PDA

View Full Version : Purchase Additional Insurance for Police Vehicles

07-18-2007, 07:56 PM
Many departments let their employees purchase additional auto insurance like Fort Lauderdale PD for their police vehicles to carry civilians off duty. The cost is really cheap. It covers anyone else riding in our cars. It would be a benefit to have the option to purchase this insurance in case we are in a jam and need the vehicle to transport someone. It would be zero cost to the department. We should have the option!! Any comments??

07-18-2007, 08:45 PM
Many departments let their employees purchase additional auto insurance like Fort Lauderdale PD for their police vehicles to carry civilians off duty. The cost is really cheap. It covers anyone else riding in our cars. It would be a benefit to have the option to purchase this insurance in case we are in a jam and need the vehicle to transport someone. It would be zero cost to the department. We should have the option!! Any comments??

You seem to have extra money to spend. No raise for you.
Also pay your tolls.

07-18-2007, 11:16 PM

:cop: :!: If I need to pick my kids up from school while I am on my way home, my agency allows it, but only if I have the rider through my personal auto insurance. I just changed to State Farm and it is only $75 every 6 months for that rider. It is worth it. God forbid there is an emergency like your child is sick and needs to get to a doctor right away, and you cannot go home to change vehicles to go pick them up. It is well worth the bucks to do it and have that peace of mind. We all know South Florida drivers drive like morons (to put it nicely). It is good to get that coverage in case one of those morons hit your unit when you have family in the vehicle. :!: :cop:

07-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Thanks Local Fuzz. I totally agree. Your department should rub off on BSO a bit. Chief of Staff has nothing better to do with his time but put fellow brothers/sisters down. I feel sorry for him. Be safe everyone.

07-21-2007, 01:10 AM

Half of you don't even have another vehicle and depend on your take home car. Try paying for the damn insurance yourself. Geez. I've never heard such crap in my life. And yeah... pay your tolls too!