PDA

View Full Version : Unexcused Leave Scam

07-17-2007, 10:56 PM
Anyone have information on the new payroll system and the use of codes to classify leave as unexcused which will $crew up your overtime and sick leave bonus day?

07-17-2007, 11:26 PM
Anyone have information on the new payroll system and the use of codes to classify leave as unexcused which will $crew up your overtime and sick leave bonus day?

Know what you're talking about before you start rumors. There is NO unexcused leave code except if you're AWOL. The only glitch in the new system is that you people who did OT in other districts and then called out sick in your own district. In the past, the sytem did not pick up that you had called out sick and paid you the OT because the OT was entered by the other district. Now it picks it up. I guess you were one of the scammers who took advantage of the old system. If you're gonna B****.....pick a topic that you have knowledge on.

07-17-2007, 11:31 PM

Know what you're talking about before you start rumors. There is NO unexcused leave code except if you're AWOL. The only glitch in the new system is that you people who did OT in other districts and then called out sick in your own district. In the past, the sytem did not pick up that you had called out sick and paid you the OT because the OT was entered by the other district. Now it picks it up. I guess you were one of the scammers who took advantage of the old system. If you're gonna B****.....pick a topic that you have knowledge on.

Ditto....you're probably one of the rookies who feels the world owes you a living and run to the union everytime you cant have a day off. You would never survive in the corporate world.....then again...they never would have hired you on. Go back to your playpen and whine to momma when someone kicks sand in your face.

07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
I am a civilian and do not do overtime in other Districts and have never abused anything in BSO. The new system has been set up with seperate codes for Unexcused Annual Leave, Unexcused Holiday, Unexcused Comp Time and Unexcused Sick Bonus Day. They are going to use these codes to track how leave is used when someone calls in sick or leaves early because they are sick and requests to use something other than sick leave. The UNEXCUSED Sick Bonus Day is the kicker. Apparently if you call in sick and request to use your earned Bonus Sick Day instead of regular sick leave to protect any overtime or your ability to earn another Sick Bonus Day you are $crewed because you will lose your OT and your time earned for a new Bonus Sick Day. Ask your payroll person to see page 29 of their instructions for the new system and you will see what I am talking about.

07-17-2007, 11:48 PM
I am a civilian and do not do overtime in other Districts and have never abused anything in BSO. The new system has been set up with seperate codes for Unexcused Annual Leave, Unexcused Holiday, Unexcused Comp Time and Unexcused Sick Bonus Day. They are going to use these codes to track how leave is used when someone calls in sick or leaves early because they are sick and requests to use something other than sick leave. The UNEXCUSED Sick Bonus Day is the kicker. Apparently if you call in sick and request to use your earned Bonus Sick Day instead of regular sick leave to protect any overtime or your ability to earn another Sick Bonus Day you are $crewed because you will lose your OT and your time earned for a new Bonus Sick Day. Ask your payroll person to see page 29 of their instructions for the new system and you will see what I am talking about.

07-17-2007, 11:50 PM

07-17-2007, 11:50 PM

07-18-2007, 01:28 AM

When you call in sick it IS a sick day. You dont try and scam and ask to use a sick bonus day. The sick BONUS day is not used in place of sick time......quit your whining rookie!

07-18-2007, 01:53 AM
Here’s the real scam, I believe that after about 25 years of service you accumulate over 2000 hrs of sick time. Now employee one uses sick time over the years and when he retires he sells back 1000 of his 1000 remaining hours, therefore he gets paid for 100% of his sick time. Employee two doesn’t use any sick time, when he retires he gets paid for 1000 hours, plus he got 50 bonus days (400 hrs) that leaves 600 hours not used. Who is the smarter employee? Why do we let this happen? By the way, I’m employee #2.

07-18-2007, 03:45 AM

Know what you're talking about before you start rumors. There is NO unexcused leave code except if you're AWOL. The only glitch in the new system is that you people who did OT in other districts and then called out sick in your own district. In the past, the sytem did not pick up that you had called out sick and paid you the OT because the OT was entered by the other district. Now it picks it up. I guess you were one of the scammers who took advantage of the old system. If you're gonna B****.....pick a topic that you have knowledge on. Your user name was perfect!! Keep protecting the agency and doing that out of district overtime in the airport you low life.

07-18-2007, 12:03 PM

Yeah, the code is YOUR CCN number....

07-18-2007, 09:51 PM
CLARIFICATION---There will be a General Order coming out reference the "UNEXCUSED" leave which DOES EXIST for you NON ROOKIES who think you know everything, by the way I AM NOT A ROOKIE with over 15 years.

The unexcused leave will be used for someone who has NO sick time and has to utilize other leave intead. The use of these UNEXCUSED codes makes you not eligible to earn a sick bonus day and the time used (Annual, Comp, Holiday or Personal) will not count towards 40 hours worked to calculate overtime.

It does not matter if you have 20 years or 2 years - you can still be low on time for good reasons (MATERNITY LEAVE - SERIOUS ILLNESSES) and are trying to build up as much leave of any kind as possible.

BY THE WAY - as a non-rookie it seems from several postings that old timers have a real issue with Rookies - you are all pathetic - EVERYONE has been there!!!

08-07-2007, 07:38 PM

Wow is the new system magic? How can any system determine that your time used was 'unexcsed sick time" when the leave slip you fill out will utilize the type of time that you or whoever approves the time, checks off. Unless you put in the "reason" line:time used was to prevent my overtime pay from being taken away for using sick time If your approved to use any leave other than sick, then your not sick, your on vacation for a day.

08-10-2007, 12:52 AM
CLARIFICATION---There will be a General Order coming out reference the "UNEXCUSED" leave which DOES EXIST for you NON ROOKIES who think you know everything, by the way I AM NOT A ROOKIE with over 15 years.

The unexcused leave will be used for someone who has NO sick time and has to utilize other leave intead. The use of these UNEXCUSED codes makes you not eligible to earn a sick bonus day and the time used (Annual, Comp, Holiday or Personal) will not count towards 40 hours worked to calculate overtime.

It does not matter if you have 20 years or 2 years - you can still be low on time for good reasons (MATERNITY LEAVE - SERIOUS ILLNESSES) and are trying to build up as much leave of any kind as possible.

BY THE WAY - as a non-rookie it seems from several postings that old timers have a real issue with Rookies - you are all pathetic - EVERYONE has been there!!!

We hear 'ya rookie.

08-10-2007, 02:06 AM
Let's all face it that Guess 9, or whom ever it is, is one of the brain washed ones in lala land.

04-30-2008, 12:27 AM
And we are still faced with the same problem.