PDA

View Full Version : NYPD and LAPD Blogging

07-20-2007, 12:23 PM
First, I wanted to express some support for our moderators for doing a good job of policing this message board. Although there are many users that appear disturbed by the cleaning up that the moderators do, it's an important job. Apparently, we either can't or refuse to police ourselves so we, instead, have to count on the moderators to protect us from ourselves.

I also wanted to mention that I checked out some other message boards to see if they compared to BSO's. For those of you that have a minute, check out NYPD and LAPD. Their message boards would surprise you.

Some of the users here defend the daily smut and gossip that is posted on BSOs forum by saying that you'll find that kind of stuff in every department. After reading the blogs of those other comparable departments, I realized how ridiculously stupid BSO looks on this public website! I really hope that the officers from those other departments never peek in on our blogging.

NYPD and LAPD are also very large departments like BSO but manage to keep a very professional message board. In fact, both departments posted the news article from November's shooting of Deputy B. Tephford and Deputy C. Carbocci to offer their prayers and well wishes. You'll also find a tribute to 9-11 heroes, and an RIP thread for a retired officer that died after battling cancer. That's the kind of stuff they write about, while we, here in Broward County, spend our time trying to decide who to call out as the laziest deputy or who the fattest dispatcher is.

In those departments, you don't see supervisor bashing, rumor spreading, worst of the worst.... They don't use this public forum to throw their brothers, sisters, and bosses under the bus. I just wonder why it might be that BSO can't seem to maintain a professional image on this board while other departments appear poised and supportive of one another. Based upon what I saw on the other boards, I can't imagine an NYPD user ranting and raving that a "Hottest Cops" thread was deleted and he couldn't write anonymous posts about the t*ts and as*es of fellow co-workers.

I think maybe we should all learn a little something from our brothers and sisters at the NYPD and the LAPD and maybe be a little more responsible with this board. This really shouldn't be a mud slinging contest or a rumor mill.

If we don't like a co-worker or a supervisor, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that not everyone at the NYPD gets along or likes their bosses, but they don't post their negative commments and rumors all over this thing so that everyone under the sun can read about it! They don't try to humiliate and embarass one another. They show respect and are more mindful, obvioulsly, than we seem to be.

I certainly don't look forward to all of the rude and negative responses to this post, however, I do expect it. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts...

Be safe. :wink:

07-20-2007, 02:28 PM
First, I wanted to express some support for our moderators for doing a good job of policing this message board. Although there are many users that appear disturbed by the cleaning up that the moderators do, it's an important job. Apparently, we either can't or refuse to police ourselves so we, instead, have to count on the moderators to protect us from ourselves.

I also wanted to mention that I checked out some other message boards to see if they compared to BSO's. For those of you that have a minute, check out NYPD and LAPD. Their message boards would surprise you.

Some of the users here defend the daily smut and gossip that is posted on BSOs forum by saying that you'll find that kind of stuff in every department. After reading the blogs of those other comparable departments, I realized how ridiculously stupid BSO looks on this public website! I really hope that the officers from those other departments never peek in on our blogging.

NYPD and LAPD are also very large departments like BSO but manage to keep a very professional message board. In fact, both departments posted the news article from November's shooting of Deputy B. Tephford and Deputy C. Carbocci to offer their prayers and well wishes. You'll also find a tribute to 9-11 heroes, and an RIP thread for a retired officer that died after battling cancer. That's the kind of stuff they write about, while we, here in Broward County, spend our time trying to decide who to call out as the laziest deputy or who the fattest dispatcher is.

In those departments, you don't see supervisor bashing, rumor spreading, worst of the worst.... They don't use this public forum to throw their brothers, sisters, and bosses under the bus. I just wonder why it might be that BSO can't seem to maintain a professional image on this board while other departments appear poised and supportive of one another. Based upon what I saw on the other boards, I can't imagine an NYPD user ranting and raving that a "Hottest Cops" thread was deleted and he couldn't write anonymous posts about the t*ts and as*es of fellow co-workers.

I think maybe we should all learn a little something from our brothers and sisters at the NYPD and the LAPD and maybe be a little more responsible with this board. This really shouldn't be a mud slinging contest or a rumor mill.

If we don't like a co-worker or a supervisor, there's nothing wrong with that. I'm sure that not everyone at the NYPD gets along or likes their bosses, but they don't post their negative commments and rumors all over this thing so that everyone under the sun can read about it! They don't try to humiliate and embarass one another. They show respect and are more mindful, obvioulsly, than we seem to be.

I certainly don't look forward to all of the rude and negative responses to this post, however, I do expect it. Thanks for taking the time to read my thoughts...

Great post and comparison. I too have read over numerous blogs from other PD's and Sheriff's Office's and have found that the BSO forum is by far the worst for mud slinging, name calling, back stabbing. I do work for a department and we do have our problems, but nothing of the magnitude as this on BSO forum. But from what I hear, can you really expect any different. I am shocked yet not surprised that the most hits on this blog came from the recently deleted blog, "Who's the hottest at BSO." It had some 4000 views, and hardly anything to voice concern over the politcal corruption with Ken Jenne. Oh well. What do they say, "It's the sign of the times," Good luck and have a great time bashing each other.

