PDA

View Full Version : Tinting of marked units???

07-18-2007, 08:06 PM
Why can't we tint the windows of our marked units?? I understand not blacking them out for safety reasons. Florida law has a percentage limit on the darkness of tint so why would it be wrong to use the same 28%/18% rule like every other car on the road??? Some tint would greatly increase our personal safety, protect the equipment(computers), protect against skin cancer and save gas $$$. It would not cost the department a dime, deputies would pay this out of their own pockets like me.

These are minor reqests that the department should allow to make their employees a little more happier out there on the streets.

07-18-2007, 08:42 PM
Why can't we tint the windows of our marked units?? I understand not blacking them out for safety reasons. Florida law has a percentage limit on the darkness of tint so why would it be wrong to use the same 28%/18% rule like every other car on the road??? Some tint would greatly increase our personal safety, protect the equipment(computers), protect against skin cancer and save gas $$$. It would not cost the department a dime, deputies would pay this out of their own pockets like me.

These are minor reqests that the department should allow to make their employees a little more happier out there on the streets.

Save your money on the tint and pay your tolls.

07-18-2007, 08:48 PM

Save your money on the tint and pay your tolls.

PLEASE LEARN HOW TO SPELL YOUR OWN TITLE CHIEF !

07-18-2007, 09:07 PM
The only reason why we can't have window tints like every other department is because of a certain Col. downtown. According to our great leader, this col. did some "research" and found that tints alledgedly do more bad than good. This coming from a col. who has tints on his car and doesn't have to worry about the 100 degree sun on charlie, or trying to type a daily/ report while looking around to make sure nobody is taking advantage of the fact that your looking down at your computer.

Maybe if good ol' kenny got a kickback from the tinting company he would approve it...just a thought.

07-18-2007, 09:18 PM
:shock: Go to work and on BSOWeb, look for "Ask the Sheriff" check out his reply to this question.
I also can understand the safety reason, but we don't have to get the dark tint just about everybody else has. If it's so dangerous to have tint on at night, why isn't the Sheriff lobbying to make all tint illegal? :?:

Why is it that the new transport vans have dark tint on them. I guess DOD Deps have better eyesight :?: :roll: Yes this is just a small little thing they could allow to better the complete & total lack of morale.

:shock: WHAT? THERE IS A MORALE PROBLEM :?: :shock: [/b]

07-18-2007, 10:32 PM
I agree. It is very difficult to read a dispatched call on the MDT when the bright sun is blinding you. If the department thought it was a liability not to have at least some tint maybe they would change their minds. The bell rings when you get a call and you read the address & any safety information you need. This must be done while driving because we are first responders and can't pull under a tree for shade to read the MDT every time. I can tell you that if I ever get into a signal 4 while responding to a code call, this will be an issue and probably be part of a lawsuit. There is a long paper trail to show why we need it and have asked for it many times only to be denied by brass with tint on their own police cars!!!!

07-20-2007, 09:57 PM
Hey, I have an idea. Since they're so concerned about safety when driving around at night with dark tint, let's look at the number of overnight accident's C.I., SET, and K-9 have had. I'm sure that when we look at the massive numbers (?) we'll find, we'll see that their concerns are correct. :shock: :snicker:

07-21-2007, 04:26 AM
Keep tha damn tint and give us a raise. Boo Hoo I cant see during the day...wahhhhhh.
How about I cant pay for my wife and two girlfriends......give me more money

07-21-2007, 05:06 AM
Uh..the reason why the front windows aren't tinted is so we aren't seen slacking off, i do agree however the back windows should be tinted

07-21-2007, 07:09 PM
:oops:

YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE VEHICLES WITH AC-I HEARD THEY WANT US TO STOP USEING THE AC TO CONSERVE GAS-NEW POLICY COMING BOYS AND GIRLS IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT QUIT. WALK A BEAT IN NYPD
PS DO NOT FORGET THE SUNSCREEN WHILE ON PATROL WE WILL ALWAYS NEED IT AND BY THE WAY PBSO HAS TINTED WINDOWS AND THEY ARE HIRING IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OUR PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION.

07-22-2007, 01:45 PM

YOU ARE LUCKY YOU HAVE VEHICLES WITH AC-I HEARD THEY WANT US TO STOP USEING THE AC TO CONSERVE GAS-NEW POLICY COMING BOYS AND GIRLS IF YOU DO NOT LIKE IT QUIT. WALK A BEAT IN NYPD
PS DO NOT FORGET THE SUNSCREEN WHILE ON PATROL WE WILL ALWAYS NEED IT AND BY THE WAY PBSO HAS TINTED WINDOWS AND THEY ARE HIRING IF YOU DO NOT LIKE OUR PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATION.
You were walking foot patrol with no ac because you were probably a pathetic loser!

08-12-2007, 02:28 PM

We are not professionals. If we were, we would all be paid like the other professions out there, based on our education. Dont have to be educated to be a cop.

08-12-2007, 06:46 PM
Forget tint, there are real issues we need to concern ourselves with, like pay, equipment, benefits........

08-13-2007, 12:57 AM

We are not professionals. If we were, we would all be paid like the other professions out there, based on our education. Dont have to be educated to be a cop.

But we are the only profession in which we require [un]common sense

Can you really put a price on common sense? It cant be taught. If its a god given talent, they we should be compensated adequately.

08-13-2007, 11:46 PM
i was in sarasota county last week and they have nice dark tint on new impala's.

08-13-2007, 11:51 PM
Chris Reyka is dead and Maury Hernandez is clinging to life and you assholes are talking about tinting windows. **** YOU.

08-16-2007, 02:42 AM
HEY YOU NEED TO LOOK AT THE ASK THE SHERIFF BOARD IN THE GLASS TOWER AKA PSB YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE THE RESPONSE

08-16-2007, 03:33 AM
The way things have been going lately I'd rather they bulletproofed my marked unit than tinted it.

04-29-2008, 11:54 PM
The way things have been going lately I'd rather they bulletproofed my marked unit than tinted it.

I would rather have the tint.