job there means nothing, no pay plan raises, and no take home car. If you want to make your career as a cop, USF isn't the place. I don't know what the last poster is talking about, but it doesn't sound good.

07-24-2007, 10:44 PM
This is awful, I was so looking forward to telling Meningall all about how bad things are, that way she could act like she is so concerned then call a metting in 2008 to hear it all again. This place is ridiculous !!!!

I hear Parking services is hiring.....IM GONNA BE A PARKING OFFICER NOW...THEY GOT ONE HELL OF A BUDGET, NIGHTS OFF, AND CAN COLLECT MONEY FROM THE COPS WHEN THEY WRITE TICKETS.

07-24-2007, 10:48 PM
The new semester is almost upon us. We will be flooded with extra work and calls, as well as more calls from the new north sector on 46th street. And don't forget about the draft. It started already for this weekend. All this for the same amount of money!

07-24-2007, 11:45 PM
"The new patrol area" .... yes we will now be picking up extra work with no extra compensation. Funny thing is the Officers who we will be replacing made $10 k more than we do.

Do whats required nothing more

07-25-2007, 12:19 AM
Taking on more then than the USF campus jurisdiction is the most rediculous thing going on. Double the work load without the pay compensation. Handling a lot of the work load of the surrounding agencies and getting paid less! Come one!

07-25-2007, 04:17 AM
attica attica attica !!!!!!!

07-25-2007, 08:15 PM
The VP sent us back all of our surveys and asked them to be summaized??? Give me a break!!!!! What a lazy A$$HOLE!

07-25-2007, 09:01 PM
Is this last post about her sending back the surveys and having them summuarized confirmed or is it another rumor that has been started due to frustration. If it is confirmed I say that all the copies that have been saved by use be complied into an envelope and sent to channel 10. The reporter would have no problem summarizing them for Dr. Meningall and Geneshaft.

07-25-2007, 11:04 PM
If this is true or not these surveys should be sent to Cahnnel 10 at once. The survey thing was a B.S. attempt to make us feel like something was going to be done. I really believe that after a review of these surveys they went into panic mode. There is alot more to it than just money and alot of us let it be known.

To Steph and Mike K : I SAVED MY SURVEY, LET US KNOW WHEN YOU WANT THEM !!!!!! LETS GET THEM TO CHANNEL 10 RIGHT AWAY !!!!!!

07-25-2007, 11:40 PM
Dude, I seen the campus and you guys are the coolest cops ever. There were rad azz cars, really HOT babes and some cool azz dudes working there. I wish you all the best with your recent troubles.

07-25-2007, 11:41 PM
Dude, I seen the campus and you guys are the coolest cops ever. There were rad azz cars, really HOT babes and some cool azz dudes working there. I wish you all the best with your recent troubles.

07-26-2007, 12:08 AM
If you really want to get the blood boiling read the minutes from this meeting..especially the start of page 3.

http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/campusSecuri ... inutes.pdf (http://www.dcf.state.fl.us/campusSecurity/docs/may9minutes.pdf)

07-26-2007, 07:34 PM
So nice to see that Genshaft is so proud of us for getting 2nd place in the Chiefs Challenge......I know I feel better....we dont need anything but love.

07-27-2007, 08:59 PM
The rumor is confirmed, surveys were sent back to be summarized.

I have been working here for more than a few years, and I have never been this unhappy at work. It is now becomming clear to me that the only way to be taken care of is to either quit or work on the Chief's staff. Those are the only ones who are making money!!

I just heard a nasty rumor that 2 people of rank just got a raise?? WTF???? If it is true I'm calling bullsh1t on that!

07-27-2007, 10:48 PM
Its public record. Your human resources department should have that information. They might be hesitant to provide it, but they have to. Believe its a misdemeanor if they don't.

07-27-2007, 11:21 PM
Are you are you people kidding me? Do you think the VP would send out a survey with a fill in the blank answer form to read, from an entire department that she knows is unhappy? You all are fools who got hoaxed and filled one of these out.

07-28-2007, 09:24 PM
As usual command staff and dept got suckered into thinking the university gave a damn. THE WRITING IS AND HAS ALWAYS BEEN ON THE WALL...THEY DONT GIVE A &%*# ABOUT US.