07-20-2007, 02:46 PM
Check out the City of Miami PD's message board if you want to see BASHING taken to a whole new level. They top BSO hands down for most disgruntled, pissed off rancid employees in one place.

07-21-2007, 12:53 AM
I checked out those other boards and I agree- BSO comes accross really unprofessionally on here. WAY TO GO BSO! Let's knock that sh*t off

07-21-2007, 01:42 AM

IS THAT YOU KEN DUGGER? ENJOY YOUR RETIREMENT DUDE :lol:

07-21-2007, 03:04 PM
Your right that these two agencies are not posting silly crap like which chief is having an affair or which deputy is the laziest. However the MDCs in NYPD are not monitored like they are here, there were plenty of times that it is impossible to run a tag because somebody said something stupid on the MDC and it just sparked a melay of replies and you can also log on annonymously unlike our computers where everyone knows who you are. This agency has never experienced an event like 911 and if they did I dont think that they could handle it. Working for two and three days straight and inhaling god knows what while digging in a ditch trying to hopefully save one of your collegues or a civilian. :(

07-21-2007, 04:03 PM
However the MDCs in NYPD are not monitored like they are here,

Don't kid yourself, pal.

there were plenty of times that it is impossible to run a tag because somebody said something stupid on the MDC and it just sparked a melay of replies

You are right, bored, stupid and immature behavior.

and you can also log on annonymously unlike our computers where everyone knows who you are.

Huh?

07-21-2007, 05:45 PM
The other boards ARE monitored just like BSOs is. Look at LAPDs, MOD 193 is the earliest post.

Anyway, was the argument that the LAPD and the NYPD are more professional and responsible with their boards because they are NOT monitored? That makes no sense.

I think that it's just safe to say that although the people working for BSO are no different than the people working in other departments and that there is gossip and bashing in other places as well, the other departments just opt not to post it for public viewing. They may discuss their dislikes for fellow co-workers and supervisors in a private setting amongst one another instead of blabbing and b*tching all over this message board.

They choose to represent themselves for the public in a different way than BSO does. It's a shame that BSO can't do the same. I think it's just amazing how ballsy everyone is in here when they are protected by anonymous usernames. To me, it's very cowardly.

I am not ashamed of anything I have ever posted on this website and would not be afraid if IP addresses were pulled (which they won't be), but I choose to remain anonymous only because posting your name on here invites vicious attacks even when you truly don't deserve it. That's sad to me.

07-24-2007, 04:26 PM
Your right that no one want s to put their name on here even if they aren't saying anything negative because there will be someone who will strart a string of b.s. posts about that person. I never would put myname on here. I don't put negative posts on this board but i'm sure there is someone that doesn't like me and a whole new topic would get started about what a big lazy d*ick I am or whatever.

07-30-2007, 12:25 PM
The other boards ARE monitored just like BSOs is. Look at LAPDs, MOD 193 is the earliest post.

Anyway, was the argument that the LAPD and the NYPD are more professional and responsible with their boards because they are NOT monitored? That makes no sense.

I think that it's just safe to say that although the people working for BSO are no different than the people working in other departments and that there is gossip and bashing in other places as well, the other departments just opt not to post it for public viewing. They may discuss their dislikes for fellow co-workers and supervisors in a private setting amongst one another instead of blabbing and b*tching all over this message board.

They choose to represent themselves for the public in a different way than BSO does. It's a shame that BSO can't do the same. I think it's just amazing how ballsy everyone is in here when they are protected by anonymous usernames. To me, it's very cowardly.

I am not ashamed of anything I have ever posted on this website and would not be afraid if IP addresses were pulled (which they won't be), but I choose to remain anonymous only because posting your name on here invites vicious attacks even when you truly don't deserve it. That's sad to me.Log on to www.NYPDRANT.com (http://www.NYPDRANT.com) and see how professional the cops are in nyc. What a surprise, a deputy that don't know what he is talking about.

12-19-2007, 06:13 PM
8)

12-19-2007, 09:08 PM
I can't believe that you are actually comparing BSO to LAPD and NYPD. There is no comparisson. BSO couldn't begin to do the type of police work that those other agencies do. Lets see....Weston or South Central?

12-21-2007, 01:31 AM
All of you people who actually think that this site is the worst and most negative, please leave and go to those "other" departments. NYPD is the most vile and hateful agency in the country, just read NYPDRANT. Even little Pahokee which has about 20 cops go after each other with real venom. Stop whining about this site already!!!!

12-21-2007, 02:58 AM
All of you people who actually think that this site is the worst and most negative, please leave and go to those "other" departments. NYPD is the most vile and hateful agency in the country, just read NYPDRANT. Even little Pahokee which has about 20 cops go after each other with real venom. Stop whining about this site already!!!!

SO??? Beacuse they are disgusting that gives you free reign here?? GROW UP MORON

12-21-2007, 11:33 AM

Okay... i went to Pakokee's forum. There is a total of ONE page of threads and the last post was on 12/1/07. I didn't see bashing on there by the way either. So.......................... i'm confused.

12-23-2007, 01:11 AM
We all need to grow up and start acting professional. We look like fools.

12-23-2007, 01:56 AM
screw you pal

12-23-2007, 02:10 AM
screw you pal

Thats a good start you moron